Horrible Cravings? What they mean.

124»

Replies

• tennisdude2004
    tennisdude2004 Posts: 5,609 Member
    Craving: Junk! Fries, soda, pizza. You need calcium.
    Eat: Dairy, green leafy vegetables, soy.
    THERE IS NO WAY IN HELL THAT EATING GREEN LEAFY VEGETABLES WOULD EVER EVER BE A VIABLE SOLUTION TO PIZZA CRAVINGS!

You could eat the green leaves from around the cauliflower, after all the rest of the cauliflower should be used to make the pizza crust.
  • mchanido
    mchanido Posts: 6
    Someone posted this in response, right? http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/1940299/

tl;dr Unless you're craving dirt and chalk (hellllo pica), your cravings are psychological, potentially stress or societally induced. Eat some and move on.

The Huffington Post? Enough said.

The original article quotes the Huffington post. At least this one is a question/answer thing from a certified dietician nutritionist and registered dietician. On the other hand the article posted by the OP lists shape.com as a reference, who in turn reference a book by Sophie Skover, who, after a google search I find, describes herself on linkedin as a professional in "Life Coach | Eating Disorder Recovery | Holistic Anxiety Techniques | Corporate Speaking | Motivational Speaking" with a BSc in Psychology. I don't call that a legitimate source and it also costs me time to try to verify information. Give me peer reviewed articles/scientific studies on people that they had cravings and then did blood tests to figure out what they were missing, nutrient wise. I will wait here.