Replies

• dsalveson
    dsalveson Posts: 306 Member
    Korea is waffle heaven. Pick your poison:
    IMG_3024.jpg

Its-so-beautiful.gif
  • Barbellarella_
    Barbellarella_ Posts: 454 Member
    No need to compensate for the rest of the week. The day is gone, forget about it.

Side note: I love ice cream and eat it everyday. However, ice cream bread does not sound appealing at all.

QFT

Oh and, compensating for overeating by intentionally under eating sets you up for an unhealthy relationship with food. And can cause more binging Just move on and get back on track.
  • That's why I have a rule "never bake sweet stuff in home". You know, cookies, cakes, etc.

Because of the effort in making them, we tend to make too much of it, and we feel sorry throwing it away, or leaving it for many days to go bad, so we tend to overeat something that is already unhealthy.

Cook only your breakfast, lunch and dinner, and your snacks should be fruits first, and if you're still not satisfied, sweet second. You'll be amazed how full you can feel with fruits.

As for what you did today, forget about it. Don't starve! And exercise that ice cream bread away!
  • dsalveson
    dsalveson Posts: 306 Member
    In Chicago they have wonuts (waffle donuts).

tl-horizontal_main
  • RaggedyPond
    RaggedyPond Posts: 1,487 Member

tl-horizontal_main

pirateDM2505_468x456.jpg
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,487 Member
    Okay so Korea and Chicago - anywhere else I need to start planning a trip to???
  • oxers
    oxers Posts: 259 Member
    Also, OP, did you crunch the calories for the ice cream bread? The recipe calls for two cup ice cream, yeah? That's about 548 for generic vanilla. A cup and a half self-raising flour is 600, so 1148 total. Half a loaf would be 574 calories. Not GREAT, obviously, but there's absolutely no reason not to eat within your calorie goals the rest of the day. Starving yourself isn't the way to go.

And, you know, I know you've heard it before, but portion control. Eat a third of the loaf, or cut it into six servings and just have one with lunch or something. Losing weight is about numbers, yes, but health and nutrition is about balance, and if you're binging like crazy on junk food and then starving yourself to compensate, you've got bigger problems than the size of your butt.
  • RaggedyPond
    RaggedyPond Posts: 1,487 Member

anmitsu-dessert.jpg

Green tea ice cream in Japan.
  • Of course you can have ice cream. You can even have it every single day if you like. Just not the whole factory lol. Eat a huge breakfast and a decent lunch first, and leave your cravings at the end of the day. You will feel eating less of it, and you'll be able to calculate how much according to how many calories you have left, and it'll feel like a daily reward for not going overboard.
  • upasanaD
    upasanaD Posts: 56
    A cheat meal will not only affect your 1 day diet, In fact you may lose your motivation for the whole weight loss process.
    So try to cut down all those high calorie food from your diet and try different kinds of fruits as deserts.
    Its true that a calorie is calorie but it should come from all the healthy sources. so you will get all the essential
    vitamins from those food along with the calorie.

If you really want to lose weight including these high calorie deserts in your diet won't work well.
    Always remember - "Its not a diet ...its a life style change "
  • MysteriousMerlin
    MysteriousMerlin Posts: 2,270 Member

tl-horizontal_main

Say whaaaaa?! Where have I been all my life?!
  • SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,731 Member
    This thread inspired me to get an ice cream sammich from my freezer.

THANKS OBAMA!!!
  • By the way, am I the only one here who sees all these waffle pictures, and doesn't feel a thing? :yawn:

I must have forgotten what a sweet craving feels like. :laugh:
  • MysteriousMerlin
    MysteriousMerlin Posts: 2,270 Member
    Waffles move my soul. Waffle donuts make certain parts of me tingle :blushing:
  • SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,731 Member
    There's this amazing chicken and waffles restaurant called Dames. They have sweet potato waffles and panko-crusted chicken breast. I cannot even begin to tell you how this makes me feel.

718ee79770a69363203b25151adb7a98.jpg
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    So I baked some ice cream bread because I wanted to try out the recipe. All I did was adding vanilla ice cream and self-raising flour and baked it. It turned out okay but I was kind of disappointed so I ate like half of it and threw it away. In the morning I had some sweet potatoes. Should I not eat for the rest of the day? I usually have a big breakfast and try to avoid processed foods and eat SO LITTLE for lunch and dinner because I don't feel hungry if I eat a big breakfast. Please help... what should I do for the rest of the day and week?

Try chocolate ice cream instead of vanilla.
    double choc and drizzle fudge on it

Let's not forget caramel.

salted caramel?
  • CMB1979
    CMB1979 Posts: 588 Member
    So I baked some ice cream bread because I wanted to try out the recipe. All I did was adding vanilla ice cream and self-raising flour and baked it. It turned out okay but I was kind of disappointed so I ate like half of it and threw it away. In the morning I had some sweet potatoes. Should I not eat for the rest of the day? I usually have a big breakfast and try to avoid processed foods and eat SO LITTLE for lunch and dinner because I don't feel hungry if I eat a big breakfast. Please help... what should I do for the rest of the day and week?

Try chocolate ice cream instead of vanilla.
    double choc and drizzle fudge on it

Let's not forget caramel.

salted caramel?

If you want it, eat it.....just don't overdue it. *The more you know.....*
  • CMB1979
    CMB1979 Posts: 588 Member

anmitsu-dessert.jpg

Green tea ice cream in Japan.

Yep...it's pat-bing-soo time in Korea as well. How can you beat shaved ice topped with sweet red beans, ice cream, fruit and sweetened condensed milk?! ......or my favorite - coffee-bing-soo.

l87WQrDC1GiopD-640m.jpg
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Do not starve yourself. If you think you've thrown your week, think again. I made this spreadsheet because my calories tend to fluctuate greatly so I try to stick to a weekly goal instead of a daily one. I had a particularly tricky oral surgery last week, so I'm currently living off ice ream, milkshake and pudding. I went over my goal by 1000 calories 3 days this week, and I'm almost 2000 calories in debt, yet if I stick to my goal for the remaining two days I'm still expected to lose weight! Not as much as I originally planned (half a kilo) but it's still a loss. Take a look:

ver7a1.png

Just continue your day normally. One bad day will not undo all the good days you had.
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    A cheat meal will not only affect your 1 day diet, In fact you may lose your motivation for the whole weight loss process.
    So try to cut down all those high calorie food from your diet and try different kinds of fruits as deserts.
    Its true that a calorie is calorie but it should come from all the healthy sources. so you will get all the essential
    vitamins from those food along with the calorie.

If you really want to lose weight including these high calorie deserts in your diet won't work well.
    Always remember - "Its not a diet ...its a life style change "

No.