So many people with respectively high final GWs....

Replies

• Pirate_chick
    Pirate_chick Posts: 1,216 Member
    keep-calm-and-mind-your-own-business-16.png
  • _chiaroscuro
    _chiaroscuro Posts: 1,340 Member
    2cr55yt.jpg
  • newjojie
    newjojie Posts: 291 Member
    Absolutely ridiculous!
  • ChristinaOrtiz23
    ChristinaOrtiz23 Posts: 1,546 Member
    I'm 5'3 with a goal of 150-160. I would still be closer to the higher end of overweight! I'm a very curly girl and hold my weight well and i wouldn't "look right" under 150. That's were i got my GW #!
  • MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    Oh, bless your little 20 year old heart.

Don't be too hard on her guys. Give her time to squeeze out a few puppies, go through a few of life's tragedies and put on real weight.

When she's in her 40s she can remember this thread and think, "Wow, was I naive and insensitive. If only I knew then what I know now...."
  • Pirate_chick
    tumblr_livlbekS2a1qezkiso1_500.gif
  • southerndream24
    southerndream24 Posts: 303 Member
    This post is rich coming from someone who doesn't even have a full grasp of healthy weight loss. You boast about eating only 800-1200 calories daily and have the nerve to judge people for creating healthy attainable goals? Girl bye!
  • Pirate_chick
    tumblr_lscswms8SF1qkv4zy.gif
  • Pirate_chick
    tumblr_mjzq5gN4Ih1qifhcpo1_500.gif
  • Velum_cado
    Velum_cado Posts: 1,608 Member
    Well, my "ultimate" goal weight was 200 lbs. I'm at 192 now. I don't feel like I need to lose any more - I prefer the look of having a bit of extra weight. I haven't really been focusing on losing weight since I reached my goal, Just focusing on being healthy and enjoying myself and a few extra pounds have dropped off. I'd be happy to stop here, to be honest. :)
  • Not to mention, a preponderance of scientific research suggests that if one is overweight/obese, losing just 20% of your body weight and increasing physical activity can impart a multitude of health benefits, while seeming more achievable to someone staring down a 100+ lb loss. Ask yourself two things OP, is health or vanity the motivation behind your words here? And, should you perhaps spend less time being concerned with the private business if others and more time working towards your own goals?
  • SugaryLynx
    SugaryLynx Posts: 2,640 Member
    Ooooh, while we're judging....

"I wouldn't call 1100 calories a "very low calorie intake" for someone like me at 5'4" @ 139 pounds. "

This is you, OP from a previous thread.1100 calories is very low intake for someone like you. Hi, I'm someone like you (In height, not in mentality, clearly). I'm maintaining around 2300 calories. I lost most of my weight at 1650 net.

But back to the matter at hand:
    FYI, a goal is a goal is a goal. Just because in your small judgmental mind you think that it isn't enough, doesn't make it so. Eyes on your own paper, perhaps? Getting healthy isn't all about scale weight.
  • DYELB
    DYELB Posts: 7,407 Member
    Sucks to be weak and lethargic
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    In...

...because wow.

(And now I'm curious if OP's other eight posts in the past year were as helpful as this one...)
  • sassyjae21
    sassyjae21 Posts: 1,217 Member
    This post is rich coming from someone who doesn't even have a full grasp of healthy weight loss. You boast about eating only 800-1200 calories daily and have the nerve to judge people for creating healthy attainable goals? Girl bye!

bahaha!
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Ooh I'm in, just because the forums have been particularly fruitful today
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    tumblr_m1jw7h2YPt1ql1aeno1_500.gif
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Looks like eleventy thousand people have already said this, but I'll chime in too. I am one of those people...HW was 307, CW is 182 and I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that I wanna get to 170...still overweight for a 5'8", 37 yr old woman...but I am cool with even 180! I may decide to go another 20-30 lb lower, who knows.

BUT...for some people, like me, being around 262 lb like I was when I joined this website, I DID NOT wanna even think about getting to say, 130 lb. That was way too overwhelming to me and would have probably resulted in just giving up completely before I'd even begun. Instead I hit my first goal of 220 and then kept reassessing as I've gone down.
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    200_s.gif
  • SugaryLynx
    SugaryLynx Posts: 2,640 Member