To all parents.....Should I give this lady a tip?

Options

Replies

• TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    Take the tip money and go buy a dimebag.
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    What would you do?

First I would preheat the oven to 350 degrees, 375 for a dark no-stick pan. Combine the eggs, brownie mix, vegetable oil, and stir till well blended. Fold in the "special" ingredient. Spray the pan with a non-stick spray. Pour into pan and bake for about 35 minutes.

You should use a double boiler pot and heat the special ingrediant to 120F for 45 minutes first, then add it to the mixture after straining the green leaf matter.
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    If she doesn't seem to care or does not have a prescription for it, than alert her boss, because I sure wouldn't want an employee working for me, while high, and doling out unsolicited and illegal advise to minors.

You are clearly clueless.
  • Keepcalmanddontblink
    Keepcalmanddontblink Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    If she doesn't seem to care or does not have a prescription for it, than alert her boss, because I sure wouldn't want an employee working for me, while high, and doling out unsolicited and illegal advise to minors.

Really? Enlighten me.
  • CCSavage88
    CCSavage88 Posts: 191
    Options
    You think for one second with all the news and information out there she is too young and naïve to know something about it?. And as a migraine sufferer myself when there is ANY form of relief from crippling pain I'd listen. The lady wasn't be malice at all. Medical marijuana is created in forms without THC you do not get "high" from it at all. If one sufferer can give another sufferer some insight to possible pain relief what's the big deal?. She's old enough to deal and understand the migraine pain she deals with, I would think you would be more focused on a possible way to relieve intense pain that we deal with but no your more worried about someone else informing her of an option for help.
  • jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,291 Member
    Options
    What would you do?

First I would preheat the oven to 350 degrees, 375 for a dark no-stick pan. Combine the eggs, brownie mix, vegetable oil, and stir till well blended. Fold in the "special" ingredient. Spray the pan with a non-stick spray. Pour into pan and bake for about 35 minutes.

You should use a double boiler pot and heat the special ingrediant to 120F for 45 minutes first, then add it to the mixture after straining the green leaf matter.
    This \m/
  • prettyfitchick
    prettyfitchick Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    I understand that every one has different views on stuff like this and i dont think that talking to this lady will change her views, Teens are going to encounter all diffrent types of ppl you cant protect them from every one just teach your daughter and explain to her why you dont want her using it. So she can learn to make the right choices even when you are not there
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,952 Member
    Options
    What would you do?

First I would preheat the oven to 350 degrees, 375 for a dark no-stick pan. Combine the eggs, brownie mix, vegetable oil, and stir till well blended. *Fold in the "special" ingredient. Spray the pan with a non-stick spray. Pour into pan and bake for about 35 minutes.

*Where not prohibited by law

By "special ingredient" you mean "poop" right? And then give it to the manicurist?

But on a more serious note, I don't think medical marijuana is the answer considering she's clearly been to the doctor for the migraines already! If the doctor thought it would be a good idea, the doctor would have suggested it.

Don't go back for the tip, it's tacky and tips are old fashioned anyway. The manicurist is making a wage.
  • sissiluv
    sissiluv Posts: 2,205 Member
    Options
    This should be good.

tumblr_n2rel1FYPs1t8enhpo1_400.gif
  • daynerz
    daynerz Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Don't tip her, whats past has passed.

How do YOU feel about medical marijuana?

Some are for it, some are not. What falls into your beliefs and how you want your daughter to be influenced?
    I am not a smoker of any kind, but there are those who view pot as a bad choice, and pot as a beneficial choice,
    either belief is neither wrong or right.
  • MissSarahAllison315
    MissSarahAllison315 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I think it's okay to discuss..... but not between a manicurist and her client, especially a young teenager. Given that medical marijuana is such a taboo topic, it is just not appropriate to discuss in the workplace...no matter how casual of a place it might be.
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options

Really? Enlighten me.

Well, for starters, you are making an assumption that she uses it. And also assuming that she uses it while working.
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member
    Options
    If she doesn't seem to care or does not have a prescription for it, than alert her boss, because I sure wouldn't want an employee working for me, while high, and doling out unsolicited and illegal advice to minors.

oh, you know she was high?

are you aware that medical marijuana exists where the cannabinoids have been removed?

no? interesting.
  • Galatea_Stone
    Galatea_Stone Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    What would you do?

This is an important step. Also, the dark non-stick pan should be 325. It would really suck to have burned brownies.
  • notamoment
    notamoment Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I think it's okay to discuss..... but not between a manicurist and her client, especially a young teenager. Given that medical marijuana is such a taboo topic, it is just not appropriate to discuss in the workplace...no matter how casual of a place it might be.

How is it taboo exactly? Its LEGAL.

Cigarettes must be taboo as well.
  • manicautumn
    manicautumn Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Medical marijuana actually has some real benefits for certain conditions. I don't think it's crossing a line for her to mention it to your daughter because it would encourage her to talk her doctor if it's really an issue. Chances are, the doctor will suggest 7 other things before medical marijuana. Maybe this is my westcoast bias, but I don't think you should condemn someone for discussing options. (Well, I guess it's different if medical marijuana isn't a thing where you live...?) If weed is prescribed by a doctor, it really should be seen the same as any other medical drug and used within the given instructions.

That aside, it's over the top to return to pay a tip. The manicurist has likely forgotten all about it.
  • AwesomelyAmber
    AwesomelyAmber Posts: 1,617 Member
    Options
    What would I do???? :huh:
    I would have informed my teenage daughter about "pot" before a manicurist did. Letting her know that some people smoke it for a buzz that happens to be safer than the effects of alcohol and some use it to cope with pain under the supervision of a medical professional. :smokin:
    I would also have taught my daughter that when a service is provided for you, such as getting your nails done, that it is PROPER to tip the person who did it and that forgetting and keeping the money is not an option, unless a bad job was done. :noway:
    (maybe a quick chat about the birds and the bees would be in order before the tattooed, pierced up druggie at the supermarket explains what condoms are) <<--- Sarcasm at it's highest, just in case anyone thought otherwise.
  • notamoment
    notamoment Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    What would I do???? :huh:
    I would have informed my teenage daughter about "pot" before a manicurist did. Letting her know that some people smoke it for a buzz that happens to be safer than the effects of alcohol and some use it to cope with pain under the supervision of a medical professional. :smokin:
    I would also have taught my daughter that when a service is provided for you, such as getting your nails done, that it is PROPER to tip the person who did it and that forgetting and keeping the money is not an option, unless a bad job was done. :noway:
    (maybe a quick chat about the birds and the bees would be in order before the tattooed, pierced up druggie at the supermarket explains what condoms are) <<--- Sarcasm at it's highest, just in case anyone thought otherwise.

FTW
  • MissSarahAllison315
    MissSarahAllison315 Posts: 263 Member
    Options

How is it taboo exactly? Its LEGAL.

Cigarettes must be taboo as well.

Taboo doesn' t mean illegal. I'm not giving my opinion on it, just stating a fact. The same way talking about anything that divides a culture is taboo. Pot is a topic that divides people, as well as things like gay marriage, other drugs, smoking, etc etc. Doesn't mean they're illegal.

Most companies would probably prefer to keep such talk out of their workplaces and keep the focus on work (unless the company is actually ABOUT those things).
  • Jerrypeoples
    Jerrypeoples Posts: 1,541 Member
    Options
    she would only have used the tip money for cheetos