November No Late Night Snacking

Options

Replies

• shannahrose
    shannahrose Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    had dinner at 7:45 last night, which is later than usual, but didn't eat anything after dinner. so that's a success, right?

ME: 2
    LNS: 0

keep it up!
  • pines2palms
    Options
    YES! On November 1st, I said to myself that my November goal was no late night snacks. My husband works all day, and when he gets home, we have dinner, spend time with our 3 little ones, and then finally have some time to ourselves after they are in bed-which USUALLY consists of sitting on the couch with some popcorn (or something worse!) while watching TV. I have found that on days when I do REALLY good and treat myself to a LNS, the scale shows it in the morning. So, I am comitting! I am not sure if I am supposed to log the number of days that I have had this goal, or just since I joined this group. So, I have hads the goal for 2 nights, and had one late night snack..."date night" disaster...
  • lulabellewoowoo
    lulabellewoowoo Posts: 3,125 Member
    Options
    3 ME/ 0 LNS
    3 DH/0 LNS

Well my wonderful hubby actually did not eat after I went to bed on Tuesday night. He was even proud of himself the day before. Last night we went out to dinner with family, and he was like "we have to hurry up and eat before 7:30". I told him to make this one of his 9 p.m. nights and sure enough, 9 p.m., he was done. So for tonight back to 7:30.
  • Zuznana
    Zuznana Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Brilliant idea. I have failed miserably last night as I couldn't sleep and was up till about 1.30 am. We had dinner at 6pm so that was quite a long time and I had the worse thing possible. Pork crackling. About 50 g of it...now I feel yuck and ashamed, lol.

the problem I have is I snack at night, because I can't sleep and I also overeat like crazy...so much until I feel stuff and can't physically eat anymore....but even that won't stop me. Not doing it all the time though, but enough to feel youck and tired...well not any more obviously, but I'm worried that old habits will creep up. So this is brilliant, as I always do things better around same minded people. Good luck everyone, I'm sure we can do it.

me: 0
    LNS : 1:sad:
  • dewdrop
    dewdrop Posts: 1,715 Member
    Options
    I still haven't started :angry: .
  • shannahrose
    Options
    later dinner again last night, but no snacking after dinner! :D

ME 3
    LNS 0
  • loveme445
    loveme445 Posts: 2,439 Member
    Options
    Me: 2 ~ LNS: 1

I still haven't started :angry: .

Come on Dew, you can do it! :smile:
  • pines2palms
    Options
    ME-4
    LNS-1

...but there is popcorn in the house tonight. Will I have the will to resist?!
  • lulabellewoowoo
    lulabellewoowoo Posts: 3,125 Member
    Options
    4 ME/ 0 LNS
    4 DH/0 LNS

Well, my hubby made homemade pizza for himself, but didn't get to really eat any because we had a meeting at 7:30. When we came home, he packed it up and put it away without even taking a bite. WOW! I'm seriously impressed with his support on this. It's awesome. having an in-person "buddy", in additional to all the wonderful support I receive from all of you. So thank you all for joining us this month and helping me out.

Tonight is a 9 pm cutoff as dinner isn't until 7:30. Then to be good all weekend. :blushing:
  • shannahrose
    Options
    ME 4
    LNS 0
  • YogaAli
    Options
    I can't sleep and feel I need to eat something to fall asleep too sometimes. For the last couple of nights I have been drinking hot water. It seems to be tricking my body. I am always down in the morning if I don't eat at night (so far since I am at the beginning of a diet where the weight just drops and drops).
  • gillleeman
    gillleeman Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    Hope you don't mind me joining in. I've ruined many a days calorie allowance by grazing in the evenings. I have been particularly bad for the last two weeks so it will be great to join this challenge. So far for November I have gone over my allowance every day so today I am ME 0/LNS 4.

My cut off time will be 8pm. We eat tea (I live in the UK) early (about 4.30-5.00), so I plan to save my dessert and eat that by 8pm each evening, and stay within my calorie allowance.
  • loveme445
    Options
    Me: 3 ~ LNS: 1

Have a Healthy Weekend!
  • gillleeman
    gillleeman Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    ME 1/LNS 4 :bigsmile:
  • shannahrose
    Options
    blew it big time last night. did great with dinner, had a snack at 7, brushed my teeth and was fine until 9. then i ate everything in sight and woke up this morning and felt like crap! :(

ME 4
    LNS 1
  • loveme445
    Options
    blew it big time last night. did great with dinner, had a snack at 7, brushed my teeth and was fine until 9. then i ate everything in sight and woke up this morning and felt like crap! :(

ME 4
    LNS 1

Dont worry, today is another day. We live and we learn. Good Luck Tonight!
  • loveme445
    Options
    Me: 3 ~ LNS: 2

Went to a LATE movie for my cousin's birthday. Ate dinner before I left but I ended up having a small sample of my cousin food and I got frozen yogurt. It was a lost but I felt I did pretty good because I normally would have eaten a whole meal at the movies and I only got 4 oz of frozen yogurt.

Lets hope tonight is a better night :smile:
  • pines2palms
    Options
    :sad: I feel like I am doing terrible everyone! There have only been 6 days in this month, and my goal is quickly looking very un-doable!
    Our score is tied...

Me-3
    LNS-3

I won three nights by not having anything after 8! LSN has won 3, and now, 2 nights in a row.
    Why can't I whip this thing? I could drink water til it comes out my ears, and exercise until I literally fall over, but eating late is a hard thing to break! I hate it!!!!

:explode:
  • mscoleman2850
    Options
    This is great. I usually keep something on my nightstand to snack on but after reading this, I've decided to throw it away. No snacks after dinner.:heart:
  • PocketNaomi
    Options
    I definitely want in on this challenge! I've decided that because my snacking is usually a nervous habit of wanting something to do with my mouth, I'm going to allow myself sugarless gum after dinner, but nothing else except water. (I don't like tea.) That will hopefully keep me busy for a long time with one 15-calorie mouthful of gum, and meantime keep me away from the popcorn!