Replies

• AJ_G
    AJ_G Posts: 4,158 Member
    Options
    This thread got so fun after I left last night...too bad I missed out
  • feedfeedfoodfood
    feedfeedfoodfood Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Haha thanks for answering honestly! I've posted three times on this site and was bound to get *kitten* at some point.

Don't take it as "you got *kitten*." You got opinions from a wide variety of people. I think the best thing you can do is not just listen to the ones you're already inclined to agree with, but listen to the ones telling you what you DON'T want to hear.

Because while you may not agree with what they're saying, and it may not be the advice you wanted, it may be exactly what you needed to hear.

In particular the guys saying you shouldn't view foods as clean vs. dirty, and fasting is unnecessary, they have pretty good results. They look fit, one of them lost 100lbs...

Those are the kind of people you want to listen to. Even if it's not what you wanted to hear.

I totally respect their views and yours. Seriously. Not being sarcastic. But there's a way of going about providing feedback. I came to this site, which I rarely use because I see how other people get treated for asking for feedback. One of them insulted my views. For what purpose? He then continued to troll other peoples feedback. If you're going to provide an answer, please do so. I don't take it with a grain of salt. I will gladly look in to it and possibly try it for myself, but don't be a **** about it. It's really that simple in a place where most people on this site should be trying to achieve the same goal — a healthy lifestyle.

Nobody told me something I didn't want to hear. I have read through everything on this thread and have learned a lot. They talked to me and others on this thread in an unnecessary manner because this is the internet and be have a screen to hide behind. Many of the people didn't even clearly read my post and assumed I was binge eating and then fasting.

Please. Provide insight. I have successfully kept off nearly 30lbs for three years. Don't assume I'm going to do something just because I have inquired about it. No need to point fingers or say your views on what "healthy" is are better than mine or anyone else's on this site.

For those who gave me insight from personal experience, thanks!
  • feedfeedfoodfood
    feedfeedfoodfood Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Haha thanks for answering honestly! I've posted three times on this site and was bound to get *kitten* at some point.

Don't take it as "you got *kitten*." You got opinions from a wide variety of people. I think the best thing you can do is not just listen to the ones you're already inclined to agree with, but listen to the ones telling you what you DON'T want to hear.

Because while you may not agree with what they're saying, and it may not be the advice you wanted, it may be exactly what you needed to hear.

In particular the guys saying you shouldn't view foods as clean vs. dirty, and fasting is unnecessary, they have pretty good results. They look fit, one of them lost 100lbs...

Those are the kind of people you want to listen to. Even if it's not what you wanted to hear.

I totally respect their views and yours. Seriously. Not being sarcastic. But there's a way of going about providing feedback. I came to this site, which I rarely use because I see how other people get treated for asking for feedback. One of them insulted my views. For what purpose? He then continued to troll other peoples feedback. If you're going to provide an answer, please do so. I don't take it with a grain of salt. I will gladly look in to it and possibly try it for myself, but don't be a **** about it. It's really that simple in a place where most people on this site should be trying to achieve the same goal — a healthy lifestyle.

Nobody told me something I didn't want to hear. I have read through everything on this thread and have learned a lot. They talked to me and others on this thread in an unnecessary manner because this is the internet and be have a screen to hide behind. Many of the people didn't even clearly read my post and assumed I was binge eating and then fasting.

Please. Provide insight. I have successfully kept off nearly 30lbs for three years. Don't assume I'm going to do something just because I have inquired about it. No need to point fingers or say your views on what "healthy" is are better than mine or anyone else's on this site.

For those who gave me insight from personal experience, thanks!

Man. Someone is going to have to grow some thicker skin if they plan on hanging around the internet.

Haha, "hanging around the internet?"

This isn't Facebook. This isn't reddit. This isn't some body-shamming blog. This is/should be a community. Either provide insightful feedback or find a different site to "hang out around".
  • Badger618
    Badger618 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    She simply asked a question. I hate how people who try and reach out end up getting bashed on this site. Not everyone has the same eating habits , views on whats good and what is bad and so on. With that being said ,we are all here to achieve the same goals I believe.

So people should provide constructive feedback and save the bull**** for someplace else.