Lose 5 pounds a month November 2010 CHALLENGE

Options

Replies

• WarmDontBurn
    WarmDontBurn Posts: 1,253 Member
    Options
    I failed miserably in October and late starting into November but let's do this!!

I will weigh in tomorrow "offically" but if I had to wager a guess at my weight it would be between 142 and 144lbs :( I was down to 138 before it all went way wrong.
  • timbotina
    timbotina Posts: 1,130 Member
    Options
    Well, a little stressed, my mom has to have a heart cath tomorrow after her stress test came back "abnormal"... (I just lost my dad this past New Years Eve) so....PLEASE!!! Keep her in your thoughts tomorrow!!
  • RushinBruisette
    RushinBruisette Posts: 2,109 Member
    Options
    Tina, you know your in my thoughts. *hugs*

Oh my God, please let this past month be a horrible dream! I don't know how much more we can take. We laid Nick's Grandma to rest Saturday, here it is Monday and we now have to do the same for Nick's Grandpa this weekend. He was in ICU when his kidneys failed. Please keep us in your thoughts. I don't know how much more we can take. I'm at a loss of words.
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    Bru I am so sorry. I hope this tragic streak you are enduring is finally over. You deserve some happiness for a change. YOu are in my thoughts. Many hugs to you. :flowerforyou:
  • WarmDontBurn
    Options
    It wasn't as bad as I thought :)

Starting November weight
    Nov. 09 - 140.4lbs
  • Jennplus2
    Jennplus2 Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    Updated my picture, not the best pic but you can see my new hair cut. :wink:

Ok, so I am trying really hard to stay on track food wise. I was under 1200 calories last night, oops. I wanted to start the 30day shred yesterday but somehow I had forgotten all about it by the time I got home. ARG!
    Today is a new day...
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    Updated my picture, not the best pic but you can see my new hair cut. :wink:

Ok, so I am trying really hard to stay on track food wise. I was under 1200 calories last night, oops. I wanted to start the 30day shred yesterday but somehow I had forgotten all about it by the time I got home. ARG!
    Today is a new day...
    Love the new picture Jenn. cute hair.

I updated my pic too. I have a slightly more human appearance but I probably won't keep it for long.
  • bekylouisex3
    bekylouisex3 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Weighed in at 140 today..but TOM is here so going to blame that for my bloating :grumble:
  • WarmDontBurn
    Options
    I just wanted to post my progress just kind of for myself so I can see that what I have been doing does work and that I NEED to get back on track.

Aug.1 - 157
    Aug. 8 - 154.3
    Aug. 15 - 153.2
    Aug.22 - 151.7
    Aug. 27 - 147.5

9.5lb loss

Sept.1 - 147.5
    Sept. 6 - 145.5
    Sept. 13 - 144.8
    Sept. 18 - 142.4
    Sept. 26 – 142

5.5lb loss

Oct. 2 - 140.9
    Oct.25 - 142lbs

1.1lb GAIN which I guess isn't so bad with my craptastic eating! I am actually shocked that I have lost anything! I will weigh again tomorrow just to confirm since I cannot even imagine how I weigh less today then I did on Oct.2nd. The Halloween candy won and it won hard!

Nov. 09 - 140.4
  • TCASMEY
    TCASMEY Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    WOW!

Just catching up on the posts. I am deeply sad for those who have suffered loss will you include you and your loved ones in my prayers. Even as we celebrate the lives of those we love we know they will be deeply missed by family and friends.

I have been crazy busy the last few days besides not feeling well ( cold/sinus something or another). Our swim club hosted Open meet. Over 500 swIimmers swam at some time during the 2 day event. I was there all Saturday and Sunday afternoon. I worked the concession stand Sunday I know I logged a lot of miles. I worked until it was time for my one of my daughters events and then I would walk down to the pool and watch and then go back and work concessions. I was very tired by the time we got home. Some parents were there all day both days. Fun weekend just did not get much done around the house.

I need to get the house cleaned in laws show-up on the 20th for the whole week of Thanksgiving. 5 extra people every meal for a week, plus houseful for Thanksgiving Dinner. I am serving a traditional meal, calories and all. Hope to eat healthy but may find it hard.

I also am trying to finish a baby quilt for one of my nieces baby shower on the 20th. Actually need it done and in the mail to be to her house by the 20th.

I am doing something for myself this month. I am getting a perm on the 20th. I usually don't splurge on myself so this will be fun. And Saturday my daughter and I are going to do some clothes/Christmas shopping at the Mall of America on Saturday morning. That should be fun.

Take care of yourselves. This seems to be the time of year when the stress and the hectic schedules take a toll on our immune systems. Be healthy.

Terri
  • kalmf
    kalmf Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Very cute picture Jenn! Teri - OMG - 5 extra for an entire week? That sounds like having your brain permed!
  • debbiepringle
    debbiepringle Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    week 1: 2.4 lbs down.
  • Jenn421
    Options
    I'm all in i have already lost 5 pounds since i started this at the begining of the months so i would love and try to lose the rest of it my goal is 45 pounds in total but im going to try 10 pounds a month. hope i can do it! wish luck to everyone else aslo
  • Alioth
    Alioth Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Hey guys! This has been a disappointing month for me so far:
    Nov 1: 146
    Nov 10: 145.5
    I was slacking off for sure! Short workouts on the elliptical aren't cutting it. I'm back to running on the treadmill and lifting weights. I'm starting to get a little more muscle definition in my arms, which is encouraging. I suspect I might have shrunk, so this weekend I'll measure myself. Have a great week everyone!
  • dawn_eichert
    dawn_eichert Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    I am here for my check in and while the scale shows no change from the 1st in actuality it did a huge change because I went up almost 3 and now I am back down to the start of the month so I will take it. I have finally decided to break my cycle of blah and get myself back into gear. I will be successful as there is no other option for me (yes I am a perfectionist)

11/1 - 178
    11/10 - 178

I will get back to my water, tracking, exercise and good choices. The last two days have been good and it is showing by undoing the damage I had done. Now to keep it up.
  • AmandaB4588
    Options
    Cute pic, Jenn! Your hair looks great!
  • marniehodges
    Options
    Oh my gosh! Lost 5 lbs in 1 week! I simply can not believe it. I will keep checking in here though-this challenge really helped to motivate me. Thanks for that :happy:
  • skdk833
    skdk833 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I really wanted to post. This is my first challenge and while the weight came off the first week, not seeing a good week right now. My son has had pneumonia for 2 weeks now, but was just diagnosed on Saturday. The stress has been hard on me, and I totally admit to being a stress eater. In the "good" world, I would have come here, posted and got support. In my "overweight" world, I nibbled and used my time reading useless stuff. I am really hoping that I can get the "challenge mentality and support" down soon. I promise to be reading back and catching up. Hope everyone is doing great.
  • dmgaloha
    dmgaloha Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I lasted about two days off sugar. I'm starting to think I need professional help. :blushing:
    Seriously, I'm in some kind of denial, and always seem to have a ready excuse, or it's like I'm doing the opposite of what I should be doing to spite - who? me? Seems silly when I'm the one who suffers. I guess I need to work on "progress, not perfection"... When I'm not perfect, I fall HARD. I can't seem to break out of my current weight. I lose a few pounds, and gain them back. Does anyone have any advice on fixing your "mind"?

Bru - congrats on hitting ONE-derland and on that size 12 dress shopping trip! :drinker: Sorry to hear about Nick's grandpa. So much for the relaxing trip to the Ozarks??

Jenn - I should bundle up for the cold and get walking at lunch again. I have really slacked off without a walking buddy.

55 - so sorry about your cousin! That's devastating! You'll probably be surprised at how your 3 year old will react. I know my daughter surprised me with her concepts of heaven.

Kelly - great work getting off that cruise weight. So rare to hear of someone who needs to eat MORE to lose weight... CJ sounds very supportive! Lucky you!

Timbotina - glad you found us. Hope your mom is ok.

Phyljen - sorry about your mother in law.

Karin - sorry about the tough times in your family too. I think it comes in waves sometimes. Here's to hoping we all have happier times ahead.

Amanda - ah yes, the weekends... do you exercise on the weekends? sometimes exercising gets me in the right frame of mind... When you find something that works, be sure to share!

Terri - good luck with all your houseguests! Be sure to keep up with your exercise to help ward off the stress.

Welcome to our new 5lb friends!
  • nessii
    nessii Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm new to this but i'm in anyway i want to weigh 126 lbs by xmas :)
    This is my first post and my first challenge. I think i'm a little late but will post none the less.
    When is the date our final weigh in is ?

My starting weight 131 lbs
    How do i join this ? or do i just post at the end of the weeks if i lost the weight ?

:smile: