AglaeaC Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    sweet lawed where's my dictionary
    google? :)
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    intellectuals tend to come off as insufferable know-it-alls :laugh:

also many people dont like being challenged to critically think about why/how they do things because they know they either can't explain it or they deep down know the things they do/believe are illogical, unreasonable and counter-productive to what the actual intended results are.

think of it like plato's cave allegory. many people dont want to know they live in the dark and aren't seeing the world as clearly as they could.
  • rumezzo
    rumezzo Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I know that chicks dig nerds.

As long as they look rich in their leased beemers

I'm not really appreciative of the implication here that women are seeking rich above all else. Jeesh. We just ran straight into misogyny with this.

what a weak claim

What was weak about it? He just indicated that "chicks" would dig "nerds" as long as they looked rich. What does that say about his opinion of women? It's a pretty strong, clear claim in my opinion.
  • rumezzo
    rumezzo Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I know that chicks dig nerds.

As long as they look rich in their leased beemers

I'm not really appreciative of the implication here that women are seeking rich above all else. Jeesh. We just ran straight into misogyny with this.
    This is how threads get derailed into pathetic nothingness. People must comment on the car crash and so it evolves into a train wreck. Way to go. Why not just ignore sh1t stirrers like that? I brought up wisdom versus intelligence earlier and sorry to say your move isn't wise in any way.

This thread began in pathetic nothingness. I'm having trouble following your logic because you are referencing something I haven't seen or read, but if you feel me unwise, that is just fine. I just happened to stumble across that comment, found it odious, and called it out. I didn't expect anything else to come of it. I'm shocked that people have taken such offense to it, honestly.