Your most dangerous food (mine almost got me shot)

Options

Replies

• starrylioness
    starrylioness Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Macaroni and cheese and pizza. I can't stop eating either of them until I've eaten it all so I just don't buy it or keep it in the house anymore.
  • kallistei
    kallistei Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Omg, mac n cheese and pizza are my worst ones. Also Oreos D:
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    One of my favorite hole-in-the-wall Chinese food places where I used to live had a couple of bullet holes in the exterior glass. Didn't stop me from eating/picking up food there.
  • Yagisama
    Yagisama Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    One of my favorite hole-in-the-wall Chinese food places where I used to live had a couple of bullet holes in the exterior glass. Didn't stop me from eating/picking up food there.

I grew up in Los Angeles. If I let bullet holes stop me from going to a place, I would never have left the house. :wink:
  • _KitKat_
    _KitKat_ Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    Never actually been in mortal danger from a food.

My weakness is Black & White drizzled Kettle Corn, thank god I have only found it around Christmas time...and if anyone tells me where to find it year round, I may have to hunt them down.

My other weakness is not a particular food, it is the cook. My youngest daughter loves to bake and cook. She often bakes chocolate chip cookies, brownies, and cinnamon rolls....she also insists that I try some and brings them to me on a nice plate with napkin, smiling. I think secretly she is trying to sabotage me :grumble: I got good at just having a bite or only 1 cookie but saying "No" completely, she looks at you like you crushed her.
  • countscalories
    countscalories Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    This is going to sound weird, but lox is my danger food. Yes, I said LOX. Not the bagels, not the cream cheese, but the lox. I only allow myself to have it on Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, and New Year's Day. I buy 3 small (3 oz) packages of it, and once they're gone, they're gone. It's not the calories that are my concern in this case; if I didn't control myself, I'd eat so much lox that I'd glow in the dark from the sodium it contains. That said, I'd knock down the Good Humor Man and hurtle his ice cream truck to get to a piece of lox.

Funny thing, I happen to be allergic to "regular" salmon (gives a whole new meaning to the phrase "salmon run")...
  • JusticejamesbMBA
    JusticejamesbMBA Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    This is going to sound weird, but please don't laugh; ketchup. I can down an entire bottle of ketchup in one sitting! I put it on everything, chips, pizza, french fries, eggs, spaghetti, toast, anything, I'm totally addicted! I took it all out of my house a few weeks ago and promised myself I wouldn't buy it anymore. 2 weeks down, the rest of my life to go.
  • heatherseeg
    heatherseeg Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I can't believe no one has my addiction - cold cereal with milk. I can't stop after just one bowl.
  • AnnBassham
    AnnBassham Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    My downfall is candy bars, Snickers, Kit Kats, Baby Ruth, Mars bars. You get the idea. I was so bad when I would go to the store to get candy bars; I would eat several on my way back home so nobody new how many I had eaten.
  • disneygallagirl
    disneygallagirl Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    Nutella. ..no such thing as moderation with this so I rarely buy it.
    Also mixed nuts that include cahews, hazel nuts, pecans, Brazil nuts.
  • Yagisama
    Options
    Hah! I thought you were going to say you almost got shot picking wild asparagus or morel mushrooms. People keep the location of any patch they know of very secret!

I have no idea they were so coveted, but makes sense since asparagus tends to be on the pricey side. I will definitely appreciate it more in the future! :O
  • itsbasschick
    itsbasschick Posts: 1,584 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: i'm still in los angeles - us angelinos have to learn to duck :wink:
    I grew up in Los Angeles. If I let bullet holes stop me from going to a place, I would never have left the house. :wink:
  • Yagisama
    Options
    :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: i'm still in los angeles - us angelinos have to learn to duck :wink:

Ha! I'm coming back next month. That's why I'm trying to lose weight. So I can outrun the bullets! :laugh:
  • maisid
    maisid Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Kanelsnegl (Danish cinnamon pastry) I love love love these... I am not allowed to eat them at the moment, because of the fodmaps in them, but they will be first thing I will eat when trying out which fodmaps I do tolerate!!

The EU is actually considering regulating the amount of cinnamon on these, since they are at a enourmous level! Us Danes do not want to hear anything about the risk of eating too much cinnamon! We sure love our kanelsnegle.
  • Yagisama
    Options
    I used to love a pastry called Franzbrötchen when I was living in Hamburg !! :drinker:
  • DrNerdy
    DrNerdy Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    In Tokyo, Shinjuku to be more precise, there is a Shakey's pizza that has an all you can eat pizza option. It's not a buffet table (like their other locations). You can keep order pizzas and one time I think I ate 5 or 6 "large" pizzas. In my defense, their large is a bit smaller than the US medium. Don't judge me, I don't do this anymore. :O

Also, many places in Tokyo have all you can drink beer. Most of the time you can pay a little more and have them include liquor (whiskey,etc) also. Since there is so much easily accessible public transportation, you don't have to worry about a designated driver! :drinker:

Is this close to the train station? It sounds amazing...
  • Yagisama
    Options
    Shakey's? It's very close to the train station.

http://shakeys.jp/store/shinzyuku/

Although I've been to the one in Takadanobaba a lot more.

http://if90.net/2009/08/13/shakeys-pizza-japan/

As for all you can drink beer and liquor? That's all over the place. Especially in many places in Ginza. There's beer in the same style as soda drinking fountains. Though in many places they give you a time limit (60 minutes).

I've been shown the door quite a few times. :drinker:
  • SusieFerret
    Options
    Cookies and pizza. Definitely those.

For pizza, you know, one more slice can't hurt, right? And for cookies it is more of a NOM NOM oh they're all gone. I think I'd be fine just eating those two foods, if it came to just eating what I liked ;)

Luckily, every week Friday is pizza day for me and my partner, and so I don't get the chance to binge on it, because I know come Friday there will be some deliciousness for me. We also make it ourselves, so I can control what is in it... Still longing for a really sinful Domino's one though...

I haven't nearly gotten shot over a pizza; that was a wild story!
  • nezbit88
    nezbit88 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I think my most dangerous 'food' is alcohol. I had never properly calorie counted before but after using MFP I realised I was drinking sometimes close to what I was eating. I doubt I have ever consumed over 1700 daily in the past ten years however finishing off a ****ty day a work with a bottle of red regularly soon put me over what I should be consuming.

....but yes Pizza. I haven't eaten cheese in weeks. Don't get me started haha.
  • nezbit88
    nezbit88 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Haha, well at least you were dedicated! Hilarious story although I'd probably give it a shot for a pizza right now.