The "I have stretchmarks, there's no point..." mentality.

Options
13»

Replies

• Arranna1212
    Arranna1212 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Stretch marks aren't disgusting. Pretty sure most people don't go "oh man, look at that person they have stretch marks, gross!" Especially people who have the "left over stretch marks" and they're fit. Just means you seen you had a problem and FIXED IT. Don't worry about it.
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    I think I just need to learn to up my self-esteem and get out of my own head. People DO notice their own flaws more than others... I think I just wanted to vent a little about the matter and get some advice. And advice I got so thanks to everyone who chipped a word in., I appreciate and am taking it all on board. c:

Yes, you do. You're stunning in your photo. I've honestly *never* looked at another person and thought "oh my gosh, look at her stretch marks!". I have them too - boobs, thighs, belly. It's just part of who I am, like my freckles.
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    Make up an awesome backstory. "These are the scars I got rescuing a herd of kittens from the fire at the orphanage"

Accept them and move on. Everyone has scars, stretch marks, various imperfections that they don't like. You can either accept it or wallow in self-pity. The choice is yours and yours alone.