Working out in High Heels!

Options

Replies

• emmanap91
    emmanap91 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Every time I look at that still from the deadlifting video makes me gag. Reminds me of this, but with more ouch.

g0Ohv.gif

I can barely walk in high heels on the reg, so I'm definitely not exercising in them.

Once, I did wear knee-highs boots (heeled, obviously) to a strip-aerobics class when I was 16. I was much braver - and dumber - back then.
  • addysolari
    addysolari Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    All booty-inducing benefits heels might have you'd screw your back up because your feet are so far off the floor. Do yourself a favour and avoid the gimmicks.
  • lisalsd1
    lisalsd1 Posts: 1,521 Member
    Options
    I see someone beat me to posting the video of the woman snapping her ankles. Yeah, bad idea.

BTW, my butt is huge, and I have never even worn a pair of heels...ever.
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    NO. Worst idea ever. If you want to target the butt a little differently, squat with a weight plate or two tucked under your heel, but please for the love do NOT squat in heels.
  • Wonderob
    Wonderob Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    You can have the best of both worlds

There's a woman at our gym who can't keep away from the muscle guys there (certainly not me I might add!). She works out and flirts with them every time I see her.

She obviously thinks she looks at her best though in short skirts and high heels because every now and again she will come into the gym with her best going out gear and high heels, do a lap of the gym pretending she is looking for something with her finger on her chin and puzzled look on her face, then walks out again when she is certain everyone has seen her.
  • Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member
    Options
    I'm going to start wearing my stilletos when I work out. I got the thought to do this so I started researching if it would be helpful! It stated not only does it help to tone every thing more, but it also strengthens the pelvic muscles! And that's a win win for every one! LOL Here are some of the exercises it suggested doing in heels.

that-sounds-stupid.jpg
  • Left4Good
    Left4Good Posts: 304
    Options

Just incase you cant see her toning the crapspackle out of her ankle, here it is in all its freeze frame glory.

SDOmxJt.png

I'm 100% sure, she never did that again, and possibly, never walked right after that.

game over.

Side Bar question: How do you think she got the big bandage on her arm?

maybe trying to pole vault with a chainsaw?

nop-nope-octopus.gif
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    My mom always wore heels. Now she always has to wear them. Her tendons shortened and now it hurts her to walk flat.

wow, that sucks. i'm sorry to hear that. Are there any stretches or anything else that she can do to try to reverse the damage?

She hasn't found any yet.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Wow, of all the silly, crazy plans I've read....
  • Madame_Goldbricker
    Madame_Goldbricker Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    Ah yes do a plie in heels! Ballet that well known form of dance in heels. OP I suggest you try Irish dancing in heels too.

Oh to improve your pelvic area there's always kegels or pilates. Just a thought.
  • HelloDan
    HelloDan Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Just to go against the flow - Stilettos or platforms, clearly not stable and a big no, but 1-2" heel, that's stable rather than spiked, no problem at all. In fact there is a reason weightlifting shoes are designed this way.

Su-Dajin-Nike-Romaleos-Heels.jpg
  • Hendrix7
    Hendrix7 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    Just to go against the flow - Stilettos or platforms, clearly not stable and a big no, but 1-2" heel, that's stable rather than spiked, no problem at all. In fact there is a reason weightlifting shoes are designed this way.

but I only wear Prada?
  • 89nunu
    89nunu Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    755339.gif
  • SarahxApple
    SarahxApple Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I rarely criticise on these boards but yeah I can't even... fine dance in heels if you are going to do ballroom dancing and you have already learnt the routine, outside of that no. I did what the girl in this video did with her ankle playing hockey when I was 15, I now have long term ligament damage in my left ankle (partly because at the time no one really realised the extent of the damage it was only later I realised) I am 29 and I will always have problems with it. So if you want to f*** yourself up go right ahead with your plan.
  • HelloDan
    HelloDan Posts: 712 Member
    Options

but I only wear Prada?

lol, knew it was only a matter of time before you popped up!
  • Shawshankcan
    Shawshankcan Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    Wait, this isn't a joke thread?
  • darkrose20
    darkrose20 Posts: 1,139 Member
    Options
    might I suggest you get under a barbell and just lift weight rather than potentially breaking your ankle??

I've got a great *kitten*.

I never squat in heels.

too much risk- bad form and just... yeah- oh

there's a video for this!!!
    AH HA

found it
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y50POlvKRyw

I was just about to hunt this down and post it. Just SMH
  • Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,261 Member
    Options
    I can barely walk in heels. Thinking of squatting in heels blows my mind. This is a recipe for disaster and more.

+1
  • Titanuim
    Titanuim Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Another vote for it being a foolish idea.