Game of Thrones - I Need Therapy - Spoiler Alert

Options

Replies

• redversustheblue
    redversustheblue Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    I haven't seen the episode yet, but I know what's happening. I'm SO excited, but also so sad about the death.
  • jlapey
    jlapey Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    While reading the books, in my head that was not Oberyn's voice, so all I kept thinking was...
    My-name-is-Inigo-Montoya-You-killed-my-father-Prepare-to-die_zps22e46664.jpg

OMG I was the same!!! hahahaha.

Me too! LOL
  • fr053n
    fr053n Posts: 2,793 Member
    Options
    I'm just worried about Tyrion now. I haven't read the books
  • ActiveGuy81
    ActiveGuy81 Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    How it went down in the book.

“Elia of Dorne,” they all heard Ser Gregor say, when they were close enough to kiss. His deep voice boomed within the helm. “I killed her screaming whelp.” He thrust his free hand into Oberyn’s unprotected face, pushing steel fingers into his eyes. “Then I raped her.” Clegane slammed his fist into the Dornishman’s mouth, making splinters of his teeth. “Then I smashed her ****ing head in. Like this.” As he drew back his huge fist, the blood on his gauntlet seemed to smoke in the cold dawn air. There was a sickening crunch. Ellaria Sand wailed in terror, and Tyrion’s breakfast came boiling back up. He found himself on his knees retching bacon and sausage and applecakes, and that double helping of fried eggs cooked up with onions and fiery Dornish peppers.
  • conqueringsquidlette
    conqueringsquidlette Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    I made this for facebook..... but I'll just leave it here too.

10403288_10154207992375114_196752495115975373_n.jpg
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    We will see if this works as I am on mobile.

e6WgISE.jpg
  • SapiensPisces
    SapiensPisces Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    It was rough to watch even though I knew it was coming. Sometimes that show can be a bit emotional.
  • AddieOverhaul
    AddieOverhaul Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    I was watching on my laptop and had to put my hands over the screen for that part. Way too gory for me to watch - but I love the show and will keep watching.

I've read books 1-3 and the first half of 4 - but it was quite a while ago and it's got to the point where I don't remember what happens next. i can't decide if i want to go home and binge read or just watch the show and read it later.
  • shmerek
    shmerek Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    I knew he was going to die but i was sad all the same, such an awesome character.
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    I can't wait to see how they portray my favorite chapter so far, the one where Dany rides in on the dragon and burns down half the red keep, allowing Tyrion to escape in the chaos and killing off all the other Lannisters in one scene. Plus Dany getting shot off the dragon. I wonder if she survives. What a cliffhanger! Man that is totally gonna blow peoples' minds when they watch that because who would have seen that coming!
  • kikityme
    kikityme Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    I can't wait to see how they portray my favorite chapter so far, the one where Dany rides in on the dragon and burns down half the red keep, allowing Tyrion to escape in the chaos and killing off all the other Lannisters in one scene. Plus Dany getting shot off the dragon. I wonder if she survives. What a cliffhanger! Man that is totally gonna blow peoples' minds when they watch that because who would have seen that coming!

liar_zps82a93ee7.gif

LOLZ!
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    I knew it was gonna happen. Damn him.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    this is what I mean, since you read the book and already knew what would happen, did you really need to see it? also could not the point have been inferred?

I just don't know what happened to withheld image in storytelling and film. Sometimes does it not seem gratuitous, or just for shock value as hinted above? Does that ever just turn you off to a show? To me it often does.

I'm just wondering if any of you think withheld image would have been a better tool in this scene?

Since YOU read the book and knew it would happen... A lot of us haven't read the books so that point is a bit moot. The majority of the viewers haven't, I'm sure. But it was a little gratuitous. They could have done it from another angle and then shown the aftermath (like they did at the end). I wasn't surprised at what they showed as it fits pretty well with the show, but I totally covered my eyes.
  • Agatefairy
    Agatefairy Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    While reading the books, in my head that was not Oberyn's voice, so all I kept thinking was...
    My-name-is-Inigo-Montoya-You-killed-my-father-Prepare-to-die_zps22e46664.jpg

HA HA!! I thought I was thee only one. It's been killing me. Thank you!
  • sugarlemonpie
    sugarlemonpie Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Saw that coming because I have read the books, but it was more disturbing to see on TV than to read it!

Some neat storylines coming up though. :) Want to see the Sand Snakes.
  • Nikkisfitblog
    Nikkisfitblog Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    As a book reader I knew it was coming. But seeing it...ouch.

I think Martin would just name a character after you, make them really likable and then kill them as revenge for that bill.

Love the Jaime/Tyrion interaction! Jaime Lannister is one of my favourite characters....I know, me bad. But he rocks. Sansa can do a running jump as far as I am concerned though.

Sansa is freaking useless. And not nearly as clever as she is in the show!

And lol at all the ppl that feel sorry for Tyrion.... But where do the *kitten* go Tyrion?
  • kota4bye
    kota4bye Posts: 809 Member
    Options
    Some of you sound like you'd be better off watching something from CW or Disney Family.

HBO is doing a fantastic job with this series, I love that the violence, sex, and gore are carried over from the books.

Can't wait to see the Mountain suffering from his wounds!
  • LilMissRaptr
    LilMissRaptr Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    tumblr_n6mo1qQ62l1rao68ao1_400.png
  • conqueringsquidlette
    Options
    Did you ever see the Knights of Badassdom? There's a very good reason why Tyrion is always clamoring for his trial by combat....

10366313_10154183073870114_8810596241722977407_n.jpg
  • conqueringsquidlette
    Options
    As a book reader I knew it was coming. But seeing it...ouch.

I think Martin would just name a character after you, make them really likable and then kill them as revenge for that bill.

Love the Jaime/Tyrion interaction! Jaime Lannister is one of my favourite characters....I know, me bad. But he rocks. Sansa can do a running jump as far as I am concerned though.

Sansa is freaking useless. And not nearly as clever as she is in the show!

And lol at all the ppl that feel sorry for Tyrion.... But where do the *kitten* go Tyrion?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6bhcHDskW-4