Replies

• MrsK20141004
    MrsK20141004 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Awesome post :)
  • SugaryLynx
    SugaryLynx Posts: 2,640 Member
    Options
    I maintain at 1700, this I know to be true, because I have been using this site off and on for years. We are all special snow flakes. And yes I lift heavy. I'm a strong lil woman. I just have pcos and I'm on the other side of thirty. When I had my son I lost all the baby weight eating whatever I wanted. I only lifted him. Things change. Now I need to really watch everything that goes in my mouth. Losing half a pound a week right now netting 1200, eating about 1500 a day. Like I said. WE ARE ALL SPECIAL. I just am not 20 anymore. I was really special back then. Now i'm not I guess.
    Whoa.

I never said anyone wasn't special. ... I think you're taking this far too personally. My post was merely to encourage those to eat to fuel themselves and not eat the minimal amount possible for a scale goal. The scale is meaningless. Your self worth should come from within and learning sustainable habits and just because you aren't starving yourself doesn't indicate a lack of willpower.

Of course I'm not trying to dismiss medical reasons or that age doesn't factor into metabolic rate. Calm down and have a piece o' bacon!
  • SugaryLynx
    SugaryLynx Posts: 2,640 Member
    Options
    5'0, eat 1500 in the week and relax a little at the weekend, eat out and drink wine.

I'm maintaining/slowly losing and my body composition appears to be changing from the better. I'm stronger than I've ever been

I love food.

:)

:flowerforyou:
  • srslybritt
    srslybritt Posts: 1,618 Member
    Options
    Nice - mocking of the 'Yes, 1200 calories diet works' thread. Not bored are you? I will counter with go with what works for you. Neither a 1200 or 1650 calorie diet works for me.

So OP can't post what works for her, but the person with the "yay 1200" mantra can?
  • kbolton322
    kbolton322 Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    I like food.

tumblr_moimrorcr01r7o3vbo1_500.gif

^^^^ This is so me^^^^^
  • darlilama
    darlilama Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    I so need to make this

BaconWeaveElvis3.jpg

O-M-G. That may be the most beautiful thing I've ever seen. :love:
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    I just changed my weight goal to 125. I'm 67, 5'4" and currently 130. I want to lose some additional body fat, plus reduce my waist and hips and a trusted trainer at my gym said exercise alone won't do it. I also don't feel like starving myself so I set my daily goal to 1500 and I exercise six times a week giving me the opportunity to add back some additional calories. The plan says I will lose about a half pound a week, which is fine with me.
  • KylaDenay
    KylaDenay Posts: 1,585 Member
    Options
    Yes yes yes as a 5'3 woman I can totally appreciate this!
  • cingle87
    cingle87 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    This seems to be a response to the Yes, 1200 calorie diets work! thread just posted.

Nope, just a food dance party. Nuffin to see here

339t66p.jpg

ok, WHAT is that above and where can I see it!!!???

Type smithy saves red nose day 2011 into youtube full thing on there. Alot of british humour not sure our cousin from across the pond will get it :P