original?v=mpbl-1&px=-1
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options
    giphy.gif
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    I think maybe you don't enjoy critically looking at problems. Which is fine, but McDonalds is part of the cheap fast food that is making people obese - it's unhealthy food that is cheap. They do have some duty towards their customers not to feed them crap. Yes, McDonalds existed when you were a kid. People became more and more obese during your lifetime so far.

Your comments about the Occupy Wall Street movements are similar.

It's possible to lose weight, but there's no known cure for conservatism/libertarianism/whatever it is that stops you seeing things in context. As Stephen Colbert pointed out, "Reality has a well-known liberal bias."

Nobody forces you to eat fast food. Just saying

I think what people are missing here is that food manufacturer puts unnecessary things in food that create an addition: YES we are responsible to our own selves; however companies SHOULD tell you what is in your food. Food is manufactured to keep you interested and addicted. Its also cheaper and easy to produce. Why does a bottle of PEPSI cost more than a bottle of WATER? GATORADE , for extreme athletes, but do they really drink that ? who is drinking it ? CHILDREN

SUGAR.. THE BITTER TRUTH I highly recommend watching it !!!

There are only a few items at MCD's that DO NOT HAVE SUGAR!! Tell me why do you need to put sugar into a meat patty ?

DID YOU KNOW THAT YOU BRAIN IS STIMULATED THE SAME ON SUGAR AND COCAINE?? And 80% of the food at the supermarket has sugar, sometimes as diligent as you think you are being there could be something sabotaging you efforts.

TWO SIDES to every discussion ... this is just my thought on it ♥

But would you recommend the sugar documentary?
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    Options
    Rolling_bfd7a6_2830367.gif
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    Options
    raccoon-house-doing-forward-rolls-rolling-around-13972376680.gif
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    I think what people are missing here is that food manufacturer puts unnecessary things in food that create an addition: YES we are responsible to our own selves; however companies SHOULD tell you what is in your food. Food is manufactured to keep you interested and addicted. Its also cheaper and easy to produce. Why does a bottle of PEPSI cost more than a bottle of WATER? GATORADE , for extreme athletes, but do they really drink that ? who is drinking it ? CHILDREN

There are only a few items at MCD's that DO NOT HAVE SUGAR!! Tell me why do you need to put sugar into a meat patty ?

DID YOU KNOW THAT YOU BRAIN IS STIMULATED THE SAME ON SUGAR AND COCAINE?? And 80% of the food at the supermarket has sugar, sometimes as diligent as you think you are being there could be something sabotaging you efforts.

TWO SIDES to every discussion ... this is just my thought on it ♥

Wait, what?

Putting more ingredients in food makes it *less* expensive and *easier* to produce?

Also, sugar and cocaine are different.

I guess I'm just defying the odds by eating fast food and being healthy.

Finally, if you're terrified of sugar...(and you clearly are)...you're simply buying the wrong hamburger at McDonald's:
    100% BEEF PATTY:
    Ingredients: 100% Pure USDA Inspected Beef; No Fillers, No Extenders.
    Prepared with Grill Seasoning (Salt, Black Pepper).
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    I think what people are missing here is that food manufacturer puts unnecessary things in food that create an addition: YES we are responsible to our own selves; however companies SHOULD tell you what is in your food.

It's pretty easy to find out what's in McD's food. Also, how are you defining "addiction" here--appealing to a lot of people? (McD's is not my thing, personally, but clearly lots of people like it. Like others it was a special treat when I was a kid and I definitely liked it then, although not as much as some other burgers which were also special treats and probably had more calories.)
    Why does a bottle of PEPSI cost more than a bottle of WATER?

Does it? Depends on the water.

What's the evidence that there's sugar in the meat patty? The sugar is probably from the bun and ketchup.

Also, if the sugarless items include the fries, the "few items" include probably the most "addictive" element of McD's to the general public. I'm just guessing, but I'd place a small wager on this.

No, the effects of sugar and cocaine are not the same. And since this is a logging site, I'm sure most of us could find out what food items we eat have sugar in them. For me, the main culprits so far today are an apple, tomatoes, and a vanilla flavored greek yogurt, with a few more grams from various vegetables. I knew the flavored yogurt had sugar--it was hardly hidden or some kind of sabotage--and the rest, well, I guess Mother Nature is a b**tch.

Anyway, I so very much love how sugar is now to blame even for McD's. Sugar really is all-powerful. You have to respect that. Fat and salt must feel so emasculated.
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    cat-destroying-roll-of-toilet-paper.gif
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    No, the effects of sugar and cocaine are not the same. And since this is a logging site, I'm sure most of us could find out what food items we eat have sugar in them. For me, the main culprits so far today are an apple, tomatoes, and a vanilla flavored greek yogurt, with a few more grams from various vegetables. I knew the flavored yogurt had sugar--it was hardly hidden or some kind of sabotage--and the rest, well, I guess Mother Nature is a b**tch.

Anyway, I so very much love how sugar is now to blame even for McD's. Sugar really is all-powerful. You have to respect that. Fat and salt must feel so emasculated.

Vanilla flavored greek yogurt?! The horror.

Obviously, you need rehab.
  • Yagisama
    Yagisama Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    I ain't scared of no McDonald's (as well as other fast food). :drinker:

I travel to Tokyo 2-3 times a year and the Mega Mac (a double Big Mac) is popular there. I always get a few of them when I get the chance. And most Japanese people are not overweight, even the ones that go to McDonald's.

The only other place I've seen the Mega Mac was in Germany.
  • _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,302 Member
    Options
    and....then.....
  • Blueseraphchaos
    Blueseraphchaos Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    I think you hit the nail on the head! I was just having the same discussion with my neighbor yesterday, no one is willing to take responsibility anymore. I can sue McDonald's because I was too dumb to know my coffee would be hot and I spilled it because the lid wasn't pushed on all the way. Fast food is and will continue to be a "treat" in my house. I will join your AA group...hi, my name is Becca and I am an adult who is responsible for my own behaviors and actions.

I just have to reply to this one....the problem with the coffee incident was that the woman suffered 3rd degree burns and was hospitalized for 8 days, then had to have skin grafts and other treatment for 2 years. Her lawyer won the lawsuit based on the idea that the coffee was of a temperature that far exceeded any sane temperature and was therefore defective. She tried to get McDonald's to simply cover her medical expenses and lost income before she went to court, too. I had to research this case for a businesslaw class a couple years ago.

Now, i could expect my coffee to be hot, and blister my skin if i spilled it on myself, but needing skin grafts? That seems a little excessive and beyond the realm of personal responsibility. Just my opinion, of course.

As to the topic at hand, no one is forcing anyone to eat fast food, but ppl with less education tend to be more obese, have less income, and have less knowledge that what they're eating will make them fat. If i made a hamburger at home and baked my own bread and used a slice or 2 of that as a bun, it would have fewer calories than a fast food one because fast food places add sooo much sugar and extra fat to everything. Bread does not need high fructose corn syrup or sugar, but it's hiding everywhere anyway. Etc etc.
  • RockWarrior84
    RockWarrior84 Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    cat-destroying-roll-of-toilet-paper.gif

funny-cat-gifs-057-003.gif
  • Blueseraphchaos
    Blueseraphchaos Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    Also, putting cheap, highly subsidized ingredients into foods does, in fact, make them cheaper...soy, corn, sugar beets. That's exactly why fast food tends to be dirt-cheap. I think this is where I'll step out of this conversation, though. Have a good one!
  • Yagisama
    Yagisama Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    I think you hit the nail on the head! I was just having the same discussion with my neighbor yesterday, no one is willing to take responsibility anymore. I can sue McDonald's because I was too dumb to know my coffee would be hot and I spilled it because the lid wasn't pushed on all the way. Fast food is and will continue to be a "treat" in my house. I will join your AA group...hi, my name is Becca and I am an adult who is responsible for my own behaviors and actions.

I just have to reply to this one....the problem with the coffee incident was that the woman suffered 3rd degree burns and was hospitalized for 8 days, then had to have skin grafts and other treatment for 2 years. Her lawyer won the lawsuit based on the idea that the coffee was of a temperature that far exceeded any sane temperature and was therefore defective. She tried to get McDonald's to simply cover her medical expenses and lost income before she went to court, too. I had to research this case for a businesslaw class a couple years ago.

Now, i could expect my coffee to be hot, and blister my skin if i spilled it on myself, but needing skin grafts? That seems a little excessive and beyond the realm of personal responsibility. Just my opinion, of course.

As to the topic at hand, no one is forcing anyone to eat fast food, but ppl with less education tend to be more obese, have less income, and have less knowledge that what they're eating will make them fat. If i made a hamburger at home and baked my own bread and used a slice or 2 of that as a bun, it would have fewer calories than a fast food one because fast food places add sooo much sugar and extra fat to everything. Bread does not need high fructose corn syrup or sugar, but it's hiding everywhere anyway. Etc etc.

Thank you. I was going to say something similar, but you said it much better than I would have.

Unfortunately, when people bring up the McDonald's coffee incident, they tend to not have all the facts.
  • Guns_N_Buns
    Guns_N_Buns Posts: 1,899 Member
    Options
    They do have some duty towards their customers not to feed them crap.

uhhh...no.they.do.not. That would be the parent's role.
  • RockWarrior84
    RockWarrior84 Posts: 839 Member
    Options

You do realize that lady is still a dumb *kitten* for burning self, yes a coffee is hot. Standard coffee is served at 180 degree and up. Temp of boiling water is 212 degrees, cant cant get any hotter then that. Ya you can get burned but dont spill it. Kids are taught what is hot. As for the skin graffs and all the, seems a little excessive for boiling water unless she stuck her hand in the pot and held it there.
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    Options
    1b8ae3cddbdc36fcbba364aadf35b47a.jpg
  • kk_140
    kk_140 Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    1b8ae3cddbdc36fcbba364aadf35b47a.jpg

I didn't read the first thread, but this gif is amazing!