To all parents.....Should I give this lady a tip?

Options
mnardi123
mnardi123 Posts: 59 Member
OK....my 14 year old daughter used a gift certificate yesterday to get a manicure at a local salon, my mom dropped her off and picked her up.

While having dinner last night she told me about how nice the manicurist was and how they shared that they both have migraine issues (my daughter is on several daily meds to control the migraines). The manicurist said she should talk to her mom about medical marijuana. She doesn't have to smoke it but could bake it into brownies, etc.

My daughter then told me the lady walked away from her and she still had the tip money I gave her in her pocket. Part of me says to take a ride to the salon and give the girl her tip, the other part of me says "Who the F*** does this girl think she is for talking to my kid about marijuana, medical or otherwise and screw the tip". What would you do?

Replies

• LoneWolf_70
    LoneWolf_70 Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    its always good to take medical advice from a manicurist.
  • Kitten2629
    Kitten2629 Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    While I personally would feel guilty about not tipping this is your call. That topic of conversation was unprofessional not to mention inappropriate topic for a 14 year old.
  • notamoment
    notamoment Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I feel like this is obviously a decision you should probably make on your own, i doubt she will even remember that she didn't get a tip from your daughter it is probably the last thing on her mind.
  • QueenE_
    QueenE_ Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't worry about the the tip now.
  • rowlandsw
    rowlandsw Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't give her a tip and i'd call her boss to complain. She wants to be a pothead but it's irresponsible to be talking to a teenager about it.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Huh? Is this for real? :huh: :huh: :noway:
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    If it is just the tip, dont even bother.
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    The tip is upto you.

Why this topic needs a thread IDK.

What's so bad about marijuana?!
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't give her a tip and i'd call her boss to complain. She wants to be a pothead but it's irresponsible to be talking to a teenager about it.

say what now?

eta: people who use medical marijuana are potheads? you seem quite uneducated on such matters. best to keep that stuff inside your head.
  • _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,641 Member
    Options
    The tip is upto you.

Why this topic needs a thread IDK.

What's so bad about marijuana?!

I forgot...pass the doritos...
  • Hophead43
    Hophead43 Posts: 1,634 Member
    Options
    I get guilty about not tipping. My sister used to wait tables and had a really bad experience one time and I will nver forget that. As far as the topic of dicussion .... that's a close one. Don't think that the woman in anyway was being malicious and let's not be naive about this...14 years olds know alot more about Pot than any of us think.
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options

say what now?

eta: people who use medical marijuana are potheads? you seem quite uneducated on such matters. best to keep that stuff inside your head.

Typical pothead response.

I bet you have tattoos and piercings too.
  • Sweetout
    Sweetout Posts: 153
    Options
    Exactly.
  • Galatea_Stone
    Galatea_Stone Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    So she just got up and walked away when your daughter's treatment was over? No tip for that. She should have done the professional thing and walked her to the front of the salon, which is how the tip thing is handled when there's a prepaid service.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    What does medical marijuana have to do with being a "pothead"?
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options

Agreed. I expect more than the tip. Otherwise, just forget about it.
  • _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options
    What would you do?

First I would preheat the oven to 350 degrees, 375 for a dark no-stick pan. Combine the eggs, brownie mix, vegetable oil, and stir till well blended. *Fold in the "special" ingredient. Spray the pan with a non-stick spray. Pour into pan and bake for about 35 minutes.

*Where not prohibited by law
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    What if she'd suggested Xanax? Or Melatonin? Where's the line here?

And too late for the "tip" but IN for the drug debate.
  • Keepcalmanddontblink
    Keepcalmanddontblink Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    Maybe bring her the tip and ask to speak to her privately. Is it possible to get an RX for this? If her doctor gave her one, than its her right to use it, but I would tell her that no one should be telling a teenager to smoke/eat pot.
    If she doesn't seem to care or does not have a prescription for it, than alert her boss, because I sure wouldn't want an employee working for me, while high, and doling out unsolicited and illegal advice to minors.