Ladies only-who does this? I envy you!

Options
1235»

Replies

• miss_jessiejane
    miss_jessiejane Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    No. I always shower and change after a workout. 'Cause I'd be grossed out if I didn't.
  • samanthalee87
    Options
    The usually come right off. Only time I keep them on is if I'm doing a double workout soon afterwards!
  • justcat206
    justcat206 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    I usually have an hour or two of things to do before I get home and will just wait till I get back to change, but I don't sweat much either. And, I keep extra deodorant in the car so I can reapply when I'm done so I dont' stink too much. If I had to be out ALL day and went to the gym first I'd shower and change.
  • NataBost
    NataBost Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Depends on the intensity and my post-workout plans. I usually go straight home, make dinner and do some housework and stay in my workout clothes for another hour or two and then shower. BUT, if it was an extra intense workout, I hop in the shower as soon as I get home. If I'm meeting up with friends after, I shower at the gym.
  • daviddjhonna
    Options
    Guess I'm in the minority...get home from working out and have to make dinner, walk the dogs, etc, so I usually air dry until bedtime
    Im in the same boat. If I do an afternoon work out I end up air drying before I can get to a shower. Even when I work out at 420 in the morning I may not end up in the shower until 6am. With a 60min workout of course.
  • sunglasses_and_ocean_waves
    Options
    I would not envy anyone for sitting around for hours in their own sweat. :sick:
  • SweetestDisaster
    Options
    Ill admit - I go work out in the morning, may do some house work, possibly work out again later...
    I wake up, put on clean workout clothes..and I stay in them all day long. I bask in it. Like a badge of honor.

same here especially on the weekends!
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    I keep my barn clothes on all day.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    I would not envy anyone for sitting around for hours in their own sweat. :sick:

ditto.
  • wanttolose40lbs
    wanttolose40lbs Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I usually work out in the morning so I walk in the house and right to the shower. I can't stand being in my wet sweaty workout clothes, it grosses me out.
  • thankyou4thevenom
    thankyou4thevenom Posts: 1,581 Member
    Options
    I take mine off but then that's because I take a shower after. Not gonna shower in my clothes. :laugh:
  • conniedj
    conniedj Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    I used to sit down at my desk as soon as I got home from working out...and get sucked into whatever was going on at work ( home office). Can you say butt acne???:embarassed: :huh: Needless to say....I always change quickly before I sit down....even if I can't shower right away!
  • DAM5412
    DAM5412 Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    this is a timely discussion for me. I usually workout 1st thing in the morning, and get right into the shower. two days a week I join a running club after work, and when I get home from that, I always shower.

Today, however...I didn't work out until about an hour ago, and am sitting here a bit stinky, but have my running club in 3 hours. I am literally debating whether to shower now, and again in a few hours, or just continue to work/post to MFP/cruise facebook and shower once after my 2nd workout.

I feel gross right now, but not too smelly. But I know I will be ripe after run club.....the question is, do I care...not really.
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    I always change after a workout. I go on my lunch break from work, but usually don't need to shower because I don't sweat much when lifting and a wash cloth and towel dry takes care of it.

Today I wish I had my shower stuff, though, the air conditioner at the gym was on the fritz and it's 90+ outside today. Or maybe I don't - I was still sweating more just sitting in the hot car waiting for the air to get cold than I did working out.
  • sissiluv
    sissiluv Posts: 2,205 Member
    Options
    I chill in my workout pants...but the sweater, the shirt and the sports bra need to come off!
  • sslopez24
    sslopez24 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    If i workout in the morning I take a shower right after due to the sweaty, sticky feeling. But If I workout and still need to clean around the house, then I will stay as is since I will start sweating again. :blushing: Once I'm done with cleaning I take a nice semi cold shower! It feels so good!
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    It depends on what I'm doing afterwards. Will my next project make me sweat? If yes, I'll keep wearing them. Outside work? Keep wearing. Harder types of housework? Keep wearing them. Work or somewhere else with other people? Shower and change.
  • _KitKat_
    _KitKat_ Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    Can wear them all day...UNTIL I workout. Shower and a change is a must as soon as I get home and I come straight home. If I tan after (standup bed only) then I normally quick change, then still shower and change again at home.

I think I would cry if I had to stay in my sweaty clothes...Yuck! :frown: