I hate protein drinks!!!

Options

Replies

• matai808
    matai808 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I appreciate everyone's response even the NEGATIVE ones????. I will try the almond milk blended with some type of fruit
  • kevinred55
    kevinred55 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    500 to 750ml of low fat Chocolate milk…. after your workout :happy:
  • crosstraindylan
    crosstraindylan Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I'm a muscle milk guy, I always end up with a clumpy protein shake lol.
  • FoxyLifter
    FoxyLifter Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    I am in love with About Time. Great prices, great taste, great protein/calorie ratio.

I agree with the coffee idea (black coffee is like 5 calories per 12 ounces). Very tasty!

I also like the unflavored option. I love to sneak in protein that way. Or just make a protein shake with the unflavored mix and add whatever you like. Experiment!
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    Trutein is DELICIOUS. I tried it, because it was always rated as the best-tasting on all the websites I went to when researching a good shake to buy. For good reason, all their flavors are amazing. I like vanilla best, for its versatility. I can mix anything in it and change the flavor.

Yeah, there's Trutein and then there's everything else. If you are buying something else, you are dumb.
  • paulperryman
    paulperryman Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    VItal Strength and Black Widow brands taste like milkshakes too me i only get the chocolate flavor and only blend with 600ML of water. Get yourself a shaker to break up the clumps. I even use the powder occasionally on ice cream but in those cases it tends to stick to the roof of your mouth and the bowl and your teeth:)

but as someone else said if you don't like the taste dont drink them, they aren't a necessity they are a convenience nothing more, you could get the same from eating normal foods it would just take in alot more stuff you don't necessarily want in the process like fat and sodium
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    If you hate them why drink them? I just don't understand

It was recommended that I drink some form of protein drink to help me feel full longer. I only get 1220 calories per day and to get 64 grams of protein a day i would have to eat nothing but leAn meats because I can't do dairy

You only need 64 grams of protein and you can't do it without a shake? That's crazy talk. 64g of protein is 256 calories out of your 1220 total for the day. Anyone can manage that easily.
  • paulperryman
    paulperryman Posts: 839 Member
    Options

It was recommended that I drink some form of protein drink to help me feel full longer. I only get 1220 calories per day and to get 64 grams of protein a day i would have to eat nothing but leAn meats because I can't do dairy

false, you could eat fish, you could eat nuts, turkey, mushrooms amongst other things, how do you think Vegans get by? they dont eat animal products period and vegetarians dont eat meat yet they can get enough protein.

and protein shakes contain dairy products useally in the form of Whey powder which is the left over bits of making milk and cheese so if you cant do dairy you cant do whey
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    There is something wrong with a food plan that makes it impossible to meet it without resorting to supplements. One of my cardinal rules (besides eat real food) is that I must enjoy everything that goes in my mouth.

Got to go. I have a steak on the grill right now.
  • kcmcd
    kcmcd Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Oh I like Muscle Milk chocolate. Right now I have the GNC brand Wheybolic something something vanilla. It's just ok. I used to blend the Muscle Milk with almond milk and ice and really like it (because sweetener, I'm sure). The Wheybolic isn't good blended. Better just shaken up. Again with almond milk.
  • CoffeeBugg
    CoffeeBugg Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Most Protein drinks I tried were awful tasting and felt gross in my mouth. Now I tend to just have a cup serving of Danon Light and Fit Vanilla Greek Yogurt. 18grams of protein and only 130 cals.
  • RadioactivePirate
    Options
    My favorite is Greek yogurt, frozen strawberries, milk, and a little splenda and vanilla. Tastes delicious, plenty of protein. No powder.
  • endermako
    endermako Posts: 785 Member
    Options
    I put .25c of blueberries, blackberries, strawberries with a cup of almond milk with mine and it tastes pretty good
  • gaelicstorm26
    gaelicstorm26 Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    I honestly just bought a small bottle of store-brand protein powder for adding into fruit smoothies. I didn't want to spend a lot of cash unless I found that I liked it. I don't really enjoy eating meat or meat substitutes and I find it hard to get my 145 g of protein daily, which can leave me feeling hungry.

Tonight my smoothie had 2.5 ounces strawberry, .75 ounces blueberry, a scoop of vanilla power, about 4 ounces of greek yogurt, and a 1/2 cup coconut milk. I added ice and blended. I'm really enjoying it.
  • TechLady11412
    TechLady11412 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Right now i'm using Jarrow unflavored/unsweetened protein powder, with water from the tap and a tablespoon of beef gelatin thrown in. Just shoot it down and keep it movin'

Then again i've been supplementing with protein since the early '90's, so i've had my share of good and not so good tasting brands/flavors. I'm to the point where i'm tired of all the flavor-hype LOL just give it to me straight buddy
  • lau68712
    lau68712 Posts: 1
    Options
    MusclePharm Banana Cream taste really good

My main two shakes:

1. 1/2 cup of strawberry, 1 banana, 8oz of skim milk, and 1 scoop of protein powder - taste like strawberry banana smoothie
    2. 8oz of skim milk, 1tbs of peanut butter, 4 ice cubes, and 1 scoop of protein powder - taste like PB banana milkshake

and of course, blended in my nutribullet
  • BeautifulSoul705
    BeautifulSoul705 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I love Labrada Lean Body Zero Sugar Bananas and Creme or Strwberries and Cream. 40 grams of Protein. Delish!!!
  • MissJay75
    MissJay75 Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    I couldn't stand mine, until I started doing this:

Mix 8 ounces of coffee, 2 ounces whole milk, sugar free vanilla syrup to taste. Toss in a bunch of ice cubes and (very important) drink with a straw. For me with 1 scoop of powder it's under 150 calories.

(The straw is because I use a whey based powder, which tastes OK, but smells yucky to me. If I drink from a straw, I can't smell it!
  • carolemack
    carolemack Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    It seems like everybody's using ice in their smoothies. I never have ice when I need it. I do have a lot of frozen chicken. I wonder if that would work.

Harried man from the Legal Department runs up, pants for a second, and takes a deep breath.

"Please don't try this at home. We on the internet do not condone nor endorse the consumption of raw chicken, even in frozen form. We will not be held liable if you're too stupid to realize, I mean, we strongly recommend that you follow all safe food handling protocols. If you need assistance, please go to a reputable source on the internet like foodsafety.gov. Thank you."

A few deep breaths. "I think we're safe, do you think we're safe. God I hope no one sues us. Wait, what do you mean the camera is still on?"

OMG...thanks for my laugh for the day! Who would have thought you would find such humour on a fitness site! Cracked me right up.:laugh: :laugh: :drinker:
  • teacherchana
    teacherchana Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Lean1 is by far the best tasting protein drink I have ever had. It has 20 grams of protein. I love it!!