smart comebacks needed

Options

Replies

• 1princesswarrior
    1princesswarrior Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    Meh, just tell them it's your own secret recipe that you're trying to patent as the next miracle weight loss drug so you can make a million dollars and quit working and that it's even better than Raspberry keytones, Garcinia Cambogia, and green coffee bean extract; it just doesn't work as fast but you won't regain the weight when you quit taking it. You just haven't thought of a catchy name yet so you can't tell them what it is.

Then they will be more baffled than anything else.

And you are doing fabulous so don't let them get you down.
  • katsmo
    katsmo Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I would probably remove people like that from my orbit of friends. And maybe ask how much weight they've lost in the last three months?
  • levitateme
    levitateme Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    I've heard from a couple people that I'm not losing fast enough. I'm averaging 1.5 pounds a week, and have lost almost 20 in the last 3 months. It makes me so angry to hear that I should have lost more for all the effort I'm putting in, or I eat too much or should eat 1200 max, cut everything out and go cardio crazy. I think my favorite is when someone they know lost 20 pounds in the first month doing xyz, I should try it. I'm not hangry, I eat min 1500 calories, usually more like 1800-2000. Workout 4 or 5 days a week. Why are people such know-it-all @ssholes?

What should I say to them except to quote the dude " Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man."

Nice quote! Check out my ticker :drinker:

But anyway, I don't discuss this kind of stuff with coworkers and I only talk about weight loss or fitness with friends if they ask. Honestly, it never ends well. For whatever reason, the second I tell anyone I am trying to lose weight or going to the gym, they immediately know more than me about nutrition/fitness/everything and tell me what I should or shouldn't do. It's easier to just not discuss it, especially with the sedentary, overweight, "do as I say not as I do" crowd I'm referring to.
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options
    Tell them one thing your doing is that you've learned kickboxing. You would love to give them a personal demonstration.
  • BringingSherriBack
    BringingSherriBack Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I'm a smarta$$ so I'd say "so I've lost 20 pounds in 3 months, so how much have you lost?" and give them a big smile. That should shut them up. Since I'm sure it's not the people that are losing weight themselves that are making the comments.
  • ValGogo
    ValGogo Posts: 2,168 Member
    Options
    How about "You're not shutting up fast enough. Hurry up!"

Or grab their nose and say "Is this fast enough for you?"
  • schelly81
    schelly81 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    jerkstore-1.jpg

:laugh:
  • thebigcb
    thebigcb Posts: 2,210 Member
    Options
    I've heard from a couple people that I'm not losing fast enough. I'm averaging 1.5 pounds a week, and have lost almost 20 in the last 3 months. It makes me so angry to hear that I should have lost more for all the effort I'm putting in, or I eat too much or should eat 1200 max, cut everything out and go cardio crazy. I think my favorite is when someone they know lost 20 pounds in the first month doing xyz, I should try it. I'm not hangry, I eat min 1500 calories, usually more like 1800-2000. Workout 4 or 5 days a week. Why are people such know-it-all @ssholes?

What should I say to them except to quote the dude " Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man."

How about

Go mind your own f**king business

Short , direct, too the point ?
  • ValGogo
    Options
    Why do you need to come back? What do you really gain in the end? Would it make you feel better to retaliate?

well.... yes actually. I'm not looking to put them down, just get them to leave me alone with their advice.

I agree with her, I am not of the "turn the other cheek" mentality in situations like this.

Well, I'd never start a fight with a cowboy. Y'all are tough!
  • ValGogo
    Options
    jerkstore-1.jpg

:laugh:

Can;'t get enough of this.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • love9705
    love9705 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    Tell them the garbage that is coming out of their mouths is spilling into your mouth and that is why you are not losing the weight fast enough so if they really want to help you they need to shut the phuck up :happy:

your doing great w2g!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options
    How about an overly cheery, "Awwww, thanks!!!" :)
  • ValGogo
    Options
    OR, get all excited and say

"Why, do you want to take me bikini shopping this afternoon? LET'S GO!"
  • THECaptainObvious
    THECaptainObvious Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    "Ok MOM!".... I agree they need to be high fived, in the face, with a brick... dipped in vinegar....... and then don't ever talk to them about it again/
  • zuko71
    zuko71 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    My usual response is "When i want your opinion i will beat it out of you", thats short and to the point :wink:
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    "Do you even lift?"
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    "Oh, I see it's working for you! Oh wait, it's not, is it?!" :angry:
  • ldarlener
    ldarlener Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    You could say, "I'm glad you are doing well on your weight loss journey. I'm happy with the path I'm taking, Peace and love to you".
    Kindness usually stops jerks dead in the water.
  • LoosingMyLast15
    LoosingMyLast15 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options

why? because they're only eating 1200 calories max which is making them hangry HANGRY i tell you! :) keep up the great work - slow and steady keeps the weight off.

edited to add comback line: thank you for sharing your opinion about MY weight loss now please pass the butter
  • pzacher68
    pzacher68 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    "Oh, that's nice. Where did you get your MD from again? Oh you don't. How about your licence to train people? Oh sorry. Well the you must at LEAST be a dietician, right? No. Then WHY are YOU WASTING MY TIME?"

" I may be fat, but you're ugly, and I can diet."

Of course, I am a bit more abrasive in my repsonses...and i have no qualms about causing a scene. A BIG ONE!