how skinny is sexy?

Options

Replies

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    95 pounds for 5'6" is definitely not sexy, but by now, you know that. Asking the same thing 10 different times is not going to get you the answer you're looking for. Get help.
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,899 Member
    Options
    95 pounds for 5'6" is definitely not sexy, but by now, you know that. Asking the same thing 10 different times is not going to get you the answer you're looking for. Get help.

stones and glass houses
  • in_the_stars
    in_the_stars Posts: 1,395 Member
    Options

What about 5'2 and 99? hmmm?
  • Francl27
    Options

What about 5'2 and 99? hmmm?

Just fine :laugh:
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options
    At 5'6" and 95 lbs, you are SIGNIFICANTLY underweight. I am 5'3" and my lowest weight was 97 and I was very thin so I can only imagine how thin you are being 3 inches taller than me.

An appropriate weight for someone who is 5'6" is between 115-150 lbs.
  • sunfastrose
    sunfastrose Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Your post sounds similar to several that have been posted. Your husband doesn't want you to weigh 95lbs...you want to lose more weight (or at least maintain 95lbs). Maybe he wants to have a baby...you not so much...

Just saying...

Yeah, thought this poster sounded familiar. Guess what? I'm sure your husband wants you to be sexy (to him) but he most likely wants you to be healthy and alive for the long term as the primary goal. You are severely underweight. If you are the same poster as before, you were diagnosed by doctors as anorexic. You will not find knowing support on these boards for what you are doing. Get help.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    So today's society confuses me. There are girls who are super skinny that men find attractive, but then there are women who are curvy and a little 'chubby' that is attractive. So what would the ideal sexy weight be for a woman of 5'6"? The reason I ask is because I want my husband to be happy with me and he doesn't seem very happy with me at 95 lbs...so any advice?
    How about not dangerously thin?

As with EVERY other thread you've started about your serious issue: your husband is probably worried about your BMI of 15.3. He's probably worried about how much weight you lost and the eating disorder that resulted. I doubt this is really about "sexiness".

signed: 5'6" 135
  • JCLondonUK
    JCLondonUK Posts: 159
    Options
    I think I can speak for all men...

We don't find women 5'6" attractive, your husband is lying to you.

I have never been so glad to be 5'5" :laugh:
    Just treat life like the squat rack. Stay on your heels and don't get up on your toes...

Unless you're wearing one inch heels, in which case take your shoes off quick, or resign yourself to celibacy and get thee to a nunnery
  • oldmantoo
    oldmantoo Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    You don't say whether he finds you to thin or fat. It would seem to me at that weight you are on the too thin side. I certainly do not see where you would need to lose anymore weight.
  • aniazawadzki
    Options
    So today's society confuses me. There are girls who are super skinny that men find attractive, but then there are women who are curvy and a little 'chubby' that is attractive. So what would the ideal sexy weight be for a woman of 5'6"? The reason I ask is because I want my husband to be happy with me and he doesn't seem very happy with me at 95 lbs...so any advice?

As with EVERY other thread you've started about your serious issue: your husband is probably worried about your BMI of 15.3. He's probably worried about how much weight you lost and the eating disorder that resulted. I doubt this is really about "sexiness".

May I ask what threads I have written?
  • bloodyhonest
    bloodyhonest Posts: 196 Member
    Options

No, just be flattered that you have a stalker.
  • Francl27
    Options

No, just be flattered that you have a stalker.

No need to stalk her, she's posted one or two threads a day asking the same things over and over.
  • shmerek
    shmerek Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    bewbs
  • sloth3toes
    sloth3toes Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
    Just break up.
  • confetticupcake
    Options
    5'6" & 95 lbs is almost emaciated. Do you even menstruate regularly anymore? I bet you are cold a lot of the time, have thinning hair, dry skin, feel out of it a lot. All signs of being malnourished and not weighing enough. Being too skinny is not sexy. Gaunt face, no boobs, no butt, feeling weak/sick/hungry all the time, etc. Being a healthy weight is sexy. Ability to smile, live in the present, enjoy life, and feeling healthy & strong.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options

seriously. 5' 6" is the least attractive height ever.
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    I have been sexy at all my adult weights. From 130 to 190.

ETA: If this isn't a troll, your husband might be genuinely concerned about you. I hope he's expressing that in terms of health and not your appearance.
  • tiptoethruthetulips
    tiptoethruthetulips Posts: 3,365 Member
    Options
    BMI of 15 isn't sexy at all, it's severely underweight. But I imagine your husband is more concerned for your health and well being.
  • tinkbaby101
    tinkbaby101 Posts: 180 Member
    Options

This. I had to resort to wearing heels all the time to trick my husband into marrying me. It's awkward in the shower but that's the price of being 5'6".

I wore 1" heels once, that made me 5'6". My husband suggested divorce. :sad: Thankfully, I was able to take them off and regain his affections. :smooched:
  • goldthistime
    goldthistime Posts: 3,214 Member
    Options

I'm 5'51/2". I was once, for the briefest moment of time, back in my late teens, under 100 lbs. Scary skinny. Not sexy. Even I saw that when I looked in the mirror. 95 lbs is shockingly low. Please tell me that you are looking to gain some weight, regardless of what your husband thinks. I am currently 148, aiming for 135. But I'm 53. If I were you I would aim for 120 initially, but switch from cardio to heavy lifting. If anything will make you feel sexy, that will.