gym locker room etiquette

Options
124»

Replies

• alpacapunch1989
    Options
    I use the gym at my apartment complex, and there is a creepy older guy who brings his own chair, laptop, coffee, etc and sits up in the corner of the room leeching off the free wifi. He just creeps me out because he'll watch people in the mirrors and... yeesh!
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    Well I went this morning to complain about old creepy dude. He wasn't even a gym member. Everyone just assume that he was. After several complaints they found out.

lol wut.

how did he get in if he wasn't a gym member?
  • AsaThorsWoman
    AsaThorsWoman Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    Lame! That is so gross and lame!

Ewww...

Hope they don't let him in no more!
  • dlopez907
    dlopez907 Posts: 27
    Options
    Well I went this morning to complain about old creepy dude. He wasn't even a gym member. Everyone just assume that he was. After several complaints they found out.

lol wut.

how did he get in if he wasn't a gym member?
  • VikVoorhees
    Options
    People who don't know wtf they are doing but walk around like they are Olympians. Or trainers who CLEARLY are just with a particular client to just take their money.
  • NonDebutante3dot0
    NonDebutante3dot0 Posts: 42 Member
    Options

Glad you complained!
  • SpicesOfLife
    SpicesOfLife Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Not to mention the fact that these days, maybe you're taking photos.

lol i wouldnt even have thought of that.. but youre not wrong :P
  • esanford2
    esanford2 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I never saw him workout . He would just hangout in locker room for hours at a time walking around naked bugging people. .

Lmao:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • nolabone
    nolabone Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Did not think that would be the conclusion. O_o
  • MysteriousMerlin
    MysteriousMerlin Posts: 2,270 Member
    Options
    Stare at his kibbles & bits while licking your lips...if he's going to make you uncomfortable, you should make him feel the same way. :wink:
  • Nt2Badhuh
    Nt2Badhuh Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I hate when girls are in the locker room taking a bunch of pictures....Like I'm changing and I'd really love to not be in the background of your Facebook photo....

also since you guys are all talking about disgusting things lol

I was in the sauna and this lady started doing naked calisthenics in there... She didn't even care enough to angle herself to where she wasn't directly flashing me... it was....unique....lol
  • kdeaux1959
    kdeaux1959 Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    I'm a member of two gyms (both with two locations which I've been at) and I've never met up with this type person, actually. We all just try to slide in, do our business, and leave. The one thing that really does bother me is when people leave their stuff laying around the gym and leave it... towels on the equipment, etc... You don't know if they are leaving it to come back to as part of their circuit or what... Takes a while to determine that the equipment is free. Another thing is leaving heavy weights racked on the machines or bars. I've seen people leave 100 lb (45 kg) weights on the leg press machine (on the machine backward so they are hard to grip) for the female staff on duty to have to try to re-rack... I've also seen 19 y-o new lifters have to try to manhandle those off the leg press machine so they could use it... (yes, I did help them get it off)... Finally, the groupies sitting on a machine or in front of the dumb bell section talking, texting, etc. The one other thing I can think of that really does not bother me but amuses me is the person slowly bicycling while leisurely reading a book or texting on their phone... Like that is going to do any good.

Things I admire are the notably overweight or otherwise non-fit people who come in and aggressively work out and really make an effort to change their bodies... Those folks rock.
  • melb_alex
    melb_alex Posts: 1,154 Member
    Options
    Every gym locker room has the naked gay/gal that wants to chat. Just get, get out, and avoid eye to eye (and genital area) contact :)
    How do you know that they are gay? Did they ask you out? They are probably just friendly people.

Sounds like you are making gay people out to be predators.

691910602160022853.jpg

perfect gif
  • melb_alex
    melb_alex Posts: 1,154 Member
    Options
    I hate when girls are in the locker room taking a bunch of pictures....Like I'm changing and I'd really love to not be in the background of your Facebook photo....

also since you guys are all talking about disgusting things lol

I was in the sauna and this lady started doing naked calisthenics in there... She didn't even care enough to angle herself to where she wasn't directly flashing me... it was....unique....lol

this

:noway: @sauna story
  • Yagisama
    Yagisama Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    There are people who take pictures in the locker room?! :noway:
  • SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,732 Member
    Options
    When people don't rack their weights. That pisses me off. The other day some dude was on the squat rack and left like 250lbs of plate up on the bar. I had been standing there, waiting for him to finish, and he just walks away and starts setting up his bench press. I walked over to him and said, "Hey, you done with the squat rack?" He said, "Yea all set bro." Clueless juicer...

I just had this problem tonight. RAAAAAGE!!!! Three 45 lb plate on each side, and ***I*** was the one who had to put them back when altogether they weigh almost as much as I do!! GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!