30 Day Shred TEAM!

Replies

• swebb4209
    swebb4209 Posts: 99 Member
    I did day 7 of level 1 yesterday, and at days 5&6 I was fine and felt it was getting better! Yesterday was terrible! This is definitely hard work! At first I really enjoyed it, so I'm trying not to lose interest! Good luck to all y'all doing it :) & congrats on sticking with it & the progress you have made!
  • tskvaughn
    tskvaughn Posts: 114 Member
    Day 2 in the books!
  • ColourfulFiasco1
    ColourfulFiasco1 Posts: 37 Member
    I'm starting day 1 over again tomorrow. I couldn't finish today, but I had already done cardio in the morning so my legs were sore to begin with. If anyone wants to partner up, send me a friend request and let me know!
    I'm hoping to do 5 days of 30DS and then a day of running, so each level takes 12 days instead of ten. We'll see how that goes.
  • colourfulchaos
    colourfulchaos Posts: 43 Member
    Whoop last day of level 2! I was beginning to think the torture would never end lol
  • szkodzt
    szkodzt Posts: 124 Member
    I will join!

I finished day 7 of Level 2 this morning. Level 2 is WAYY harder than Level 1 but after 7 days I am finally able to do do the various things in plank pose without resting.

I have lost about 4 lbs since I started but have also lost inches (not sure how many, just took measurements for the first time last night). I am doing no other exercising (except for chasing after 3 kids!) but AM counting my calories closely which I was not doing before.

I did the first 9 days of Level 1 in a row and then took 3 days off (camping trip - no access to a DVD player!) and then did the last day of Level 1 and the first three days of Level 2 in a row. Took one rest day, three more days of Level 2 and then another rest day. I read on a different thred that Jillian recommends doing two days of shred, then one day of cardio and one day of rest. For some reason I feel like I need to complete it as soon as possible :)

I really like the workout (challenges me!) and for me I like the "30 day" motivator. Even with planned rest days (so longer than 30), I feel like the motivation to do it in the set time is what makes me get out of bed in the morning to do it.

My plan is to try the Ripped In 30 next but this time do the 2 days, 1 day of cardio, 1 day of rest.
  • suegreg77
    suegreg77 Posts: 14 Member
    Day 1 of Level 2... Holy $#!%!!! I had been feeling fairly chuffed with myself for conquering level 1, but this morning was absolute torture. The moves seem a lot faster and my coordination when combining arm and leg movements went out of the window, plus all the plank based exercises were nigh on impossible. I know results don't come easy - it's incredibly tempting to return to level 1 and just continue with that, but I want Anita's abs so I'll be giving level 2 another try tomorrow morning... wish me luck! :-)
  • tskvaughn
    Day 4 in the books! Due to my back issues I am having some difficulty with some of the moves. I just ave to ake everything lower impact. Instead of jumping jacks I just do more punches. The last ab move with the legs really strained my back. Anyone have any ideas? My disc problems are extreme lower back.
  • ajff
    ajff Posts: 986 Member
    I have been alternating 30DS with walking (with a bit of jogging thrown in for good measure -- what is that called, interval training?). Yesterday was my 5th day, and I finally stopped hating Jillian (sorta!). The thing I have noticed is that on my off days I am able to jog farther and easier. So maybe at the end I'll love Jillian (when I am jogging with a bit of walking thrown in!). At any rate, tomorrow morning Jilian and I have a date!
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    30 DS has been sitting on my shelf with the shrink-wrap still on for over two months due to my complete fear of the pain! Thanks, everyone, for your feedback. I'm starting to feel "ready" to open it up and begin. It helps to know that, with time, it gets better.

I am sure I will alternate it with my every-other-day cardio, so it will be a 60 day shred for me!

I have a 30 DS waiting for me too. I ordered it, with the intent of starting on July 1 because I had a bunch of things to take care of this month. I am planning to add it to my regular routines, which are mostly at noon or in the evening. I am an early riser and have occasionally done a fitnessblender routine first thing and it's a great start to the day, so that's what I'm going to do with 30DS. in July.
  • herewego85
    herewego85 Posts: 76
    How is level 3? Any less torturous than level 2? All these planks are kill me LOL
  • I'm currently on level 3 day 4 and although I love the programme and I've noticed a huge difference in my endurance, I'm feeling bummed.... Only lost 3lbs and my inch loss has stayed the same since the end of week one... I'm having 1200 calories and log the 30DS as 30 min of circuits which brings my calorie intake up to just under 1500. I will complete the programme because I'm so near the end but I'm wondering if I'm eating too much/little, not enough cardio.... I don't know!!! Any advice appreciated!!! ;-/
  • Level 3 def the best!! Well it's my favourite anyway :happy:
  • Jennifer076
    Jennifer076 Posts: 275 Member
    I did 30DS awhile back and had great results, just stick with it. Now that my kids are finally out of school, I am going to make myself a plan this weekend to get back on track. I took some time off because I was proud of what I had accomplished, but now it's back to the grind, time to get those JM dvd's back out!!! Happy losing everyone!!! And me if you would like.
  • Sauleeh
    Sauleeh Posts: 83 Member
    Finished Level 2 today! Don't see a huge difference in my body ( no weight loss, very little inches lost), but I feel more defined, especially in my arm muscles. Feel like they are bigger... (Still has a layer of fat on them, so you can't really tell)
  • herewego85
    herewego85 Posts: 76
    Thanks guys. I am looking forward to moving on to Level 3 next week. I have not lost much weight yet either. I do however notice quite a big difference in my endurance and energy levels. I am starting to see some definition in my arms in legs as well.
  • tskvaughn
    Reporting in for Day 7 Level 1. Today I raised my weight to 3 lbs for all but the over head lifts. We may extend by a few days. Daughter missed 2 days due to work and school. I was out of town but had the video with me. I told her she needed to make herself do this. It is 20 minutes.
  • jcreazy
    jcreazy Posts: 50 Member
    I've never completed week one but I found it helps to mute the TV and play music instead.
  • iwillthinkof
    iwillthinkof Posts: 37 Member
    You've all given me so much motivation. I have been putting off working out because of my exams but I guess now it's time. Thank you! :)

Anyone on here to do this program with?
  • BusyCyclist
    BusyCyclist Posts: 41 Member
    Started Level 3 yesterday. It's tough!

I'm seeing a huge difference all over. My legs have hardly any cellulite, my arms are more defined and I have visible abs :-) not much weight loss though. I found it too hard to stick to a low cal diet and do the workout every day. Only 9 more workouts!
  • emkelsall
    emkelsall Posts: 39 Member
    I just started yesterday....as of this moment in time Jillian Michaels is NOT my favorite person!!! My legs are killing me, but I assume that means my body is seeing some benefit from it. When do you go from level one to level two? I am using the youtube videos so I don't have any of the support information that comes with the DVD.