EPIC FOOD FAILS- Indulge today? VENT POST it.

Options
We all have those days where we just INDULGE on our favorites, whether it is a bowl of pasta, a slice of pizza or that asian take out! What I love about MFP is I know I can splurge and have my " Happy Friday Donut " but also know I need to burn those empty calories.... right? =)

As a dieters or life style changers, we all need that vent to confess where we indulged today, so here it goes...

I just had 2 glazed donuts = most delicious epic fail ever,
off to the gym? oh yea.

Replies

• SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    not sure how that is an epic fail...

I eat a cadbury chocolate bar everynight...everynight...and I love it...I prelog it.

today I had french toast with butter and bacon for breakfast along with my coffee with sugar and cream...

Lunch is a bbq chicken wrap on a long bun with avocado and cheese

Dinner will probably be Burger king...

Why is this not an epic fail because it's all in goal...I will hit my macros and it's all yummy.
  • jtrack3d
    jtrack3d Posts: 91
    Options
    Mine is fried fruit pies. I usually have one on my weekends when my exercise program ramps up because I teach dance classes so I can afford the extra calories. I have a cherry one on the counter calling my name!

But it fits in my budget!
  • mamabanana
    mamabanana Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    My epic fail is on the weekends. Sometimes, esp when we have guests. Usually I have a glass of wine or two, but it happened one weekend, I killed a bottle. Then, I started munching on the bowl of doritos. The next day I ate very light and drank lots of water. I had extra water retention for at least 2 more days. I just worked harder at my work-outs and hoped for the best
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    Two donuts is a fail? Wow, I fail every weekend then, if that's what's considered a fail.

My biggest splurge of the week was Wednesday, when I ate 3 Costco chocolate chunk cookies and an apple cinnamon streusel muffin. Those totaled about 1300 calories, and then you know, I had dinner later.

But then, I managed to stay within my calories that day. Does it still count as a fail? I failed to hit my protein macro because of all the carbs, but hey, it's just one day in the books.
  • Libby283
    Libby283 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    I ate a Dunkin Donuts bavarian creme donut on Wednesday. Tonight we are going to my favorite mexican restaurant. I plan to get my favorite not so low cal meal.
  • sarasteny06
    sarasteny06 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    yea I need start what you're doing! sounds delicious.
  • fr053n
    fr053n Posts: 2,793 Member
    Options
    Usually it's when I go grazy on peanut butter. I've had 1500 calories in one sitting. Felt really sick the rest of the day.
  • AnthonyThrashD
    Options
    I had a cinnamon raisin bagel covered in cream cheese for breakfast. Sometimes I have a Jr cheeseburger deluxe w/o mayo for lunch. I also have a couple mini dark chocolate bars almost every night. But like SezxyStef, I don't view these as fails, I'm staying under calorie goal and near macros, and I've consistently loss around 1.5 lbs per week.
  • sarasteny06
    sarasteny06 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I used to eat one , EVERY DAY for like 2 weeks .. just moved to Houston and discovered Shipleys donuts aka best donuts ever. So I went cold turkey for a month so today I was like screw it, might be my Friday donut special =)
    Two donuts is a fail? Wow, I fail every weekend then, if that's what's considered a fail.

My biggest splurge of the week was Wednesday, when I ate 3 Costco chocolate chunk cookies and an apple cinnamon streusel muffin. Those totaled about 1300 calories, and then you know, I had dinner later.

But then, I managed to stay within my calories that day. Does it still count as a fail? I failed to hit my protein macro because of all the carbs, but hey, it's just one day in the books.
  • rpilon21
    rpilon21 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I ate a box of chocolates last night...while watching Extreme Weight Loss...lol
  • sassyjae21
    sassyjae21 Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    I had a fail yesterday, but it's shark week, so I don't care and will make up for it today.

I went HAM on an indian buffet for lunch and then had steak and veggies for dinner. Dinner was only 500 calories but the Indian buffet was probably over 1000.

Was still hungry so I went to braums (ice cream and dairy) and got an oreo mix. Not too bad, but I didn't work out worth a crap and have been doing horribly all week. Holiday's were filled with barbeque and booze haha!

life goes on!
  • dlbredesen
    dlbredesen Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Rhubarb crisp and rhubarb upside down cake. mmmmmm love that rhubarb!!
  • lucidiva78
    lucidiva78 Posts: 1
    Options
    For 60 days, I had stayed on calorie track. Went to an all inclusive resort yesterday and totally went off of my calorie goals for the day. O well, back to the grind today. One day isnt going to make me depressed and fall off of the food wagon. :)
  • Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member
    Options
    Why is having food you enjoy an "EPIC FAIL"?

If that is failure, then I will happily live the rest of my life failing every day. Now, where's my Snickers?
  • stickersticker
    stickersticker Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Mine happens every Thursday when I see family.
  • SmaugHugs
    SmaugHugs Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I am out of town for surgery and this town has no grocery store that we can find and I am down a leg at the moment... So it is take out for three days. I ate a teen burger, a mozza burger and two mini apple pies yesterday. Going to be eating a bacon and egger this morning.

I look forward to oatmeal tomorrow....
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    I used to eat one , EVERY DAY for like 2 weeks .. just moved to Houston and discovered Shipleys donuts aka best donuts ever. So I went cold turkey for a month so today I was like screw it, might be my Friday donut special =)

Omigod I LOVE Shipleys! I'm in Austin, so yeah, Shipley's is why I get donuts every weekend too. Just make room for it in your day, and you'll be fine. On weekends, I tend to be a lot more active anyway.
  • sassyjae21
    sassyjae21 Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    I am out of town for surgery and this town has no grocery store that we can find and I am down a leg at the moment... So it is take out for three days. I ate a teen burger, a mozza burger and two mini apple pies yesterday. Going to be eating a bacon and egger this morning.

I look forward to oatmeal tomorrow....

What's a teen burger?
  • Dogwalkingirl
    Dogwalkingirl Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I had a caramel sundae. It did fit into my cals so all was well!

I know clean eating etc is a constant debate on here and I hope most people do understand you can lose weight eating crap but you are not going to be a healthier person. I would like to hope most people strive for health as well. Health is not measured souly by the number on a scale going down. Sometimes on this site I feel there is A LOT of bragging about all the fast food, bacon, pasteries, icecream etc people eat and still lose weight.

I think most people would agree you can not give up everything you love or you will set yourself up for failure. I eat chocolate, chips, ice cream etc. However, I also think most people will find if they spend a week cutting out fried food, grease, overprocessed food etc their workouts will be better, they will have more energy and in the long run you will be healthier.

I can eat two big macs a day and it will fit into my cals for the day...also means I will feel sluggish and tired, my skin will break out, my hair will get brittle etc. I guess what I am rambling about is dont feel like two donuts are a fail. However I hope everyone agrees two donuts, burger king, bacon, etc is not something to be consumed all the time.
  • feherd
    feherd Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Mine is probably going to be a third slice of pizza tonight...