So many people with respectively high final GWs....

Replies

• _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    tumblr_m0v274keN11rn95k2o1_500.gif
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    johnny-depp.gif
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    tumblr_m0fqyhGJlV1qbncya.gif
  • kconrad1712
    kconrad1712 Posts: 36 Member
    Gracie... keep the gifs coming!
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    tumblr_leu8is3oEe1qcu0tso1_400.gif
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    jennifer-lawrence-23.gif
  • sisterlilbunny
    sisterlilbunny Posts: 691 Member
    *walks in, looks around, suspects troll post, walks back out*

Seeing how McJudgypants hasn't been back since? Yup...
  • Linli_Anne
    Linli_Anne Posts: 1,360 Member
    I'm doing it wrong.

I've set multiple goals, achieved multiple goals, and have set more goals for myself.

I didn't realize that when I reached that first goal that everything was supposed to just be over.
  • pdank311
    pdank311 Posts: 137 Member
    I see it a lot with women, especially. For example, a 5'4" female starts out with a weight of 350 pounds, and her goal is to get to 175 pounds. That's still obese! I see this a lot where people set goal weights when they are probably underestimating their potential! I understand people want to set realistic goals, but why go so far when you only just a little more to go before your REAL moment of victory? The "healthy" range! Really, if you've set a high final goal weight, consider the fact that with a little more time, you can do even more than that! All it takes is a little more time.

Baby steps and a small win is a win. 2 years ago I set mine at 20 lbs to fit back into a suit. Hit that in like 6 weeks and then kept setting lower targets. That GW could be the motivation for someone to keep pushing on to the next level.

To each their own IMHO.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Jebus, I need to learn to stay out of these forums when I am feeling stabby already. :grumble:

OP, MYOB! An individual's goal is to be decided by them, perhaps influenced by their physician, and any number of other factors. What is healthy for them may be completely different from what YOU THINK may be healthy for them. :angry:
  • Akimajuktuq
    Akimajuktuq Posts: 3,037 Member
    So my goal to be in the upper range of my BMI doesn't meet with your approval? Like I care. It's MY goal. I know my body and I know what's healthy for ME.

Maybe focus on YOU instead of others.
  • silver_arrow3
    silver_arrow3 Posts: 1,373 Member
    smith.gif
    ^This.

I'm sure I could come up with more to say, but you're kind of a **** and I'd rather not.
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    srslyguise.jpg
  • sarafischbach9
    sarafischbach9 Posts: 466 Member
    What the women are probably doing are setting their first goal. Once they get to 175 lbs, for example, they might set another goal of like 140 lbs. Once they reach that, they may stop if they are happy with that weight or make another goal, like 120 or 130 lbs. That is what I think most people are doing... taking baby steps. I don't think they are aiming to stay obese or overweight, but they are doing one goal at a time.
  • _Resolve_
    _Resolve_ Posts: 735 Member
    well this changes EVERYTHING...

I guess my goal weight of 215 is still way to high, and for only the reason that it doesn't make YOU happy. Never mind the fact that I can ride a 100 mile bike ride in under 7 hours, or able to hang in crossfit 5 days a week, or pretty much smash all the goals i make for myself. Or that my BF% is 19 and dropping or that I am in the top 4% of the country with my lab results, or that I beat diabetes ... but screw all that.. standards are standards and YOU know better than ME about my life.

Ill get back to work to make you happy now.

Glad we got all that out of the way.
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    maybe I don't care about what is considered a "healthy weight". My goal is to feel good and look at myself confidently. I lost 50lbs and even at 213lbs on my 5'9.5" body looked damn good.
  • becky10rp
    becky10rp Posts: 573 Member
    Merely deciding to lose weight - start this journey seriously - and pick a goal weight - is a major step in and of itself.

For an outsider to criticize that goal weight seems rather intrusive, mean, and ignorant.

You don't 'know' these people.
  • dunge0n
    dunge0n Posts: 29 Member
    I see it a lot with women, especially. For example, a 5'4" female starts out with a weight of 350 pounds, and her goal is to get to 175 pounds. That's still obese! I see this a lot where people set goal weights when they are probably underestimating their potential! I understand people want to set realistic goals, but why go so far when you only just a little more to go before your REAL moment of victory? The "healthy" range! Really, if you've set a high final goal weight, consider the fact that with a little more time, you can do even more than that! All it takes is a little more time.

I don't usually comment on threads like this but this made me mad. I started at 265. For my height I think my healthy weight is 150 or something. I suffer from PCOS. It took me 80 days of eating right and exercising to lose 7lbs. Do you know how daunting that 150 goal is? I think I have my ticker set to 165-170 or something. My goal right now is to get to 230. THAT WILL BE A REAL MOMENT OF VICTORY FOR ME!!. I will still be obese but I will jump up and down. Who are you to judge what anyone's moment of victory is?
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    well this changes EVERYTHING...

I guess my goal weight of 215 is still way to high, and for only the reason that it doesn't make YOU happy. Never mind the fact that I can ride a 100 mile bike ride in under 7 hours, or able to hang in crossfit 5 days a week, or pretty much smash all the goals i make for myself. Or that my BF% is 19 and dropping or that I am in the top 4% of the country with my lab results, or that I beat diabetes ... but screw all that.. standards are standards and YOU know better than ME about my life.

Ill get back to work to make you happy now.

Glad we got all that out of the way.
    but u r not helthy!!!1!
  • sassyjae21
    sassyjae21 Posts: 1,217 Member
    srslyguise.jpg

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: