I just had some ice cream bread? HELP

Options
So I baked some ice cream bread because I wanted to try out the recipe. All I did was adding vanilla ice cream and self-raising flour and baked it. It turned out okay but I was kind of disappointed so I ate like half of it and threw it away. In the morning I had some sweet potatoes. Should I not eat for the rest of the day? I usually have a big breakfast and try to avoid processed foods and eat SO LITTLE for lunch and dinner because I don't feel hungry if I eat a big breakfast. Please help... what should I do for the rest of the day and week?

Replies

• dsalveson
    dsalveson Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Osy2JrJ.jpg
  • AJ_G
    AJ_G Posts: 4,158 Member
    Options
    So I baked some ice cream bread because I wanted to try out the recipe. All I did was adding vanilla ice cream and self-raising flour and baked it. It turned out okay but I was kind of disappointed so I ate like half of it and threw it away. In the morning I had some sweet potatoes. Should I not eat for the rest of the day? I usually have a big breakfast and try to avoid processed foods and eat SO LITTLE for lunch and dinner because I don't feel hungry if I eat a big breakfast. Please help... what should I do for the rest of the day and week?

You try to avoid processed food but decided to make ice cream bread? What?

Just start over tomorrow with a normal calorie goal, normal macro goals, and stop eating half a loaf of ice cream bread every day...
  • thavoice
    thavoice Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    trying to lose weight yet make and eat ice cream bread and whines abou it. why even make it?
  • dsalveson
    Options
    trying to lose weight yet make and eat ice cream bread and whines abou it. why even make it?

Lol, good thing she didn't actually like it or she may have eaten the whole loaf
  • thavoice
    Options

Lol, good thing she didn't actually like it or she may have eaten the whole loaf
    and make another 1 for tomorrow! people amaze me how they set themselves up to fail.
  • AJ_G
    Options
    No need to compensate for the rest of the week. The day is gone, forget about it.

Side note: I love ice cream and eat it everyday. However, ice cream bread does not sound appealing at all.

I was thinking the same thing...
  • CMB1979
    CMB1979 Posts: 588 Member
    Options

Try chocolate ice cream instead of vanilla.
  • thavoice
    Options

double choc and drizzle fudge on it
  • CMB1979
    Options

Let's not forget caramel.
  • greatness
    greatness Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    When you make a poor dietary decision you shouldn't "starve" yourself the rest of the day to compensate for it. All that does it put your body on a metabolic roller coaster (especially when eating something as simple sugar dense as "ice cream bread" and then going to nothing). Doing those sorts of things are horrible for your thyroid and hormone secretion regulation….

If temptation comes around next time, especially carb cravings… when your body is craving simple carbs it is often times due to a protein deficiency, so try eating something quick like jerky or a chicken breast, or tuna… a protein shake possibly? Also try consuming a piece of fruit like banana or apple when your sweet tooth is calling. Remember that cravings are in your head and real hunger is in your stomach, listen to your bodies needs rather than its wants.
  • hearthwood
    hearthwood Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    A calorie is a calorie regardless if it comes from carrots or cookies--or ice cream bread. It's your choice if you want to eat ice cream bread--all you do is eat less the rest of the day to stay within your calorie goal. Maybe a Healthy Choice dinner is all you can afford for the rest of the day?

It's just math. Albeit it is wiser not to eat foods that a loaded with are not loaded with a heavier calorie count, but everyone does it every now and then. Sometimes I just have to have that Subway Nut cookie. One cookie is 350 calories, I know it before I eat it, so I know that I am either going to eat less in the morning or at night to make up the difference.
  • Swiftlet66
    Swiftlet66 Posts: 729 Member
    Options

That's so mean. Stop talking about the OP like that. >_< OP, I tried that recipe before! It was meh for me too. You don't need to starve yourself for the rest of the week though. Like others have said, just eat normally again!
  • CMB1979
    Options

We do it right in Korea. We skip the bread and go for the waffle. Usually with cream and honey but sometimes with ice cream too!

7619_858141111183_1225397_48312518_1090266_n.jpg
  • MysteriousMerlin
    MysteriousMerlin Posts: 2,270 Member
    Options
    We do it right in Korea. We skip the bread and go for the waffle. Usually with cream and honey but sometimes with ice cream too!

I may have to move to Korea...

cuz you know...reasons.
  • thavoice
    Options

and whipped cream. add a cherry then you make it a clean food right?
  • dsalveson
    Options

That looks delightful!
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    What the?! No you shouldn't starve yourself today or any day! I don't even understand the ice cream bread but it sounds like your entire way of thinking about food is just not right. Eating only breakfast and trying to starve yourself the rest of the day is just not a good plan for life.
  • CMB1979
    Options

That looks delightful!

Korea is waffle heaven. Pick your poison:
    IMG_3024.jpg
  • AJ_G
    Options
    What the?! No you shouldn't starve yourself today or any day! I don't even understand the ice cream bread but it sounds like your entire way of thinking about food is just not right. Eating only breakfast and trying to starve yourself the rest of the day is just not a good plan for life.

If a huge breakfast keeps you full all day, then there's nothing wrong with it.