• tuffytuffy1
    tuffytuffy1 Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • dalgirly
    dalgirly Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I think its up to you.

Of course, its not all that good for you to drink excessively constantly, but all about moderation. I am not giving up a beer in the locker room after a really great hockey game, just because I might not lose that one extra pound.
  • wildon883r
    wildon883r Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    A six pack of beer has less calories then a 1/4 lb burger at Wendy's by about 200 calories in fact. Hard liquor has less then 100 calories per shot. What does put on the calories is the food you devour while drinking as you lose your inhibitions to control what you put in your mouth and most favorite drinking food is ultra high carb. My beer snack is sourdough pretzels. You don't seem to need to shovel them in your mouth like a bag of cheeto's or doritos where its easy to eat the entire multi thousand calorie bag. Overeating is how i got to my max weight not simply by enjoying a few beers several times a week.

You can eat and drink and maintain or lose weight depending on your goals. I rarely if ever over eat at meals anymore. I skip the bread and breakfast about 90% of the time. My snacks are almost all protein based. i eat 2 eggs every day 7 days a week. Simple choices make huge differences in a years time. Cutting 100 calories a day in your diet times 365 = 36500 calories. Thats a 10.5 lb reduction of annual weight by that that simple choice.
  • iuew
    iuew Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    In the study, eight people

...and that's where I stopped reading. Being a scientist myself, I can pretty much conclude whatever I want with little dispute from a sample size that small.

yep.

when i was on my diet, i avoided alcohol that had a lot of sugar. stuck to moderate vodka / diet coke consumption.
  • _SpeshK_
    _SpeshK_ Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Wow, very interesting and informative! Thanks for posting!
  • nancycola
    nancycola Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    timely topic with the holiday indulgences.
    i'm considering quitting cold turkey but it's harrrrd.
    however i'm pretty sure i can go without drink until christmas or new year's.
    thanks for this topic. i'll also keep coming back to it.
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options

Thank you :)

Here is my n=1 evidence.

I haven't drank for nearly 3 months. For the last 2 weekends, I've had one big night a week & followed the above guidelines. Stayed the same weight, lost 2mm off abs via accumeasure bf calipers & still setting PR's in the gym.

Drink up :drinker:
  • Painten
    Painten Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    I don't know about studies. I doknow though that i drink a bottle of wine most weekends and the only time i don't lose is when i go over my calories too often in a week. If i stay at or around my goal even with wine i lose weight.
  • loved1
    loved1 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    bumping for the holiday crowd