Raspberry ketone!!

Options

Replies

• Tanyapatrick1111
    Options
    Your same dimensions as me when i started. I`m 4ft 11! Raspberry Ketones is rubbish. Waste of money. Eat healthy and calories the right amount for you size wise to lose using deficit. I tried it, people at work tried it we were all on it together for months with no results. Honestly don`t put hopes in magic potions. It takes time to put the weight on and will take time to work it off. Best thing you can do for your body and moral is chuck the magic formula in the bin! Restock your food cupboards and keep a journal. The journal is the key I think as it forces you to be honest with yourself.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    I eat twice a day , breakfast and dinner... I force myself to eat donething little during the day too.
    I exercise daily.
    I don't eat chocolate, don't drink fizzy drink...

What's your overall diet look like? If you're not getting proper nutrition, you're going to mess with your hormones and your body's ability to absorb certain nutrients, etc...these things can make weight loss far more difficult than it already is in that they can ultimately mess with your metabolism. This is often an issue with dieters who cut out dietary fat...dietary fat is essential to hormone regulation and nutrient absorption among other things.

I would also suggest that if you've truly been eating very little for a long time, it is likely that your metabolism has dialed down to a level that is below the statistical averages that these calculators use to determine appropriate calorie goals in an effort to be more efficient with the intake it is receiving...one issue with VLCDs and doing them for a long time is that it can ultimately interfere with proper thyroid function, again making weight loss far more difficult than it should be.

If it were me, I'd go see a doctor and have some blood work done to determine if there is anything going on thyroid wise as well as any other hormonal issues and/or nutrient deficiencies. I would also start consuming a proper and well balanced diet to include plenty of healthy fats and far more protein than the RDA (which is pretty much bare minimum for a sedentary person) which will naturally decrease carbohydrate intake...it is very possible that you have insulin sensitivities as well...many overweight people do, even if it's not full blown pre-diabetes or diabetes.

There are no magic potions or pills that are really going to help you lose weight...all of these ketones, etc are just modern day snake oil.
  • jkestens63
    jkestens63 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    I don't eat a lot anyway.. Tea and 1 slice of toast for breakfast.
    A small lunch- sometimes
    And a small chicken dinner - with either pasta, rice or salad

So I do NOT overeat or eat badly

If you're going to keep insisting that you don't overeat or eat "badly" and continue to disregard the good advice you're being given, there's really little point to all of this because nothing is going to change.

I have a suspicion that you wanted reassurance about your Raspberry Ketone/Cleanse program and if you don't get that (and you won't) then you're not open to any other suggestions.

I agree with this summation. Unfortunately pills are not the answer. First and foremost the key is counting calories and eating at a deficit. Log every single thing that goes into your mouth. Weigh/measure every morsel. Its work and its a pain in the butt, however losing weight is not easy. If it was then none of us would have a weight issue. If you want a quick and are not willing to work at it then you will not see any change. And when you add on exercise, it gets even more challenging.

BTW, not to be mean, but you are not the only person who has had difficult issues to deal with while losing weight. You can use those difficulties as an excuse or work around them and still achieve your goal. You are going to go through life facing hard times, if that is going to be the reason you are not going to change, then learn to be happy the way you are.

Good luck.
  • KayJaMikel
    KayJaMikel Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    I read a comment (joking one) in another thread about these raspberry ketones and was starting to look into buying them, but i won't waste my moolah now on them.

I didn't want it to replace calorie deficit, which i am fully on board with, but maybe help some more substantial loss along.
  • kaysamlyss
    Options
    Hi! I am sorry that everyone seems to be judging you. I would hope these boards are for motivation and some kind of help. Don't get discouraged by other's insults. I don't think they mean to be so condescending.

I have tried raspberry ketones… they didn't work. I have tried other pills and find they are worthless as well. I am doing an herbal cleanse right now because I had been on antibiotics many times in the past few months and just want to make sure my body is running right. Do I think this will be a magic pill? No, but I figured I would try it anyway. Just in case.

My suggestion is to eat more often than what you are doing now. 5 times a day - 3 big meals and 2 small ones. It will keep your blood sugar steady and you body won't think it is starving and try to hold onto that weight. Also, I have always found that when I cut back on my carbs - bread, crackers, gluten kind of things, the weight comes off easier. I follow a website - lowcarbfriends that I find helpful. They are pretty encouraging over there and everyone has the same goal in mind - living healthier and losing a few pounds.

I am in a constant struggle with my weight. I workout almost everyday, elliptical, weights, treadmill - 30 minutes of cardio then 30 minutes of weights one day, and then the next is 1 hour of cardio. I have lost a pound if that. It is frustrating, but I keep on trying. Hopefully, you will too! Don't give up, but eat more often. Good luck!
  • adipace815
    adipace815 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Just like most email and texts, it is very difficult to express things on a message board. Try not to take things too personal. I don't think that most people are intentionally trying to be hurtful or offensive. Most of what is being said is painfully accurate, the only way to lose weight is to make have your calories in versus calories out at a deficit. Supplements, cleanses, special vitamin supplements, protein shakes, etc will not result in weight loss. Some of them can be used as a supplement with other health related benefits; but will not magically result in a weight loss.

Some of the links people have posted for you are good reading material and may help, but I will try to summarize for you. Figure out what your BMR is. That will tell you how many calories an average person will burn with no activity at your height, weight and age. If you do not have any other medical conditions, taking in less calories than you BMR will result in weight loss. However, if you intend to be physically active it wouldn't be very healthy to eat less than your BMR; and you wouldn't have any energy for activity.

Another important thing to know is your TDEE, which is the Total Daily Energy Expenditure, or total calories burned per day based on your activity. Many people use Activity Monitors (pedometers) to estimate this and/or Heart Rate Monitors. Your TDEE is really where it is at and it is important to be as accurate with this as possible if you want to lose weight. A 500 calorie per day deficit is needed to lose 1 pound of fat per week. If that is your goal and you are off by 500 calories on your TDEE, you will struggle and probably not see any results.

Last but not least is the food. The reason why people succeed with packaged food programs (nutrisystem, Jenny Craig, medifast) has little to do with the ingredients; but it has everything to do with the fact that each meal is weighed and or measured for an accurate calorie count. This is nothing that a food scale, measuring cups and spoons cant do; but you have to make the effort to do it. If you are willing to do this, you can save yourself a lot of money and the results will be the same.

There is probably some health benefit to Rasberry Keytones just like other supplements. I personally use a couple of different protein shakes as a part of my regular diet. There are vitamins and extra protein that helps me reach the macro nutrient levels that I think work for me. I just make sure I am logging them and they fit within my calorie count.

Good luck. You can do this!
  • cparter
    cparter Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    I eat twice a day , breakfast and dinner... I force myself to eat donething little during the day too.
    I exercise daily.
    I don't eat chocolate, don't drink fizzy drink...
    ]
    Worse plan ever ^ - Totally not healthy, safe or sustainable.
  • LifeWithPie
    LifeWithPie Posts: 552 Member
    Options

BTW, not to be mean, but you are not the only person who has had difficult issues to deal with while losing weight. You can use those difficulties as an excuse or work around them and still achieve your goal. You are going to go through life facing hard times, if that is going to be the reason you are not going to change, then learn to be happy the way you are.

Good luck.

Agreed! :drinker:
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    I don't think they mean to be so condescending.

Yes it must be unintentional. A big mistake or a misunderstanding of some sort.

Honestly, she's been on this website for two years. I've been on it for one and a half.

I have had plenty of opportunity to learn about nutrition, exercise, the metabolism, etc. I've figured out about logging and measuring and eating up to my calorie limit. There is a plethora of information and links to great resources to be found.

I've also learned a whole lot about the various metabolic disorders that might cause issues and how people address them, even though that's not something that I need to access. I've learned a lot about eating disorders too.

If, after all this time, she is not accurately logging her diet and exercise - regardless of whatever else she is or is not doing - it's about time for somebody to directly call her on it.

You can either make excuses or earn results. Pick one.
  • So_Much_Fab
    So_Much_Fab Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am sorry that everyone seems to be judging you.
    Not one person that's commented had been judgmental towards the OP.
    I would hope these boards are for motivation and some kind of help.
    OP has gotten a LOT of great advice/help.
    Don't get discouraged by other's insults.
    No one has insulted the OP.
    My suggestion is to eat more often than what you are doing now. 5 times a day - 3 big meals and 2 small ones. It will keep your blood sugar steady...
    Same advice goes for you - unless you're weighing/measuring/staying at a reasonable deficit the number of meals per day has no relation to weight loss.

Also - I personally wouldn't put much stock in the advice of someone that's been here 2 years, is showing 0 lbs. lost on their ticker, and has a blank profile.
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am sorry that everyone seems to be judging you. I would hope these boards are for motivation and some kind of help. Don't get discouraged by other's insults. I don't think they mean to be so condescending.

Your friend list is for motivation. The forums are for gaining information and a variety of different perspectives.
    I have tried raspberry ketones… they didn't work. I have tried other pills and find they are worthless as well. I am doing an herbal cleanse right now because I had been on antibiotics many times in the past few months and just want to make sure my body is running right. Do I think this will be a magic pill? No, but I figured I would try it anyway. Just in case.

http://examine.com/
  • cparter
    Options
    Ive had a lot of personal problems to desl with in the past 2 years, things id never wish on anyone - so dont judge me

You prefer a thread that condones these poor choices or one that is brutally honest and tells you what you need to hear vice what you want to hear?

Fads are just that. We want to help you with a sustainable change but you have to be willing to change.
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options
    My suggestion is to eat more often than what you are doing now. 5 times a day - 3 big meals and 2 small ones. It will keep your blood sugar steady...
    Same advice goes for you - unless you're weighing/measuring/staying at a reasonable deficit the number of meals per day has no relation to weight loss.

Also - I personally wouldn't put much stock in the advice of someone that's been here 2 years, is showing 0 lbs. lost on their ticker, and has a blank profile.

tumblr_inline_mskhfhQqb51qz4rgp.gif
  • jasonmh630
    jasonmh630 Posts: 2,850 Member
    Options

tumblr_inline_mskhfhQqb51qz4rgp.gif

THIS
  • cparter
    Options

My suggestion is to eat more often than what you are doing now. 5 times a day - 3 big meals and 2 small ones. It will keep your blood sugar steady and you body won't think it is starving and try to hold onto that weight. Also, I have always found that when I cut back on my carbs - bread, crackers, gluten kind of things, the weight comes off easier. I follow a website - lowcarbfriends that I find helpful. They are pretty encouraging over there and everyone has the same goal in mind - living healthier and losing a few pounds.

I am in a constant struggle with my weight. I workout almost everyday, elliptical, weights, treadmill - 30 minutes of cardio then 30 minutes of weights one day, and then the next is 1 hour of cardio. I have lost a pound if that. It is frustrating, but I keep on trying. Hopefully, you will too! Don't give up, but eat more often. Good luck!
    Amazed! You been here two years and this has to be your first post... smh
  • Rogiefreida
    Rogiefreida Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    OP you asked why you aren't losing, and people told you why. If you aren't losing weight you aren't in a calorie deficit. That's not anyone being mean, that is people answering your question.

Also, RK and cleanses aren't looked upon fondly on MFP, so when someone brings it up, it's bound to bring in lots of people letting you know what a load of crap it all is. Because they are both a load of crap and don't lead to sustainable long term weight loss.
  • Barbellarella_
    Barbellarella_ Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Theres a lot of good advice in here. Opening up your diary would be more helpful if you want more specific advice.

It really does come down to calories in vs out, and you need to make sure your being accurate with your counting.

It you want someone to help you directly, you can send me a message.
  • AsaThorsWoman
    AsaThorsWoman Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    Ive had a lot of personal problems to desl with in the past 2 years, things id never wish on anyone - so dont judge me

No one is judging you. Throw away the raspberry craptones now. Eat at a calorie deficit, weigh everything you consume, track everything you consume, and the weight will come off.

If they're still relatively new I would try to return them!

Even if they're cheap you might be able to exchange them for something cool like a water bottle, protien powder or some cool new workout socks.
  • bevmcarthur
    bevmcarthur Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    thats your problem you don't EAT a lot . You need to feed your body even if what your eating is good if you are not eating enought of it you body will hold on to the extra pounds that you have
    I don't eat a lot anyway.. Tea and 1 slice of toast for breakfast.
    A small lunch- sometimes
    And a small chicken dinner - with either pasta, rice or salad

So I do NOT overeat or eat badly