The peanut butter must go

Options
1235»

Replies

• kaaaaylee
    kaaaaylee Posts: 398
    Options
    just weigh out your pb. or like someone else mentioned, pb2.
  • asdowe13
    asdowe13 Posts: 1,951 Member
    Options
    Peanut Butter must never go!

PB2 - can get the fak out though.
  • nikkik8806
    nikkik8806 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I know it's already been said but get PB2 - seriously. I love peanut butter, I mean I really love it. Granted PB2 doesn't have the silky/fatty taste or texture because they eliminate a lot of the fat but it's pretty spot on flavor wise. I really like the chocolate peanut butter flavor too. At first I was like ewww powdered peanut butter. But like a lot of things in weight loss, you just have to try it.
  • splitdog79
    splitdog79 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I go through at least one, sometimes two, jars of PB a week! Usually Peter Pan Whipped, which is 150 kcal per 2 Tbsp, but really whatever is BOGO. I've got about 6 jars of Whipped right now.

PB is one of my major fat sources, and it's so satisfying. Why would you ever want to cut it out? It's even decent for protein.
  • DJ7203
    DJ7203 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    Jif makes a whipped peanut butter that is lower in calories. That's what I eat & I'm also a PB addict!
  • mike_ny
    mike_ny Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Go natural. The sugar in processed peanut butter triggers you to want to eat more and the fillers and emulsifiers don't need to be there. Peanut butter should have at most two ingredients and the salt is optional. I like salt, but really prefer unsalted when it comes to PB.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I'd have pb2 in oatmeal or Greek yogurt instead. It's delicious and more filling for way less calories than PB on bread.
  • asdowe13
    asdowe13 Posts: 1,951 Member
    Options
    Go natural. The sugar in processed peanut butter triggers you to want to eat more and the fillers and emulsifiers don't need to be there. Peanut butter should have at most two ingredients and the salt is optional. I like salt, but really prefer unsalted when it comes to PB.

The sugar in processed peanut butter doesn't trigger me to want to eat more.

All it triggers is my love of Peanut butter. I just moderate it!
  • DJ7203
    DJ7203 Posts: 497 Member
    Options

The sugar in processed peanut butter doesn't trigger me to want to eat more.

All it triggers is my love of Peanut butter. I just moderate it!

Yup, same here!
  • michellemybelll
    michellemybelll Posts: 2,228 Member
    Options
    just weigh out your pb.
    Yep. Just weigh out your portion(s). I have 1.5 servings every morning with breakfast ????
  • dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Options
    Freakin' cookie butter. Also known as Biscoff cookie spread, but cookie butter just sounds better. I seriously eat it by the spoonful straight from the jar, which is why I don't buy it often.

Wait, were you wanting something healthy? I got nothing. Sorry.

OMG that stuff is heaven.

I bought some of Jif's Salted Caramel spread & that is good too. I put it on a tortilla today & nuked it in the microwave & it was amazing.
  • LassoOfTruth
    LassoOfTruth Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    If you get rid of your peanut butter, just send it to me.
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    Am I the only one who thinks PB2 is absolutely disgusting?

No. No, you're not.

On the other hand, I find myself really enjoying Santa Cruz dark roasted peanut butter. Tastes more peanutty to me, but it is salt free so it needs a sprinkling of salt to bring out the flavor, IMO.
  • splitdog79
    splitdog79 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I tried that cookie butter today, because the whole internet is going ape about it all of the sudden. Anyways I didn't even wait to get home. I got into the truck and started eating it with my finger and, honestly, was sort of disappointed. It tasted sort of like a cheap cinnamon cookie or something :/

This is no Nutella or Peanut Butter, guys. What's up with y'all?
  • Veil5577
    Veil5577 Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    Sometimes PBJ is all I can afford to eat due to money restrictions, so thank God for PBJ! I just make sure to log it correctly and keep it under calorie goal... I can have up to 2 PBJ sandwiches daily without going over.
  • levitateme
    levitateme Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    I think I'm just a weirdo because all the things that people are like "YOU MUST MAKE THIS FIT YOUR DAY" are things that I'm like "Uh, why? High calorie for low volume and not even that good..."

PB and any other nut butters can be tossed IMO. I don't like sweet things much. Sandwiches should have cured meat and smelly cheese, not jelly. I want salty, give me popcorn, steak, chips 24/7. Throw all the pb in the garbage can.
  • willrun4bagels
    willrun4bagels Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    I still buy peanut butter but just weigh out portions in small glass bowls on a food scale before I eat it. So for breakfast I'll put either 2 tbsp or 3 tbsp on my english muffin depending on how I've planned my day. I'll weigh out either 32g or 48g, log it, eat it, and enjoy it. I only like the natural PB with no salt added.
  • WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    Options
    Easier way to weigh PB is put the open jar on your digital scale, turn it on (or tare it out), as you remove PB the readout will show the grams in negative.

I turned up my nose at the very idea of PB2, partly because I don't ever buy PB due to the calories and because I'd rather have real nuts (peanuts are a legume). Then I recently tried a faux PB that is low cal-- Better n Butter in chocolate-- and liked it. So I tried PB2 and I like it, too. I have it as a dip for apple slices or drizzled on moon pops, which are rice cake like thingies.
  • sokkache
    sokkache Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I've heard a lot of people say good things about almond butter. But the calories for almond butter are probably not much different from peanut butter.
  • Amitysk
    Amitysk Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    I don't want to live in a world without peanut butter...