30 Day Shred TEAM!

Replies

• LynneW1983
    LynneW1983 Posts: 1,161 Member
    Did level one day 2 today and my knees hurt. Anyone experience that? Looking for buddies to keep me pushing. Trying to looose the baby weight.
    Also i was thinking of buying jillian michaels body revolution anyone try that?

You get loads of her DVDs on amazon really cheap you could do a mix of those and save loads of money. I started ripped in 30 yesterday, I go to classes that are stopping so need to get workout plan sorted.
  • chezzabelle82
    chezzabelle82 Posts: 302 Member
    Did level one day 2 today and my knees hurt. Anyone experience that? Looking for buddies to keep me pushing. Trying to looose the baby weight.
    Also i was thinking of buying jillian michaels body revolution anyone try that?

You get loads of her DVDs on amazon really cheap you could do a mix of those and save loads of money. I started ripped in 30 yesterday, I go to classes that are stopping so need to get workout plan sorted.

What's ripped in 30 like??
    I was thinking of buying it when I have done the 30 day shred
  • szkodzt
    szkodzt Posts: 124 Member
    I started day 1 of Level 3 today. I did find it easier than Level 2 (which many people say) but I felt very awkward the whole time. For some reason there were many moves my body had a hard time doing. Still a great workout though - pouring sweat when it was done! Hoping to feel a little more "in sync" with the moves as the days go on.

Results are the same as the others - not a done of weight loss (and will not be taking measurements until the end) but my clothes feel looser and I can definitely see definition in some spots - especially my arms!
  • emkelsall
    emkelsall Posts: 39 Member
    Whoa, day 2 is harder than day one!!!!!
  • tskvaughn
    tskvaughn Posts: 114 Member
    I am expecting inches lost from this, not weight. It is only 20 minutes a day and even if you were somehow going totally full out enough to burn 300 calories in 20 minutes, in 30 days that is just an extra 6000 calories which is less than 2 lbs. However along with reducing calorie intake there should be a difference.
    After 7 days today I tried on a pair of capris that were too tight to wear when I started (just a bit). Today I tried them on and the fit perfectly. We measured in the beginning and will measure at the end. As I said earlier, we may extend a few days.
    From what I hear, I am dreading level 2.
    Still having trouble with impact moves. I figure with 2 ruptured discs, I am better off with punching instead of jumping jacks. It is cardio and it works my arms also which need it badly!
  • Sauleeh
    Sauleeh Posts: 83 Member
    I am not liking level 3. All those jumps I can't do. My room is on the second floor, makes way too much noise. :S
  • AshleighCowie88
    AshleighCowie88 Posts: 100 Member
    Im starting this again tonight. I've never done level 2 because I can't plank!!! I only plan on doing this once or twice a week because Im also doing C25k 3 times a week and swimming twice.

I'll let you all know how I do!

P.S what size of hand weights do you all use?
  • IndieCharlotte
    IndieCharlotte Posts: 9 Member
    I don't really do it properly, I've decided to do level 1 for 30 days, then level 2, then level 3, i've had some good results when i've combined it with a low/ no carb (bread potatoes pasta etc) diet and no alcohol, i'm on day 11 and i've lost 5lbs
  • falilvx
    falilvx Posts: 52 Member
    oh,i'm just starting again today . it's kinda boring tht JM always repeat what she said XD but it still a great workout
  • BusyCyclist
    BusyCyclist Posts: 41 Member
    I don't really do it properly, I've decided to do level 1 for 30 days, then level 2, then level 3, i've had some good results when i've combined it with a low/ no carb (bread potatoes pasta etc) diet and no alcohol, i'm on day 11 and i've lost 5lbs

Nice! Maybe I should finally go low carb too ;)
  • tskvaughn
    Im starting this again tonight. I've never done level 2 because I can't plank!!! I only plan on doing this once or twice a week because Im also doing C25k 3 times a week and swimming twice.

I'll let you all know how I do!

P.S what size of hand weights do you all use?

Right now I use 2# weights for the overheads and 3# for the rest. My arms are weak. My daughter uses 3#s for the overheads and 5# the rest.
  • DSFfit
    DSFfit Posts: 133 Member
    This is my second time for 30day shred. I started in April the first time and finished it in May. I took rest days when I needed it.
    I was too scared of the scale back then to weigh in but I lost inches and people commented on my losing weight. I tried some other workouts after such as Burn Fat Boost Metabolism and although I liked it, it is twice as long and my endurance level isn't there yet.
    I started up on 30 day shred again about 2 weeks ago also doing dumbbell weight training every other day. I took two rest days for level 1 and will probably do the same throughout.
    One thing I have noticed that it is easier to do the moves this time because my stomach is smaller. I still sweat alot though.
    In April I used 3 and 5 lb weights, this time I am using 5 and mostly 8 lbs.

I tried to do some of Ripped in 30 last month but the moves seem to require more coordination which I don't have yet.
    Good luck everyone.
  • herewego85
    herewego85 Posts: 76
    I will be starting Level 3 in 2 days. I am looking forward to being done with all the planks. I do like the fact that I am starting to see some definition in my arms and legs. I might try one of Jillian's longer videos when I am done with the Shred. I cannot exercise outside when it is this hot so these videos are great.
  • krogers810x
    krogers810x Posts: 92 Member
    I wanted to jump into this thread - I just finished level 1, day seven :) I don't feel like I'm dying anymore! I am resolutely not weighing or measuring until I finish the level, but I feel good that I am sticking to it. I am using six pound hand weights, since they're all I have in the house. Here's to hoping for results!
  • Emsa1987
    Emsa1987 Posts: 16 Member
    Just finished day 2 of level one. Found it more difficult today than I did yesterday. Using 1.13kg dumbells. Really struggle to do the push ups at the beginning, I don't know whether I just don't have the strength in my arms, but I can't even do the easy version! :/ Hoping to stick with this though and also do running at the weekend. 28 days to go! :)
  • itsyeseniaaaaaa
    itsyeseniaaaaaa Posts: 33 Member
    I had attempted to do it about a month ago but gave up. I have started it again with day 1 of level 1 today and hope to make it through the whole 30 days. After reading about the results that you can get from doing this workout, I am more than excited to finish it and see what results I get!
  • xoxsahara
    xoxsahara Posts: 58 Member
    I'm thinking of taking a different approach! I've probably done level 1 about 12 times so far, spread out over the last month, consecutively in the past three days. I feel like I want to do it for one more week before advancing so that I feel more comfortable with all the movements (not at all comfortable enough, I STILL SWEAT A TON AND GET EXHAUSTED AT THE END!) but my plan is to do each level until I feel like I've "mastered" it, whatever that means.
  • NovaSur
    NovaSur Posts: 44 Member
  • herewego85
    herewego85 Posts: 76
    I had a hard time with the push ups in Level 1 as well. By the end of Level 1 I was able to do the modified version for the whole time. I still can only do a few actual push ups though. Keep up the good work. I personally believe it gets easier as the days go on.
  • tskvaughn
    Today is my last day of level one. Still can't do a regular push up, but am doing great on the modified. My arms are weak and need a lot of work. Yesterday I used 5# weights on all but the overheads and I used 3s on those. The lifts with anterior lunges were hard but I made it. I am especially proud I was able to do ALL of the last ab exercise (the bicycle one).
    I am dreading level 2. I don't even know what a plank is.
    By the way, I will be 60 in November and have had two ruptured lumbar discs. If I can do this anyone can. I do have to modify the impact moves (jumping jacks jump rope and butt kicks) but that is ok.