EPIC FOOD FAILS- Indulge today? VENT POST it.

Options

Replies

• Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    Options
    My only epic fails are the days I don't eat enough. I consider donuts to be almost the perfect pre-lifting fuel.
  • sarasteny06
    sarasteny06 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    74lbs???? omg...talk about inspiration, and if donuts are pre lifting fuel then I'll fill up daily =)
    congrats on all your hard work!
    My only epic fails are the days I don't eat enough. I consider donuts to be almost the perfect pre-lifting fuel.
  • OfficeBooty
    OfficeBooty Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    When I mess up it will be due to 2 king size Hershey with almonds.
  • Galatea_Stone
    Galatea_Stone Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    I have two different types of fails.

1. Delicious cocktails before eating dinner. As an example, a couple years ago, I went to a restaurant that had a bartender who made a fantastic bacon bourbon manhattan. I ordered one to sip. I am a lightweight when it comes to drinking. I loved the taste, and it was taking a while to get a table, so I ended up having two. I don't remember what I had for dinner.

2. Trying to make something "clean" or "healthy" by switching out ingredients. Do NOT try this with cannoli. Chia seeds and flax do not belong in a cannoli shell. And tofu does not belong in the filling.
  • williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member
    Options
    Ha, last week I totally destroyed 3/4 of a Domino's thin crust pizza for dinner. YUM (oh, but the salt, so...bloated). Still fit in my calorie goal for the day (sort of pre-planned)--I was a boss at the gym right before dinner--I was famished!
  • Flutterloo
    Flutterloo Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I used to eat one , EVERY DAY for like 2 weeks .. just moved to Houston and discovered Shipleys donuts aka best donuts ever. So I went cold turkey for a month so today I was like screw it, might be my Friday donut special =)
    Two donuts is a fail? Wow, I fail every weekend then, if that's what's considered a fail.

My biggest splurge of the week was Wednesday, when I ate 3 Costco chocolate chunk cookies and an apple cinnamon streusel muffin. Those totaled about 1300 calories, and then you know, I had dinner later.

But then, I managed to stay within my calories that day. Does it still count as a fail? I failed to hit my protein macro because of all the carbs, but hey, it's just one day in the books.
    I am from Houston originally. When my husband left the Army we spent quite a bit of time there. It was his first time there for an extended period of time. He ate Shipley's EVERY MORNING. He was in donut and kolache heaven, lol. I grew up with them so I already knew how disgustingly delicious and addictive they were. Haha.

And my fail has been eating WAY too many chips with my salsa recently. I made fresh salsa and have been finding excuses to eat it at every turn. Often with tortilla chips,lol.
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    Zero calorie noodles are an epic fail. Never again.
  • JeffInJax
    JeffInJax Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Knowing everyone at the office gives me a hard time about healthy eating and i dont believe in forcing anyone to the "light" side, i brought in everyone bacon egg and cheese biscuits this morning and for some reason when i found out a lot of people werent coming in today i had one because i hate wasting money, but i should of just ignored that urge and stayed strong!
  • JeffInJax
    JeffInJax Posts: 232 Member
    Options

Haha i tried those, they were so rubbery and flavorless it was difficult to even chew them.
  • tarcotti
    tarcotti Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Curry and Pad Thai from my favorite Thai take out place! Its hard not eating that twice a month.
  • dmaxma
    dmaxma Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    So timely! I have been cleaning up my diet and then -- last night... went out to dinner with friends. Had wine, burrata cheese, bacon wrapped fish with potato (yum!) and creme brulee. Seriously felt food drunk. Extra workout today!
  • Ohwhynot
    Ohwhynot Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    UUUGGGH. I'm nursing an almost 3 month old so my appetite is UNCONTROLLABLE! I'm trying to reel it back with some protein shakes but no matter how much water I drink or how much protein/fat I eat, I'm always starving! Last night I saved calories to go to CPK and have pizza and lettuce wraps but I was tempted by a strawberry margarita... and thus went over in cals cause I didn't do any cardio yesterday. Oh well. So worth it. :D
  • Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    Options
    74lbs???? omg...talk about inspiration, and if donuts are pre lifting fuel then I'll fill up daily =)
    congrats on all your hard work!

Thank you! Actually got down to the end of my ticker before bulking, and currently recomping on around 3000 calories a day. I'm smack dab in the middle of my weight class and happy here.
  • vjohn04
    vjohn04 Posts: 2,276 Member
    Options
    um, yeah.

No.
  • vjohn04
    vjohn04 Posts: 2,276 Member
    Options

Or pretty much anything from Walden Farms. *gag*

or anything made of cauliflower to be something else.
  • LeanButNotMean44
    LeanButNotMean44 Posts: 852 Member
    Options
    Not today, but 2 days ago...EXTREMELY stressed out and against my good judgement bought a medium size bag of kettlecorn. Told myself I would only eat half (so why not buy the smaller bag, right? Ha ha ha). I pounded that entire bag in about 10 minutes and enjoyed every morsel. Was pretty much within my cals for the day, although my carb macro was WAY high and protein too low.
  • marvybells
    marvybells Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options

Haha i tried those, they were so rubbery and flavorless it was difficult to even chew them.

i heard they smell fishy. BLECH. no thanks.
  • ThatMouse
    ThatMouse Posts: 229 Member
    Options

They smell rubbery to me. And taste rubbery. And I thought I prepped them right... Never again.

Found some black bean noodles, though - and as a lovely side-effect, they're really really filling! But they absorb sauce a bit too much for my taste. Leads to some nice flavour combos, though.
  • marvybells
    marvybells Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options

They smell rubbery to me. And taste rubbery. And I thought I prepped them right... Never again.

Found some black bean noodles, though - and as a lovely side-effect, they're really really filling! But they absorb sauce a bit too much for my taste. Leads to some nice flavour combos, though.

but what do they taste like? not noodles i bet.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    I'm all about the IIFYM method so I eat "indulgences" very frequently and make them fit.

However, I get what you're saying. I didn't have a "fail" today, but last weekend I went on a trip with my husband and ate a lot more than usual. I also got in lots of exercise...but I still wasn't too proud of some of the choices I made!

Probably the kicker for me was Sunday morning...we went for pre-zoo Dunkin Donuts. I had a terrible donut called "spring bouquet" or something like that, and a yummy Bavarian crème. Huge black coffee. We were gonna leave but a huge downpour happened so we just relaxed in the restaurant for a bit and I talked myself into a big ol' toasted coconut donut as well. That was awesome but totally unplanned and over the top, for me.

Stuff like that doesn't really get me down though. The way I see it, my goal is to be thinner in a year than I am right now...but I don't really care if I lose a pound + in a week anymore as long as I don't get larger!