how skinny is sexy?

Options

Replies

• StephanieBurckhard87
    Options
    "The reason I ask is because I want my husband to be happy with me and he doesn't seem very happy with me at 95 lbs...so any advice?"

Or he's just worried about your idea of being sexy, he wants more meat where to grab!!
  • StephanieBurckhard87
    Options
    "The reason I ask is because I want my husband to be happy with me and he doesn't seem very happy with me at 95 lbs...so any advice?"

Find another husband. Be happy because you want to, not for others. That's it. It's not a matter of weight, it's a matter of your self esteem and how good do you feel and how healthy you are.

You do realize she is like verge of death skinny, right? Sub 100 lbs at her height should be in a hospital.

There are like zero males attracted to that, even vaguely. It is downright disgusting.

Do you find walking skeletons attractive?

I don't find it attractive, I wasn't aware of her health disorder. Now that I know, he's just worried, but still, she needs to do it for herself.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I am normal in tampa, it is sad because there are heavy people elsewhere.

I've been to Tampa several times.

annnd?

There are overweight people there, just like elsewhere.
  • debandwes
    debandwes Posts: 1
    Options
    The sexiest weight is the weight you feel your absolute best!
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,899 Member
    Options
    We appear to need a skinny acceptance movement.
  • jigsawxyouth
    jigsawxyouth Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Does it matter what men on here find attractive? Is your husband on here?

He's the one you're married to soooooo ask him if you're seriously going to change yourself to make him happy
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options

No doubt. There is some serious bashing in this thread. :noway:
  • thatjosiegirl
    thatjosiegirl Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    I think I can speak for all men...

We don't find women 5'6" attractive, your husband is lying to you.

Awwww..damn...guess it's time for me to start playing for the other team then. :laugh:
  • waldo56
    waldo56 Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options

Lookin hot.....

anorexia-nervosa.jpg

OP's BMI is 15.3, over 20 lbs underweight for 5'6". Anything less than 15 is considered severe ED level, BMI's of 12-13 will kill you.

The skinny acceptance movement you refer to exists, its called pro-ana.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pro-ana
  • sassyjae21
    sassyjae21 Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    I personally find underweight women to be absolutely repulsive. Serious no schwing zone. Less attractive than morbidly obese even.

Though fit or curvy are the most attractive IMHO, with fit and curvy (dat *kitten*) taking the cake.

I guess I'm repulsive. lol

In the stars, you keep bringing it back to you. I don't think ANYONE here is referring to you. Why do you do that? Just asking....not looking to argue, so, peace, ok?

It's not about me, there are other members that are both thin and fit. Peace. :)

Thin does not necessarily mean underweight. And it's probably as hard to be fit and underweight as it is to be fit and overweight. Neither is impossible, but it's not common.

I am not common. Sad, but I'm the normal one here.

I don't know what you mean. You are the normal one where? And why is it sad?

pssst....quit while you're ahead.....

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • rumezzo
    rumezzo Posts: 42 Member
    Options

I don't think skinny acceptance is the topic at hand. I think it's legitimate concern about someone who appears to be both physically and mentally unhealthy.
  • rumezzo
    rumezzo Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I wonder if there is a way to stage a MyFitnessPal intervention. Can a user's account be cancelled when she is clearly using MFP to slowly kill herself via eating disorder? I'm actually not kidding. I actually thinking this forum might be enabling the original poster in her illness.

If you read any of the clean eating threads, it consistently comes up that there is the potential for developing Orthorexia nervosa. As a clean eater, I find this to be fear mongering especially when it comes up on the forums almost daily that someone is basically abusing the calorie tracker on MFP to lose an unhealthy amount of weight. MFP provides the tool but how it is used is up to the member. Only a very small segment of the MFP community use the forums so at best only a very, very small number of members abusing the calorie tracker are caught. MFP does cancel their accounts but nothing stops them from creating a new account and staying under the radar to continue with what they are doing. This is a major flaw to calorie counting in that the method does support eating disorders. That being said it is virtually impossible for MFP or any other site to stop a member from abusing the calorie counting tool. Even if they could, there are oodles of stand alone free/paid apps and software to achieve the same goal. Sadly, these folks will continue along that path of self-destruction until such time they seek help themselves or are forced to.

I agree with you. Obviously, cancelling an account on a free app just means someone could create a new one with different info. I admit my o/p was written somewhat hastily in horror. I have found MFP to be such a helpful, supportive environment as I connected with people I know on here and we encouraged each other. Just recently I began to explore the forums and have found some lovely conversations about running and other things. When I saw this, I wanted to cancel my account. It made me feel physically ill to read such unhealthy writing, and to see the helplessness of others trying to throw up red flags left and right, that we know will be ignored.
  • aniazawadzki
    Options
    Thank you all for your responses, I didn't mean to start arguments though :/ you have been very supportive and health is the most important I know that, I just wasn't sure how someone can be healthy skinny and sexy or if a little weight was better? I don't mean anorexic skinny because I know it's not. Today I went to subway with my husband and ordered a foot long meatball sandwich and the lady who was making my sandwich kept making comments like you can't be serious you can't eat this it's too big for you and kept asking if this was my husbands sandwich. Comments like that are hurtful because I don't want to be judged I just want to enjoy my meals with my husband
  • SunofaBeach14
    Options

I don't think skinny acceptance is the topic at hand. I think it's legitimate concern about someone who appears to be both physically and mentally unhealthy.

Is that your professional internet opinion?
  • SunofaBeach14
    Options
    I wonder if there is a way to stage a MyFitnessPal intervention. Can a user's account be cancelled when she is clearly using MFP to slowly kill herself via eating disorder? I'm actually not kidding. I actually thinking this forum might be enabling the original poster in her illness.

If you read any of the clean eating threads, it consistently comes up that there is the potential for developing Orthorexia nervosa. As a clean eater, I find this to be fear mongering especially when it comes up on the forums almost daily that someone is basically abusing the calorie tracker on MFP to lose an unhealthy amount of weight. MFP provides the tool but how it is used is up to the member. Only a very small segment of the MFP community use the forums so at best only a very, very small number of members abusing the calorie tracker are caught. MFP does cancel their accounts but nothing stops them from creating a new account and staying under the radar to continue with what they are doing. This is a major flaw to calorie counting in that the method does support eating disorders. That being said it is virtually impossible for MFP or any other site to stop a member from abusing the calorie counting tool. Even if they could, there are oodles of stand alone free/paid apps and software to achieve the same goal. Sadly, these folks will continue along that path of self-destruction until such time they seek help themselves or are forced to.

I agree with you. Obviously, cancelling an account on a free app just means someone could create a new one with different info. I admit my o/p was written somewhat hastily in horror. I have found MFP to be such a helpful, supportive environment as I connected with people I know on here and we encouraged each other. Just recently I began to explore the forums and have found some lovely conversations about running and other things. When I saw this, I wanted to cancel my account. It made me feel physically ill to read such unhealthy writing, and to see the helplessness of others trying to throw up red flags left and right, that we know will be ignored.

There's a difference between a genuine desire to help someone (which takes reading what they say, asking questions, and giving feedback), and making catty remarks and jumping to conclusions. In my honest opinion, the group on here that receives the worst treatment is the skinny ones. I don't know whether it's everyone's internal struggles with weight being projected on them or what, but it gets old after a while. We'll have endless debates about "fat shaming" and "fat acceptance" (with earnest arguments that we should all love ourselves no matter what), but the minute a thin girl/woman gets on here, the internet diagnoses of ANA and anorexia begin in earnest. I'm pretty sure that jumping to conclusions is the only exercise many posters get.
  • aniazawadzki
    Options

There's a difference between a genuine desire to help someone (which takes reading what they say, asking questions, and giving feedback), and making catty remarks and jumping to conclusions. In my honest opinion, the group on here that receives the worst treatment is the skinny ones. I don't know whether it's everyone's internal struggles with weight being projected on them or what, but it gets old after a while. We'll have endless debates about "fat shaming" and "fat acceptance" (with earnest arguments that we should all love ourselves no matter what), but the minute a thin girl/woman gets on here, the internet diagnoses of ANA and anorexia begin in earnest. I'm pretty sure that jumping to conclusions is the only exercise many posters get.

I didn't mean to start a debate I just wanted to hear opinions because I have talked to my hubby about what he likes and he said between 140 and 160 lbs and I just wasn't sure if it's because he just wants me to gain and not telling me honestly what he likes. And I hear so many different things from different people. One girl the other day asked me what my servery was to lose weight and I told her it's an illness and that she looks great and not to worry about her weight she smiled really big and thanked me and walked off with confidence and I felt jealous because I want to be healthy and confident and not live life counting and worrying.
  • SunofaBeach14
    Options

I didn't mean to start a debate I just wanted to hear opinions because I have talked to my hubby about what he likes and he said between 140 and 160 lbs and I just wasn't sure if it's because he just wants me to gain and not telling me honestly what he likes. And I hear so many different things from different people. One girl the other day asked me what my servery was to lose weight and I told her it's an illness and that she looks great and not to worry about her weight she smiled really big and thanked me and walked off with confidence and I felt jealous because I want to be healthy and confident and not live life counting and worrying.

We do not all agree on what we find attractive. Make you and your husband happy, no one else matters.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options

talk to a professional and aim for a healthy weight range, probably 115-150 for your height
  • aniazawadzki
    Options

We do not all agree on what we find attractive. Make you and your husband happy, no one else matters.
    Thank you :)
  • jmv7117
    jmv7117 Posts: 891 Member
    Options

Healthy weight loss is great if needed. Being healthy is sexy. After reading these posts being happy is sexy. Abs or no abs it doesn't matter, all smiles are beautiful and pleasant whereas looking drained and worried all the time is not sexy. Happiness is strength and encouraging to others.

Technically, weight loss is not needed if you are already in your healthy weight range. For example, I was already in my healthy weight range so did not need to lose weight but chose to lose enough to get to ideal weight as part of my fitness plan. If someone is outside of their healthy weight range they then need to either lose or gain to get within that healthy weight range. In your case, you need to gain to get within your healthy weight range.

Weigh is not just about looks. When you lost the weight you did, you also lost muscle. Your heart is a muscle so it has been negatively affected by your weight loss. Being as underweight as what you are is putting additional strain on your heart which is already compromised from losing the weight. I urge you to talk to your doctor immediately and follow his or her advice.

PS. Sexy is a state of mind.