ladies want 2 try a 30 day no wine *whining* challenge ?

Options

Replies

• ShanekiaC
    ShanekiaC Posts: 12
    Options
    Count me in
  • primdaisy
    primdaisy Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I'm just thinking of it as a challenge to myself-I certainly don't think it will hurt me :) And, since my one glass generally leads to more-this challenge will likely do me some good

That's exactly my problem!! I say "only one glass", but it tastes sooooo good, that I just gotta have a little more. I want to do this just to jump start that last 10lbs I want to lose. I've already lost 20lbs and want to make it 30. It's so weird. When I was young, raising my kids, going to school, etc, I never had any sort of alcohol. Once I got in my 30's, we started having brandy or wine around the house and it just became the thing to do at noc. NOthing out of hand, no binging, just a daily thing. I think this has not helped me in the growing older, slowing metabolism thing. Soooo, that's why I'm trying it..

And by the way, I did have a beer tonight. I'm not too upset about it since it's the wine and brandy I seem to like soooomuch!! :wink:
  • josephsgoddess
    josephsgoddess Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    i'd rather lose weight cutting off a limb than not have my beer.
  • AnnACnd
    AnnACnd Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I LOVE WINE!!
  • basiabroker
    basiabroker Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Hmmmm. NO!
  • cowbellsandcoffee
    cowbellsandcoffee Posts: 2,975 Member
    Options
    In.

Should be pretty easy as I don't drink.

:bigsmile:
  • 12skipafew99100
    12skipafew99100 Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options
    What kind of wine are you giving up? :drinker: Mine is Barefoot Reising. :cry:
  • gwenm4
    gwenm4 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I am with you on this... I need to cut out my daily routine. And yes, I think it just becomes another habit that needs replacing, right? My issue is at the end of a long day, the idea of working out is NOT appealing. And a tall glass of water won't cut it. I've been researching OTHER than wine drinks, but would love to hear what you have found.
  • ekat120
    ekat120 Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    I am with you on this... I need to cut out my daily routine. And yes, I think it just becomes another habit that needs replacing, right? My issue is at the end of a long day, the idea of working out is NOT appealing. And a tall glass of water won't cut it. I've been researching OTHER than wine drinks, but would love to hear what you have found.

I've been thinking about potential replacements. Maybe La Criox flavored sparkling water or flavored kombucha (lavender! yum!). I also tried a really great lower-sugar ginger soda (called Q; it's not artifically sweetened, just less sweet) the other day. They have lower-sugar tonic, too. I'm thinking something like that might make it feel like I'm getting "treat" but without the alcohol. I'm thinking beverages that have some kick/bite to them but aren't sweet, since that's how I like my wine :)
  • slliwlt
    slliwlt Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    What kind of wine are you giving up? :drinker: Mine is Barefoot Reising. :cry:

I gave up Soul Sister Pinot Noir, and Apothic Red, and my all time favorite-Carlos Creek Apple Blueberry! (crap-now I've set off a craving! Lol)
  • kaydee210
    kaydee210 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I gave up alcohol one year during Lent and was amazed at how much I lost. I'm 53 and although I've always watched my food intake, I am reluctant to give up my favorite vice. Now I'm doing 5:2 and will jump on a 30 day challenge, right after my beach vacation next week!
  • Louttie
    Louttie Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Hell no. Good luck though :)

I actually find having a small glass in the evening stops me from snacking instead
  • Christina_722
    Christina_722 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I had to go alcohol free for 6 months for surgery. I am counting down the days until I can have my wine. I whine about it constantly though!
  • lbpears
    lbpears Posts: 40 Member
    Options

I've been thinking about potential replacements. Maybe La Criox flavored sparkling water or flavored kombucha (lavender! yum!). I also tried a really great lower-sugar ginger soda (called Q; it's not artifically sweetened, just less sweet) the other day. They have lower-sugar tonic, too. I'm thinking something like that might make it feel like I'm getting "treat" but without the alcohol. I'm thinking beverages that have some kick/bite to them but aren't sweet, since that's how I like my wine :)

I sometimes drink flavored La Croix in a wine glass to fool myself. It works!
  • Kr1sMar1e
    Kr1sMar1e Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I did it for lent, so that's 6ish weeks right? So it's doable. Just not sure I want to do it again. The first glass you have at the end is well worth the wait though :)

Same here. Did it once for Lent a few years ago, so I know I can do it. I don't really feel the need now. Besides, what would I drink with the girls at book club? :laugh:
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    I tell them... no..no..no
  • OhCora
    OhCora Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    good luck to you, I hear that kicking that would be tough. I have several friends who just love wine. I hate it. hate beer too. don't drink often and when I do it is those palm bay in a can things. occasionally Carolan's in my coffee. I prolly average about 3 drinks a month. It would be too easy for me. so I won't :-P
  • simonsays2450
    Options
    I would love to try it with you, however, I am whining already. Great goal though and good luck! I have too much going on in the next month to even attempt such a thing.

I have a question regarding the site and you may be the person to answer it.

When I look at the "reports" for carbs I am always under the goal amount. Is it the program that sets that goal based on my statistics, and do you think it is OK to be significantly under?
  • camtosh
    camtosh Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    When I look at the "reports" for carbs I am always under the goal amount. Is it the program that sets that goal based on my statistics, and do you think it is OK to be significantly under?

Hi! I eat less than 80 grams carbs per day, higher fat, medium protein -- it works for me! Your body can live on few carbs, so go as low as you want.
    I am attempting to go without my nightly glass of wine for a week to see if it helps budge my stall. Here's hoping!
  • ekat120
    ekat120 Posts: 407 Member
    Options

I sometimes drink flavored La Croix in a wine glass to fool myself. It works!

I love this idea! I just got some cran-raspberry flavor that I bet will work well. Is it cheating if I put vodka in it? Because that sounds delicious :drinker: