November No Late Night Snacking

Options
The challenge continues! (to challenge us). If you're mad about snacking late at night, in particular on chips, popcorn and M&Ms, join us in the struggle to defeat this habit and change it to: "No more late night snacking!" Take either dinner or a cut-off time to be the last time you eat for the day, after which tea and water only drinker. Then stick to it! and most importantly, stick to us, so that you get over slip-offs. Be certain that you can do it!

Join at ANY time, with each of us individually tallying daily for a grand total at the end of month. Don't give up. One night of non-success does not scrap you for the week or the month. Make a goal, and if you overcoming one extra night a week or month of success, then you are a winner!

Can't wait to see you on here. We'd love to have your support.

Replies

• myrbg
    myrbg Posts: 93
    Options
    this is definitely going to be a tough one, but i'm in!!
  • myrbg
    myrbg Posts: 93
    Options
    and good luck to everyone! we can do this =]
  • Kristy1214
    Options
    Sounds like a great challenge! Count me in!
  • MOJOFitChick
    MOJOFitChick Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Just made that commitment last night at midnight when I reached for my nightstand and the baggie of goodies was gone. I declared "no more" and committed to starting P90X. It's a new day, a new start!
  • AnneElise
    AnneElise Posts: 4,221 Member
    Options
    I am going to join this. I like the idea! I am going to not snack after dinner!
  • soze
    soze Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    I had to commit to this when I started. The second day of my journey I realized I had an issue. I mean my stomach groaned, growled, and was in complete turmoil. So what I do know is I add a healthy snack just in case I feel the pangs. For instance last night when I completed my meal plan I added some red seedless grapes just in case. Then later I could eat the grapes guilt free.
  • mixmistress508
    Options
    No more late night snacking! I am an evening grazer and need to stop. I am in.

Let's do it!

Good luck everyone!
  • shannahrose
    shannahrose Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    I am IN! this is by far my biggest downfall. I'm kind of an early dinner eater, so I'll say no snacking after 7PM. good luck everyone!!
  • lulabellewoowoo
    lulabellewoowoo Posts: 3,125 Member
    Options
    Even though my husband isn't "dieting", I'm trying to get him to do this challenge with me this month to help us both and maybe even the kids.

The way I do it is my cut-off is 7:30 and I set my alarm on my watch or phone for 7:15 for remind myself. I allow myself two nights a week to have the cutoff at 9 p.m. due to unforeseen circumstances or time out with friends. I try and average 75% or about 21 days success. Last month, I was successful with my resolve 71%. So I'm trying for 72% this month at least.

If you'd like, post like this

ME 0/LNS (late night snacks) 0 and just change the numbers day to day.

It's great to have so much support. It is called a "challenge" for a reason. But don't give up. Every day is a new success.
  • loveme445
    loveme445 Posts: 2,439 Member
    Options
    Well, I ended last month Me: 22 ~ LNS:8 (I started Oct 2). So this month I want to beat LNS at least 23 days. My cut-off time is 8 pm.

Welcome Everyone and Good Luck! :flowerforyou:
  • lulabellewoowoo
    Options
    Well, here goes

1 ME/ 0 LNS

The alarm went off and my husband and I still had ice cream in front of us and my glass of wine, his bottle of beer. The ice cream wasn't so bad with the wine in those last 15 minutes, so beer? Hmmm. This is definitely a mind set as he was trying to deal and bargain for just one more bowl of ice cream. But we did it.
  • shannahrose
    shannahrose Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    went over by a few cals yesterday, but ate good foods. nothing passed my lips after 7PM!

ME 1/ LNS 0

:D
  • gabbygirl37_2001
    gabbygirl37_2001 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    ok....Im in. I eat the majority of my calories at night...so this is perfect for me! How do we check in again? and how often?
    :flowerforyou:
  • MontanaB
    MontanaB Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    im in!

ok so last night i was at work from 5.30-11.30 so i didnt get my break til 8pm..but my curfew will be at 8.30 to allow for these shifts

Me - 1 LNS - 0

i can do this!!
  • loveme445
    Options
    Me: 1 ~ LNS: 0

GREAT WAY TO START OFF THE MONTH LADIES! Keep It up!
  • lulabellewoowoo
    Options
    ok....Im in. I eat the majority of my calories at night...so this is perfect for me! How do we check in again? and how often?
    :flowerforyou:

I check in every morning when I put in my first food. Simply keep a tally each day.

For example:

To account for last night, it looks like this...

Me 1/LNS (late night snacks) 0

Each morning is a new day with a new resolve. We are happy to have you.
  • dewdrop
    dewdrop Posts: 1,715 Member
    Options
    May I join, too? :wink:

OK, so it looks like we're beginning to have some sort of schedule in the evening, so I kinda have little excuse for committing to just "1hr before bed". Which usually is at least 2hrs, but I'm still unhappy. So, ideally, I would get back to a cut-off time. 9 seems decent for a start (though I'd rather not eat past 8). That should make me get to bed earlier, too :wink:.

Lorna, thanks so much for consistency :flowerforyou:. Where would this challenge be if you hadn't had the will to restart it each month?

Good luck everyone :drinker: and old buddies, get back in here! :wink:.
  • ashleyy0608
    Options
    I would love to join too! This is going to be really hard for me so I'm going to start with 8 PM and allow 10 PM for 2 nights of the week because I take an evening class. This is a great thread- I think it will help me a lot. =]
  • lulabellewoowoo
    Options
    2 ME/ 0 LNS

Hubby is 1 at least. I went to bed before him last night, so I'm not sure how he did. Did the elections make him nervous? He says it was his Superbowl.
  • loveme445
    Options
    Me: 1 ~ LNS: 1

Not a good night for me. Was craving a piece of candy but didnt have any so I was eating what was in sight :grumble: Tomorrow will be a better day.