Your most dangerous food (mine almost got me shot)

Options
Yagisama
Yagisama Posts: 592 Member
The most dangerous food for me is pizza. I'm sure this is a common danger food. But it has been really dangerous for me.

I used to get an extra large combination pizza from my favorite pizza place. This pizza included sliced salami, pepperoni, Canadian bacon, linguica, ground beef and sausage, olives, mushrooms, and bell peppers. It was about 300 calories per slice and it was awesome.

I usually picked an extra large pizza after work and put it on the passenger seat and drove home. While driving I figured I could eat one slice. One became two, and then three, and then before I knew it half the pizza was gone. What kind of glutenous brute would eat more than half of an extra large pizza on the way home? Not I. So what I did at this point was pick the toppings from the other half. Ended up home with a half of a cheese pizza. And then ate a couple of cheese slices for good measure.

This happened so many times that I ended up putting the pizza in the trunk so my wife wouldn't end up with my defiled pizza slices. :laugh:

But what made me realize that I needed an intervention was when I was going to pick up the pizza and noticed a police barricade around the block where the pizza store was located. I guess they were looking for some suspect. They weren't going to stop me from my pizza so I squeezed passed the police cars. I ended up with police officers unholstering their sidearms and telling me to stop. I put both hands on the steering wheel right away to be on the safe side. They checked my car and looked into my trunk and they finally let me go. Then I got the pizza and was on my merry way.

I knew pizza was dangerous. But I had no idea it was THAT dangerous. Thankfully I have now mastered a zen level of control where I can eat "only" 2 or 3 pizza slices.

So, what is your danger food? :drinker:

Replies

• seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    Wow, that's a wild story!! :-D

My worst is probably cookies & milk. I don't buy or eat it very often...I do indulge in tons of other delicious sweets regularly (couple of times per week). But when I have a package of Oreos or Chips Ahoy cookies and a half gallon of milk in the house at the same time, it drives me freakin' nuts and I keep going in and getting a couple more, time after time.

A couple of years ago I got a divorce and moved to this executive studio apartment and in my fridge there were like 5-6 healthy foods and some milk. In the cabinet, just a package of Oreos or Chips Ahoy. At all times. For a few weeks I basically lived on those, and forced down some veggies and protein to not be a complete sloth...lol. TOTAL comfort food for me. That was before MFP though!

Since joining MFP last March (2013) I haven't bought a big package. I've just grabbed the roll packets 2-3 times, which have like ten or so (?) cookies. Those never lasted more than a day or so. But if I didn't have milk, I could leave them unopened for weeks with no problem...gotta have the MILK for dunking, too.
  • ness8484
    ness8484 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Breadsticks of any kind. There's no limit it's my weakness. There's a hot box pizza that serves a slice and 6 hearty breadsticks for $5.99 at lunch. I usually cut the slice in half and eat half the breadsticks but by 3pm I'm in the bag again eating the others for a "snack". But really any kind of breadsticks I will eat and eat happily. I actually try NOT to eat at places wtih breadsticks very often because of the temptation.
  • PinkCupcakes84
    PinkCupcakes84 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Chocolate cake is very dangerous for me. If I'm anywhere near it, it won't end well.
  • HereLieWe
    HereLieWe Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Bread and any kind of dessert, but mostly bread. I can go through an entire loaf in a day. I love the crusty artisan bread, especially when it's slightly stale. I drench it in balsamic vinegar.
  • Amandawith3kids
    Amandawith3kids Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    chocolate no bake cookies. i made them the other day and i cant stop thinking about them. at 212 calories for ONE cookie it sucks. i cant even look at the container without mentally tasting them. i gotta make the kids eat them tonight or something LOL
  • pensierobello
    pensierobello Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    I'm a total cheese fiend but actually poppy and sesame seed thins. If I open a packet, I will get through the entire thing in one go. I've had to stop buying them because of this! They are my biggest danger.

I've also had previous problems with a crisp addiction. It's under control now, but I prefer not to have them in the house - I buy pretzel sticks etc to avoid temptation. When I was at university I would just munch through a huge bag of Doritos and wash it down with 2L of Diet Coke. And when I was at primary school my mum found dozens of empty crisp packets in my desk while decorating one summer. In my defence, I was being bullied at the time and had started comfort eating - the path that led me to my current weight.
  • sodakat
    sodakat Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    Hah! I thought you were going to say you almost got shot picking wild asparagus or morel mushrooms. People keep the location of any patch they know of very secret!
  • ryantrimble12
    ryantrimble12 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    my biggest danger foods: cinnamon rolls, french fries, and any kind of chips and dip

I just completely stay away from cinnamon rolls now. Occasionally I will still buy a tub of french onion sour cream dip and some ruffles chips...that dip only lasts about two days. Luckily I've gotten better at adjusting the rest of my day food-wise so that these splurges don't send me spiraling out of control (definite possibility every time)
  • missylectro
    missylectro Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter
  • Swiftlet66
    Swiftlet66 Posts: 729 Member
    Options
    Puffer fish.
  • CarrieAnnH14
    CarrieAnnH14 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    For my - it is cheetos! One taste and I obsess over them until the bag is empty. I don't buy them anymore - I can control myself around other types of chips though.
  • fr053n
    fr053n Posts: 2,793 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter. It's even worse if it's the natural kind, because I'm convinced it's "healthy" and eat more D:
  • algebravoodoo
    algebravoodoo Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    I have been craving Eggo waffles, we are talking pregnancy-level craving, as in I can smell them and there are not even any in the house! Since this is a food item I generally consider to be garbage food, it is not only dangerous but weird!
    :sad: I wants me so Eggos!! :laugh:
  • Yagisama
    Options
    Peanut butter. It's even worse if it's the natural kind, because I'm convinced it's "healthy" and eat more D:

Peanut butter is healthy and I refuse to hear anything that states otherwise. :wink:

After a workout, especially one that involves weights, my go to snacks involve a combination of cheese and peanut butter. I try to stick to one or two spoonfuls. :drinker:
  • fatcity66
    fatcity66 Posts: 1,544 Member
    Options
    Any kind of chips...I love salty stuff, especially with french onion dip made with sour cream and lipton soup mix. I used to be able to eat a whole bag of Fritos scoops with a tub of dip. Also, cheesy garlic bread/pizza bread. I would just order that instead of pizza from Papa John's.
    I rarely buy chips at all any more, I stick to almonds or other nuts to get my salt fix. And I only ever eat pizza if work is buying. Which tonight, they are. :P
  • lioness803
    lioness803 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Buffalo chicken dip, girl scout cookies-I swear they put crack in those!
  • Left4Good
    Left4Good Posts: 304
    Options
    Cinnamon Buns, Brownies (when they are almost raw), Fugashi, Coke-a-Cola.
  • DCarter1701
    DCarter1701 Posts: 45 Member
    Options

Yes, this. When I developed an allergy to legumes, I couldn't eat peanut butter anymore and I was one sad panda. Then I discovered sunflower seed butter, almond butter...let's just say I don't buy nut butters at all anymore. If I want almonds I buy regular almonds and eat those one at a time.
  • amylynnrobert
    amylynnrobert Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    chocolate. anything chocolate. I made date energy balls with cocoa powder and chocolate chunks and I have to force myself not to eat all 2 dozen in one sitting. its killing me right now.
  • Yagisama
    Options
    Sprouts Farmers Market has some excellent almond butter. I've never tried the sunflower seed butter, but I will.