Should I be offended? (Pt 2)

Options

Replies

• paulawatkins1974
    paulawatkins1974 Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    I am dying here! You're right you may have met the weirdest person on the planet LOL. I have a coworker that everytime she takes a day off due to diarrhea (which is often) she tells everyone. I thought SHE was the weirdest. (to me that stuff is personal just say you're not feeling well) Jeff has her beat!
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    your other co-worker was correct with the "weird as f***" comment

oh my days that whole post made me laugh so much!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

as for advice... err, sorry don't have any. Other than keep a container of air freshener handy.
  • yvie63
    yvie63 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for writing this post, I've had a really crappy day and was so miserable, then I read this and am PMSL. That is the funniest conversation ever!
  • jigsawxyouth
    jigsawxyouth Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    there would have been no way I could have heard someone fart and not giggle...
    I've been in yoga classes and would hear someone fart, and I would lose it...
    HOW COULD YOU KEEP A STRAIGHT FACE?!?!
  • healthyplans
    healthyplans Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Well I was needing a laugh... So thank you. I didn't catch part one and may save it til I need another laugh.
  • vjohn04
    vjohn04 Posts: 2,276 Member
    Options
    part 1 and 2. this made my day.

I was having a sad day... I am not anymore.

too funny!!!!!
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    This sort of reminds me of when I took my learning to ride motorcycle class. There was this guy and he kept burping. All kinds of burps, sometimes it sounded like something was going to come up. We had to do some classroom work in small groups, and it was like constant. It was disgusting. Then on another day when some of us were talking outside, this woman was talking about how uncomfortable it is to ride when it is really hot out, and Mr. Burp told her that is because she has "swamp *kitten*".

Oh, and he looked like this:

Tim-Robbins-Photos5.jpg
  • sarainiowa
    sarainiowa Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the update. I finally laughed today!
  • salladeve
    salladeve Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    This made me laugh, because when I go out with my grandma (she is 86), she farts constantly! She never says anything about it just keeps talking or walking. It doesn't matter where we are or who is around, she just lets em rip! So funny really.
  • paulawatkins1974
    paulawatkins1974 Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for writing this post, I've had a really crappy day and was so miserable, then I read this and am PMSL. That is the funniest conversation ever!
    OP had a "crappier" day HAHAHA
  • Pipsg1rl
    Pipsg1rl Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options
    I am dying here! You're right you may have met the weirdest person on the planet LOL. I have a coworker that everytime she takes a day off due to diarrhea (which is often) she tells everyone. I thought SHE was the weirdest. (to me that stuff is personal just say you're not feeling well) Jeff has her beat!

Man, why wouldn't she just say "medical condition" or even "IBS flare up." I mean, we all know that's what happens with IBS but you don't want to really think about it.
  • DavidSTC
    DavidSTC Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Wow.

The fart and stare-down episode was epic.

But, the "you don't police my farts" comment, gift donut and attempted hug take this story to new heights.

It's an SNL skit, except much funnier.

I am definitely going to tell my family about this. From now on, when one slips, I'll remind them how they don't police my farts, and I'll offer them a donut, and then a hug.

On a serious note, I really would write down what happened and date it, just so you have it in your records, even if you don't go to H.R. Because if Methane Pants Jeff actually does mess with you again, you should have that ready for H.R. He's obviously going to lie about what happened. "Fire, fire, pants on fire ... "
  • Jonesingmucho
    Jonesingmucho Posts: 4,902 Member
    Options
    I can't read anymore...
    The tears from laughter have blinded me...
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    :laugh:
  • kinkyslinky16
    kinkyslinky16 Posts: 1,469 Member
    Options
    I can't stop laughing for the 2nd day in a row. You are SO awesome! :flowerforyou: :laugh:
  • FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    I read this thread first. I went back and read the original thread to see if I was missing something, because to me, it's not social etiquette to confront someone about a single farting episode (or if you're going to, do it right then. Run after him and ask if he is ok or something.) I will act very casually when someone farts around me and watch as they scan my face to see if I heard it. Now, since it was a long fart and impossible to have missed, I probably just would have asked if he was ok or feeling sick.

I think I would have responded in the same way as Jeff. Or I would have wanted to but probably would have been beet red and stammered out an apology.

He sounds embarrassed. Possibly weird. But I think it's weird to police someone about one fart, too. I can't imagine having that conversation.

What does seem like some cause for concern is him trying to hug you despite not knowing you and him making comments about you being a minority. It's hard to say not witnessing the conversation and how the comment was made. Hugging was inappropriate, unless you happen to work at a very huggy place, which I doubt you do from the description. But again, I think that could have been another lack of social skills in an awkward and uncomfortable moment.
  • FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    PS: I didn't think this thread should pass without this honorable mention:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Gas_We_Pass
  • Lisa1971
    Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
    Options
    Omg! Freak wad!