Working out in High Heels!

Options
I'm going to start wearing my stilletos when I work out. I got the thought to do this so I started researching if it would be helpful! It stated not only does it help to tone every thing more, but it also strengthens the pelvic muscles! And that's a win win for every one! LOL Here are some of the exercises it suggested doing in heels.

"Do squats: Have you ever noticed how great Julissa Bermudez's butt looks? The Dominican TV Host has a rear that can easily compete with J.Lo's and she has her high heels to thank for that. She does squats regularly with her high heels on. Try wearing your highest stilettos the next time you attempt to do some squatting exercises, but start off doing less reps than usual. You might not be able to handle the intensity!
Lunges: If you're going to do lunges in heels, try a pair that features a lower, and thicker heel. You don't want to lose your balance and wind up falling. Try doing 2 to 3 sets of 15 to 20 reps. This is a great way to tone up your butt, quads, and inner thighs.
Dance: There's a reason why professional dancers tend to rehearse in their high heels. Not only do they need to get used to dancing in their tacones for the day of the performance, but I'm convinced it helps work out their legs more than usual. Seriously, have you ever seen a professional dancer with so-so looking legs? I didn't think so! The next time you decide to go dancing, whether at a club or around your living room, make sure to throw on those heels.
Plié: Here's another move that will definitely give your butt some lift. Start off standing with your feet wide apart (in heels of course) with your toes turned out and your arms at your sides. Now lower your body into a plié squat and while you go down, raise your arms in front of you, shoulder height with palms facing down. Hold the position for 3 seconds and then continue with 10 reps.
Warning: Your booty will hurt afterwards. Work out those calves: Strengthen those calf muscles by repeatedly going up a flight stairs with high heels on. You'll feel it almost instantly and the best part is you'll be working your thighs and your butt simultaneously. It might sound silly but it really works! "

I love this! I'm already trying it in a pair of 5" heels (they are the easiest pair for me to stand and walk in for long periods) and you can definitely feel the pull more!

But of course be careful! If you're not comfortable in heels try a smaller heel, wedges, or those sneaker heels!

Replies

• JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    might I suggest you get under a barbell and just lift weight rather than potentially breaking your ankle??

I've got a great *kitten*.

I never squat in heels.

too much risk- bad form and just... yeah- oh

there's a video for this!!!
    AH HA

found it
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y50POlvKRyw
  • nikilis
    nikilis Posts: 2,305 Member
    Options
    yeh. sounds like a great way to snap your ankle in half.
  • BlackRose101
    BlackRose101 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I can only squat in heels otherwise I fall over.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    I have a hard enough time keeping my balance in running shoes. This just sounds like a bad idea to me.
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    Yeah….I'm gonna go with "no." Lifting heavy things in high heels just seems like a recipe for disaster.
  • nikilis
    nikilis Posts: 2,305 Member
    Options

Just incase you cant see her toning the crapspackle out of her ankle, here it is in all its freeze frame glory.

SDOmxJt.png

I'm 100% sure, she never did that again, and possibly, never walked right after that.

game over.

Side Bar question: How do you think she got the big bandage on her arm?

maybe trying to pole vault with a chainsaw?
  • conqueringsquidlette
    conqueringsquidlette Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS9aiicMzUtJ5ZAQZS_tAVmtPmjrc_P-IVYcHzZ9PvP25Gf6Fzo-p_bZmBi
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options

Just incase you cant see her toning the crapspackle out of her ankle, here it is in all its freeze frame glory.

SDOmxJt.png

I'm 100% sure, she never did that again, and possibly, never walked right after that.

game over.

big fat thumbs up on the freeze frame.

I knew I watched that video way back when for a reason!!!
  • spirit095
    spirit095 Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    I can barely walk in heels. Thinking of squatting in heels blows my mind. This is a recipe for disaster and more.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Yeah.. no.
  • Booksandbeaches
    Booksandbeaches Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    It gives a new meaning to "hitting the gym".
  • Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    Options
    Umm, no. I'll stick to my chucks or vibrams
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    NO.
  • 2BeHappy2
    2BeHappy2 Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    My cousin who wanted to always look "good" swore she would never wear sneakers (except for her job because it was required).
    When she would come to visit we'd do the whole mall trip...going to different 1's in 1 day.
    When I would see what she was wearing I'd caution her "are you sure that's what you want to wear" (besides the weather conditions in Nov), she assured me that's what she'd brought to wear.
    For me it wasn't that I was trying to take her joy away from the fashion of her wearing heels but just being realistic of doing a lot of walking.
    Im sure everyone knows the saying no pain, no gain...in her situation the results of her heel wearing days are very much over.
    2 yrs ago she started having severe pain...
    http://archive.wltx.com/news/health/article/170640/291/High-Heels-Can-Do-Serious-Damage-Study-Says.
    She now wishes she could've had a different mentality on the whole "heels" theory.
  • Will_Thrust_For_Candy
    Will_Thrust_For_Candy Posts: 6,109 Member
    Options
    Ummmm the only "working out" you should be doing in stiletto's is the type of "working out" that involves a pole and/or lap dance and your significant other.

Bad idea OP.
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    My mom always wore heels. Now she always has to wear them. Her tendons shortened and now it hurts her to walk flat.
  • marvybells
    marvybells Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options

SDOmxJt.png

game over.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • marvybells
    marvybells Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    My mom always wore heels. Now she always has to wear them. Her tendons shortened and now it hurts her to walk flat.

wow, that sucks. i'm sorry to hear that. Are there any stretches or anything else that she can do to try to reverse the damage?
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    I'm going to start wearing my stilletos when I work out. I got the thought to do this so I started researching if it would be helpful! It stated not only does it help to tone every thing more, but it also strengthens the pelvic muscles! And that's a win win for every one! LOL Here are some of the exercises it suggested doing in heels.

"Do squats: Have you ever noticed how great Julissa Bermudez's butt looks? The Dominican TV Host has a rear that can easily compete with J.Lo's and she has her high heels to thank for that. She does squats regularly with her high heels on. Try wearing your highest stilettos the next time you attempt to do some squatting exercises, but start off doing less reps than usual. You might not be able to handle the intensity!
    Lunges: If you're going to do lunges in heels, try a pair that features a lower, and thicker heel. You don't want to lose your balance and wind up falling. Try doing 2 to 3 sets of 15 to 20 reps. This is a great way to tone up your butt, quads, and inner thighs.
    Dance: There's a reason why professional dancers tend to rehearse in their high heels. Not only do they need to get used to dancing in their tacones for the day of the performance, but I'm convinced it helps work out their legs more than usual. Seriously, have you ever seen a professional dancer with so-so looking legs? I didn't think so! The next time you decide to go dancing, whether at a club or around your living room, make sure to throw on those heels.
    Plié: Here's another move that will definitely give your butt some lift. Start off standing with your feet wide apart (in heels of course) with your toes turned out and your arms at your sides. Now lower your body into a plié squat and while you go down, raise your arms in front of you, shoulder height with palms facing down. Hold the position for 3 seconds and then continue with 10 reps.
    Warning: Your booty will hurt afterwards. Work out those calves: Strengthen those calf muscles by repeatedly going up a flight stairs with high heels on. You'll feel it almost instantly and the best part is you'll be working your thighs and your butt simultaneously. It might sound silly but it really works! "

I love this! I'm already trying it in a pair of 5" heels (they are the easiest pair for me to stand and walk in for long periods) and you can definitely feel the pull more!

But of course be careful! If you're not comfortable in heels try a smaller heel, wedges, or those sneaker heels!

You have got to be trolling. But in case you're not, yeah... Horrible idea. Quick route to the ER.
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    Darn, someone beat me to it! Saw that earlier today.