Is it true you should eat within 30 minutes of waking up?

Options
My weight loss is slow. I am only loosing 1 pound a week. Today somebody told me I should eat something within 30 minutes of waking up in the morning. Is this true?

Replies

• Branstin
    Branstin Posts: 2,320 Member
    Options
    Weight loss is not based on meal timing. I have never eaten within 30 minutes of waking up and lost plenty of weight and never gain back any of it. For the amount of weight you are set to lose, 1 lb. a week is advisable.
  • bajoyba
    bajoyba Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    I've never even heard of that.

First of all, a loss of 1lb a week is actually a really great loss and a very healthy and sustainable rate.
    Second of all, I never eat within 30 minutes of waking up. I generally prefer to wait 3-4 hours. Meal timing is personal preference. :smile:
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    Doesn't matter when you eat outside of personal preference, satiety, and possibly mood levels.
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    No. Not true.
  • _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options
    My weight loss is slow. I am only loosing 1 pound a week. Today somebody told me I should eat something within 30 minutes of waking up in the morning. Is this true?
    If you're hungry then yes. Meal timing is practically meaningless. Eat your calories when you feel like eating them.
  • HerkMeOff
    HerkMeOff Posts: 1,002 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I don't eat until I have been up 5+ hours
  • Kevalicious99
    Kevalicious99 Posts: 1,131 Member
    Options
    This is TRUE and I follow this every day .. to the people that don't, they are not optimally treating their body.
  • wheird
    Options
    This is TRUE and I follow this every day .. to the people that don't, they are not optimally treating their body.

You seem surprised by this.
  • HerkMeOff
    Options

lolwut
  • natstar26
    natstar26 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Slow and steady wins the race lol but nope, as long as you eat 5-6 small meals a day it don't matter. I mean obviously you wont eat huge meal 10 mins before bed...... I eat every 2-3 hours and 6 small meals a day and i"m doing great and don't feel hungry. The reason why i eat this way is to SPEED UP my metabolism, which in turn assists in weight loss and hunger.
  • wheird
    Options
    Slow and steady wins the race lol but nope, as long as you eat 5-6 small meals a day it don't matter. I mean obviously you wont eat huge meal 10 mins before bed...... I eat every 2-3 hours and 6 small meals a day and i"m doing great and don't feel hungry.

What does it matter if you eat 1-3 meals versus 5-6? And what is wrong with eating right before bed?
  • HerkMeOff
    Options
    Slow and steady wins the race lol but nope, as long as you eat 5-6 small meals a day it don't matter. I mean obviously you wont eat huge meal 10 mins before bed...... I eat every 2-3 hours and 6 small meals a day and i"m doing great and don't feel hungry.

You DON'T need to eat 5-6 meals a day.
    You CAN eat right before bed
    You DON'T have to eat every 2-3 hours.

This is working for you, and that's great. But it's surely not something you HAVE to do.
  • MickeyCastello
    Options
    I do, but only because I don't get up until 9:00 - 9:30. God I love being retired!
  • natstar26
    Options

You DON'T need to eat 5-6 meals a day.
    You CAN eat right before bed
    You DON'T have to eat every 2-3 hours.

This is working for you, and that's great. But it's surely not something you HAVE to do.

Nope what ever works for each individual is great but that's one of the best ways to speed up your metabolism. just a suggestion :P
  • MickeyCastello
    Options

What does it matter if you eat 1-3 meals versus 5-6? And what is wrong with eating right before bed?

Nothing that I can think of. I usually have a snack just before my going to bed routine.
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options

I would love to seem some scientific studies supporting your claims.
  • natstar26
    Options

the reason for this method of madness lol is eating smaller portions more frequently speeds up your metabolism which in turn assists in weight loss. Also by eating more frequently your less likely to binge......
  • wheird
    Options

the reason for this method of madness lol is eating smaller portions more frequently speeds up your metabolism which in turn assists in weight loss. Also by eating more frequently your less likely to binge......

But it doesn't speed up your metabolism...:huh: