EPIC FOOD FAILS- Indulge today? VENT POST it.

Options

Replies

• navygrrl
    navygrrl Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    I ate a slice of triple chocolate creme cake for lunch.
  • marvybells
    marvybells Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    I ate a slice of triple chocolate creme cake for lunch.

that sounds like an EPIC WIN to me
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    Rhubarb crisp and rhubarb upside down cake. mmmmmm love that rhubarb!!

mmmmmm, me too. Strawberry-rhubarb noosa yogurt is amazing btw.

I even love Mrs. Meyer's rhubarb SOAP...not to eat of course...to wash my hands with ;-)
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    My last epic fail was making some 'chouquettes' (sugar puffs) for the kids and eating them all before I even picked them up from school. Oops. That was like 3 weeks ago. And I was over by 1000 or something.

A medium fail was a couple days ago, I had too much protein cheesecake at lunch. Ended up skipping dinner because I wasn't hungry... then it hit me and I ate too much. So I was 200-300 calories over my TDEE. Should just have got a light dinner instead. Oh well.

I also eat a lot of ice cream but it typically fits in my calories, so that's not a fail, more like a win.
  • rebelduck
    rebelduck Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I've been craving proper fast food for a week or two, so I hit up Wendy's for lunch today. Spicy crispy chicken sandwich and fries — it was 900 delicious calories, full of mayo and grease, and made me nostalgic for road trips with my family. It'll probably be another year or two before I eat another one, so I'm not letting myself regret it. :)
  • ThatMouse
    ThatMouse Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Zero calorie noodles are an epic fail. Never again.

Haha i tried those, they were so rubbery and flavorless it was difficult to even chew them.

i heard they smell fishy. BLECH. no thanks.
    They smell rubbery to me. And taste rubbery. And I thought I prepped them right... Never again.

Found some black bean noodles, though - and as a lovely side-effect, they're really really filling! But they absorb sauce a bit too much for my taste. Leads to some nice flavour combos, though.

but what do they taste like? not noodles i bet.
    They do, actually! They're just really fragile when you're handling them. I love 'em in alfredo sauce.

Also - legit food fail. I forgot my chicken breast for my salad today. ;A;
    My... my protein! My hunger!
  • PinkyFett
    PinkyFett Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    I had 3 pieces of pizza and netted 1000 calories. Not sure how that's a fail?
  • GreenIceFloes
    GreenIceFloes Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
    I used to eat one , EVERY DAY for like 2 weeks .. just moved to Houston and discovered Shipleys donuts aka best donuts ever. So I went cold turkey for a month so today I was like screw it, might be my Friday donut special =)
    You went cold turkey. Never go cold turkey.
  • GreenIceFloes
    GreenIceFloes Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
    I went over my budget by 870 calories the weekend before last. Pizza and beer... Turned to whisky... Turned to shots... Turned to nothing and then a hangover.
    Adjusted it into my calories for the next two weeks though, so it's allll good.
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    I had one of those days that were full of bad choices.

For breakfast, I had 1.5 sausage and cheese kolaches.
    Lunch was 1 maple glazed donut.
    Dinner is about to be a grilled chicken sandwich from Wendy's. And fries.

It's rare that I go over my daily goal, but when I do I go all in.
  • ravenmiss
    ravenmiss Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Only epic food fail is burning it!!

I had breakfast at ikea, a hot dog also at ikea, then home and had a chinese takeaway with some salt and pepper chips and some snacks.

I went over my calorie allowance by approximately 150calories, even with poor estimates for the takeout food I probably ate my TDEE.

Fail? Nope, I am still alive, healthy and happy. I suppose a fail in weightloss sense would be to go 900 calories over every day for 7 days as that would make me gain weight.
  • bomftdrum
    bomftdrum Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    When I mess up it will be due to 2 king size Hershey with almonds.
    My favorite candy bar, I probably fit one in my goal every night.
  • saranne1015
    saranne1015 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    in one sitting a couple weeks ago (that is, right when i first started), i had 12 cheese-filled ravioli, 2 bags of m&ms, 1 bag of white cheddar popcorn, and a pint of cherry garcia. so bad...yet so good...
  • Myfitfutureself
    Myfitfutureself Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Olive Garden, bread sticks.....Alfredo sauce.......Pasta...........I FAIL
  • aserranzana16
    aserranzana16 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Not really fail, since I budgeted for it, but plan on splurging on movie popcorn with EXTRA butter tonight.
  • amberj32
    amberj32 Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    Not really fail, since I budgeted for it, but plan on splurging on movie popcorn with EXTRA butter tonight.

I did that last weekend and the popcorn was good!!
    Today has been an eating out day. 2 tacos from jack in the box for breakfast and a cheeseburger from Farmer Boys for lunch. And I'm going out to dinner but I do have 700 calories left for the day without any exercise. Not a total failure but I don't like eating out that much, too much salt!
  • saranne1015
    saranne1015 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    i don't know if this is weird, and i'm probably just hungry at the moment...but i have a cheat meal once a week, and on the day leading up to it, it is all i can think about. for example, right now, i'm thinking about an enormous burger with bacon, cheddar, and jalapeno, complemented with shoestring fries and a chocolate milkshake...i know i shouldn't reward good dieting and weight loss with a meal that will probably be around 1300 cals, but i'm weak! plus my reasoning is that when i get down to a plateau, i'll make the cheat meal once every two weeks, and so on. anyway...i just needed to confess.
  • Aaron_K123
    Aaron_K123 Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    One time because I was attempting to "diet" I ate celery. Epic fail, waste of up-and-down jaw motion.
  • Forty6and2
    Forty6and2 Posts: 2,492 Member
    Options
    One time because I was attempting to "diet" I ate celery. Epic fail, waste of up-and-down jaw motion.

That **** isn't even good with peanut butter on it...
  • jaychick
    jaychick Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I ate a box of chocolates last night...while watching Extreme Weight Loss...lol

I love this! Sounds like something I would do :)

I think eating is not failing. Eating is the fuel that keeps us alive! We all spurge on different things. Log it, work out, and carry on!