men in black,
    the matrix (first one),
    da vinci code,
    the blade movies,
    taken
    sixth sense.
    ghost,
    face off

Thought I'd 'browse' your selection lol - out if that list, these are ones I like very much!

:smile:

Love all the above!
  • stella77
    stella77 Posts: 282
    Options
    Independence Day
    I must have seen it 50 times and I never get tired of it. It has all the features a great movie should have. great actors, comic relief, action, suspense. love story, sad story, you name it, the movie has it.

Aw...and the president's speech:

“Good morning. In less than an hour, aircraft from here will join others from around the world. And you will be launching the largest aerial battle in the history of mankind. “Mankind.” That word should have new meaning for all of us today. We can’t be consumed by our petty differences anymore. We will be united in our common interests. Perhaps it’s fate that today is the Fourth of July, and you will once again be fighting for our freedom… Not from tyranny, oppression, or persecution… but from annihilation. We are fighting for our right to live. To exist. And should we win the day, the Fourth of July will no longer be known as an American holiday, but as the day the world declared in one voice: “We will not go quietly into the night!” We’re going to live on! We’re going to survive! Today we celebrate our Independence Day!”

Hahha! Yes! I know most of it by heart!
  • Zuznana
    Zuznana Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I like lots of films....but my all time favourite has to be NeverEnding story 1. Especially now I have kids too. We sit there and watch it over and over and it never gets boring, it always gives me goosebumps and sometimes, when I'm sad it even makes me cry. And I'm 30 now, lol.

Never was I keen on 2nd and 3rd though. Just a rip off of the success of the first one. Completely killed the whole idea and concept of it. Boo on them.
  • UpToAnyCool
    UpToAnyCool Posts: 1,673
    Options
    how could i forget DONNIE DARKO - was reminded of this today when i was reading about hambitsgirl's post about the school's water main breakage...!
  • nomoremuffintopness
    Options
    So hard to choose, really

True Romance
    Pulp Fiction
    Fight Club
    Girl, Interrupted
    Romeo & Juliet
    American Psyhco
    Kill Bill 1 & 2
    American History X
    Donnie Darko
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options

True Romance
    Pulp Fiction
    Fight Club
    Girl, Interrupted
    Romeo & Juliet
    American Psyhco
    Kill Bill 1 & 2
    American History X
    Donnie Darko

Wow, you like some dark ones with twists and turns.
  • nomoremuffintopness
    Options

True Romance
    Pulp Fiction
    Fight Club
    Girl, Interrupted
    Romeo & Juliet
    American Psyhco
    Kill Bill 1 & 2
    American History X
    Donnie Darko

Wow, you like some dark ones with twists and turns.

Yes, my kind of movie!!!!! I am a movie fanatic and Quentin Tarantino knows how to get my attention.
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    We just watched Inglorious Basterds this past weekend. It was true Tarantino.
    I would also recommend The Usual Suspects. You seem to like the unexpected endings.
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    se7en...I dislike happy endings and that is just about the bleakest ending I have ever seen.

have you seen "Unthinkable" with Samuel L. Jackson?

Would fit into your taste, I'd imagine...
  • nomoremuffintopness
    Options
    We just watched Inglorious Basterds this past weekend. It was true Tarantino.
    I would also recommend The Usual Suspects. You seem to like the unexpected endings.

Inglorious Basterds was GENIUS and oh yes love Usual Suspects!
  • nomoremuffintopness
    Options
    how could i forget DONNIE DARKO - was reminded of this today when i was reading about hambitsgirl's post about the school's water main breakage...!

I could watch Donnie Darko over & over again!
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    is there a way to interpret that movie that doesn't result in a time loop? I've tried and tried, and it just mind-f's me every time. Also- Mulholland Drive. Just can't quite get there from here.

Any thoughts?
  • xxPeppaxx
    xxPeppaxx Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Grease, ET, Goonies, Stepbrothers, Carlito's Way
  • UpToAnyCool
    UpToAnyCool Posts: 1,673
    Options
    is there a way to interpret that movie that doesn't result in a time loop? I've tried and tried, and it just mind-f's me every time. Also- Mulholland Drive. Just can't quite get there from here.

Any thoughts?

Lucky Leprechaun - the one that really confused me was PRIMER - did you see that one?
  • padbh
    padbh Posts: 40
    Options
    caddy shack, I'm alright nobody worry about me!
  • 321Detonate
    Options
    I've seen Primer. That movie is effed up! I watched it twice back to back and then couldn't sleep trying to figure it out... that was a couple years ago, I should rent it again.

I thought of another gooder - Memento! After dozens of viewings I still pick up something new every time. Not to mention Guy Pearce is pretty nice on the eyes. :love:
  • efcdcdb
    efcdcdb Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    Dirty Dancing, Walk the Line, Blow, A Few Good Men, The Buccanner (1858 with Yul Brynner), Gone With The WInd, Chicago, Grease, Saturday Night Fever, The Rose, An Officer and A Gentleman, Top Gun, Halloween, Bad Santa...are just a few that come to mind. I am going to have to go back and read all the posts and make some notes....maybe I'll have some new favorites.

P.S. I know the question is "favorite movie of all time" but I don't have just one - and it seems like many other folks don't either. :laugh:
  • BigGail
    BigGail Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Scream
    The Notebook
    Pretty Woman
    Dog Soldiers
    The Lost Boys
    Legally Blonde
  • JStarnes
    JStarnes Posts: 5,576 Member
    Options
    A Christmas Story. I watch it year 'round.
  • philipjhill1
    philipjhill1 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Sixteen Candles, Pretty In Pink, The Breakfast Club

You would like Some Kind of Wonderful as well, another John Hughs film.

Agreed my favorite JH film!