So many people with respectively high final GWs....

Options

Replies

• _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options
    -Laughing hysterically at Gracie's posts
    -Tries to go friend her
    -Not accepting friend requests ATM

resized_forever-alone-meme-generator-okay-then-ill-just-cry-myself-to-sleep-b49c91.jpg

I'm sorry. :( I try to keep it to a manageable # so I can interact with everyone!
  • danasings
    danasings Posts: 8,218 Member
    Options
    You have no right to judge someone else's goals.

And with that said:
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    Mmm, I love the smell of judgement in the morning.
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    Options

I effin love you!!!
  • nilbogger
    nilbogger Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    175 may be obese for a 5'4" woman, but it's much healthier than 350. If you weigh 350 even getting down to 300 will make you somewhat healthier.

I would say anyone who can get down to 175, maintain and be active is doing pretty well. Health is not 100% about weight.
  • sarahrosheen
    sarahrosheen Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    personally, i find it daunting to set such high goals, and i bet people that start out with higher weights feel the same ! i would love to lose 25 pounds the weight i was 2 birthdays ago BUT if i plug that in it just seems so far away! I start smaller, then when i reach my goal I'll feel great about myself then set another !
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    Mind your own business, OP.
  • SugaryLynx
    SugaryLynx Posts: 2,640 Member
    Options

I effin love you!!!

fao5li.jpg

let's hug it out
  • _KitKat_
    _KitKat_ Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    Most set multiple goals. If I was 350lb my goals would be 299, 199, and then the mark that would put me as over weight instead of obese.....and finally my ultimate goal. Having mile markers helps people not feel overwhelmed and gives them points to celebrate in their long journey.

Also who the hell is anyone to criticize someone's goal? They are improving themselves and in no way after the loss you are talking about short changing themselves.

Also weight isn't everything, I have a 5'5" female on my friends list that just weighed in at 180lb. She lifts heavy, has a body most would die for, and wears a size 6 in most and a size 4 in others. In no way is she not pushing herself, the damn woman is a personal trainer and smoking hot in her 40's.
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    hC795F8A4
  • RinnyLush
    RinnyLush Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    No need for me to elaborate on the already abundant and well-stated responses.

I'm just here for the gifs, and the hope that OP will return with another nugget of wisdom to dissect. :drinker:
  • _KitKat_
    _KitKat_ Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    hC795F8A4

WTH, you have a picture of my moody cat.
  • jlgemma
    jlgemma Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    @thepetiterunner. Couldn't agree more. Perfectly stated :smile:

Just getting the hang of this..
  • NorthCountryDreamer
    NorthCountryDreamer Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    When I started toward a lower weight, I never thought I would reach my ultimate goal. I couldn't even imagine it when I started. I applaud any weight loss if it contributes to improved fitness and wellbeing. The biggest obstacle is often our own mind. I really appreciate MFP because we are all sharing our journey. Our goals and our efforts to achieve them are up to us individually.
  • Flab2Fab27
    Flab2Fab27 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    textoverit_83841_48xwpkhcdw.png
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    Options
    Couldn't agree more. Perfectly stated :smile:

Strong first post.
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    tumblr_my8n55vvNY1ri5cmio1_500.jpg
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Guise...the OP is 20 and trying to reach "perfection..." Leave her to her youthful arrogance. She'll sort it out eventually and hopefully not hurt too many people in the meantime.
  • Slaintegrl
    Slaintegrl Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Apparently the OP hasn't been paying attention. :frown: Hasn't bothered to respond to any of us telling her to MHOB!!!!
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    Couldn't agree more. Perfectly stated :smile:

OP...is that you?