OMG WHO CARESSSSS

Options

Replies

• deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    Stuff I don't get on this thread because I'm English:
    - chik-o-fil?
    - Why she is Californinan? (or was it Florida?)
    - National donut day?
    - Cinamon apple choco frosted donuts? (or whatever it was...)
    - What most of you are saying most of the time?
    - Beercan and bacon in an English accent?
    - The random insult to Jac?

I understood the comment about grammar.

Also, not from this thread, but I've always wanted to ask -
    1. What is a twinkie? (as in, twinkie diet?)
    2. What is a corn dog?

Twinkie: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twinkie

Corn Dog: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corn_dog
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options
    - chik-o-fil?
    - National donut day?

2. What is a corn dog?

A twinkie is a yellow snack cake with cream filling.

A corndog is a hotdog on a stick that has been coated in cornbread batter and fried

The more you know.

tumblr_m5c270Jsa91qeba6m.gif
  • DebbieLyn63
    DebbieLyn63 Posts: 2,650 Member
    Options
    OH MAH LAWD. Why do people care how other people lose weight? If they're losing weight, GOOD FOR THEM. Cheer them on, don't tear them down. I mean, jeeeeeeeeeez!

You could look at my diary and say I eat wayyyyyyyyyyyy too much Chick-fil-a, but WHATEVS. I've still lost nine pounds and I'm only gonna KEEP losing, so YEUHHHHHHH.

Peace, love, and happiness, mon.

Do you really talk like that? Just curious

YEUH.

What are you, 12?
  • slimheavy
    slimheavy Posts: 1
    Options
    Yeah Keep Going strong!!!
  • skinnysushicat
    skinnysushicat Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    - chik-o-fil?
    - National donut day?

2. What is a corn dog?

A corndog is a hotdog on a stick that has been coated in cornbread batter and fried

The more you know.

Well thank you, very informative. We would just call a twinkie a cream cake I guess. You can get battered sausages in fish and chip shops, so I guess that's an equivalent - are they common foods, or for special occasions, or what? Food culture is interesting.
  • greengoddess0123
    greengoddess0123 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    - chik-o-fil?
    - National donut day?

Best comment on this thread.

Wait. Sorry. Forgot what thread this was: Besttttttttt comment EVARRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • bcf7683
    bcf7683 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    - chik-o-fil?
    - National donut day?

2. What is a corn dog?

The more you know.

Well thank you, very informative. We would just call a twinkie a cream cake I guess. You can get battered sausages in fish and chip shops, so I guess that's an equivalent - are they common foods, or for special occasions, or what? Food culture is interesting.

Twinkies = mainstream junk food available at every store in the US
    Corn Dog = Fair/festival food (mostly)
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    OH MAH LAWD. Why do people care how other people lose weight? If they're losing weight, GOOD FOR THEM. Cheer them on, don't tear them down. I mean, jeeeeeeeeeez!
    How does that not also apply to you?

Why do you care how much other people care about how other people lose weight and isn't tearing them down for it rather hypocritical of you?
  • ImSoOTired
    ImSoOTired Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    - chik-o-fil?
    - National donut day?

-Chick fil a is some sort of weird chicken fast food chain. I've not had the pleasure of eating any fil a yet.Unsure if I ever will.
    -Californian? I'm not sure.
    -National doughnut day because the first Friday in June is when we 'celebrate' the salvation army giving free doughnuts to WW1 soldiers.
    -There are many interesting doughnut flavors.
    -Can't help you there, I don't either.
    - Haha.
    -I don't know him, but perhaps it happens often.
  • roanokejoe49
    roanokejoe49 Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    The only thing I have to say about this thread is that Chik-fil-A can bite me because they hate my gay friends. When I found that out, I was really pissed because I loves me some chikn!
  • PinkCupcakes84
    PinkCupcakes84 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    The only thing I have to say about this thread is that Chik-fil-A can bite me because they hate my gay friends. When I found that out, I was really pissed because I loves me some chikn!

Me too. What a bummer
  • healthyscratch1978
    Options

Great point. Jerky ownership, great chicken sandwiches.
  • cindygoodpaster
    Options
    Nothing wrong with different perspectives ...

cc631df964cdb6c57f1ffcecf7d0e0fb.jpg

... but it's nice to at least try to stop people from spreading blatant misinformation that will hinder newbies from reaching their goals.

LOL I wasn't going to post just read the comments but I saw this and couldn't help myself!!! You are right about not hindering other peoples goals. What works for some doesn't work for others. Diet and exercise are important as it impacts your overall health but some people just want to be a certain number on a scale or tagged on their clothes which could lead to less then smart choices.

Not every perspective is a good one
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options

Please source where Chik-Fil-A came out and announced "hate" for anybody, because that it news to me.
  • Mischievous_Rascal
    Mischievous_Rascal Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    OH MAH LAWD. Why do people care how other people lose weight?

lawd.gif

This is the most disturbing thing I've seen all day. Thanks, thanks a lot.
  • kikityme
    kikityme Posts: 472 Member
    Options

Please source where Chik-Fil-A came out and announced "hate" for anybody, because that it news to me.

Through the WinShape Foundation, started by company founders Truett and Jeannette Cathy, Chick-fil-A donates to several Christian organizations, including The Marriage & Family Legacy Fund, The Fellowship of Christian Athletes and the National Christian Foundation. According to its statement, Chick-fil-A has given the groups $1,714,199. None of the organizations the company supports has an "anti-gay" agenda, although as Christian groups, they do uphold and support heterosexual marriage.

Chick-fil-A is "very much supportive of the family," according to Dan Cathy, president of the popular fast food chain. That is, "the biblical definition of the family unit, and that doesn't include Adam and Steve," he said.

But, they did stop funding to all but 1 of the anti-gay/"pro-family" organizations after the hubbub.
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    See it's not just the MFP forum where disagreement = hate.
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options

Through the WinShape Foundation, started by company founders Truett and Jeannette Cathy, Chick-fil-A donates to several Christian organizations, including The Marriage & Family Legacy Fund, The Fellowship of Christian Athletes and the National Christian Foundation. According to its statement, Chick-fil-A has given the groups $1,714,199. None of the organizations the company supports has an "anti-gay" agenda, although as Christian groups, they do uphold and support heterosexual marriage.

Chick-fil-A is "very much supportive of the family," according to Dan Cathy, president of the popular fast food chain. That is, "the biblical definition of the family unit, and that doesn't include Adam and Steve," he said.

But, they did stop funding to all but 1 of the anti-gay/"pro-family" organizations after the hubbub.

Thank you for the sources, those are great, but it didn't answer my question. Where did they announce "hate?" Everyone keeps saying CFA "hates" this group or that lifestyle, but I've gone through their official statements, and can't seem to find where said they hate anybody. The owner was just stating his personal beliefs. Anyone is welcome to disagree, of course, but to assign "hate" to a statement of beliefs one doesn't agree with is a little extreme.