Exercise 2 miles walking daily
    Macros whatever
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    Height: 5'9''
    Starting weight: 199
    Current Weight: 140
    Goal weight: 140 - but if I put a few pounds of muscle on I'm not going to cry about it :)
    Activity level: Desk job w/ 6 days/wk of exercise and lots of recreational time (garden/yard work, walks, swimming etc)
    Weight goal: maintain
    Calorie Goal: 2,000
    Average Calorie intake: Haven't looked lately - probably just shy of that.
    Exercise: Chest/Arms M, Cardio T, Legs W, Cardio Th, Back/Shoulders F; bike rides, walks, etc. on weekends.
    Macros: 50% Carb / 30% Pro / 20% Fat
  • Phrick
    Phrick Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    Height: 5'8"
    Starting weight: 255
    Current Weight: 178
    Goal weight: ?? Somewhere in the neighborhood of 150 I guess
    Activity level: Lightly Active (even though I walk and run I generally get in less than 13,000 steps a day)
    Weight loss goal: .5 pounds per week
    Calorie Goal (Net): 2050 (TDEE method, not MFP method)
    Average Calorie intake: 2030 (? I just upped it to the 2050 a week ago so my average is based on a very small amount of data)
    Exercise: 4-5 days a week walking, 3 days running (completed C25K today!)
    Macros: 30% carbs / 35% protein / 35% fat

Critique: not just now, thanks.
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    Height: 5'9''
    Starting weight: 215
    Current Weight: 162
    Goal weight:18% bodyfat (ultimately, I'd like to be 175 - and if usmpc is 20% bodyfat, I might have an adjustment in that area too)
    Activity level: Active
    Weight loss goal: .5 pounds per week through June
    Calorie Goal (Net): 2150
    Average Calorie intake (Gross): 2500
    Exercise: Convict Conditioning, 1-3 exercises 5 days a week; Run about 15 miles/week (three days)
    Macros: 25% Protein / 35% Carb / 30% Fat (but I treat fat and protein as a minimum)

Criticism: Suggestions welcome.
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    Height: 6'0''
    Starting weight: 340
    Current Weight: 320ish
    Goal weight: 220-240 (depends how I look/feel)

Is that your ultra goal weight or just your first goal weight?

220 pounds isn't bad for being 6'0" and male. That's still 100 pounds less than his current weight and 35% total body weight reduction.

No, that's an awesome loss. Just looking at someone around my height, who started not that much larger than my height weight, whose goal is just a little heavier than my current weight.

I know sometimes those of us who were very large will set goal weights in increments, and I was wondering if that was the case or he considered 220-240 his ultra/low goal weight.

Pretty much it is. I have a higher than average LBM, so if I can retain most of it, I will look great at that range.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,639 Member
    Options
    Height: 5'7"
    Starting weight: 203 (after holidays)
    Current Weight: 192
    Goal weight: Based on a ripped 7%,172lbs
    Activity level: Moderately Active
    Weight loss goal: 1 pound per week
    Calorie Goal (Net): 1900
    Average Calorie intake: 2000-2100
    Exercise: One body part per day strength, 2 miles cardio (jog, run)
    Macros: 40% Protein / 20% Carb / 40% Fat

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • Aaron_K123
    Aaron_K123 Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    One thing I'll admit being a bit self-conscious about based on what I see the average male being is I am very light for my height.

I'm 6' tall and I've gotten myself down to about ~15% bodyfat in the past and at that %BF I was down to 155 pounds. Now when I saw myself like that I liked what I saw, I wouldn't call myself what I've come to know as skinny-fat (can judge for yourself from my profile pics) and yet 155 pounds 15% bodyfat would mean a lean mass of only 135 pounds.

Part of this is I know I am very small framed, my wrists are about 6.2'' in diameter which is very small for a 6' tall man. Yet still I can't help but feel that means I must be under-muscled for my size.

For my health and appearance my focus is at this moment fat loss since I'm around 17-21% BF right now and I want to get rid of that first. Still I'm chomping at the bit to get into surplus and try to put on some muscle.

Had a revelation recently that throughout my life the only time I weight lifted was on a fitness kick and the only time I was on a fitness kick was when I was overweight and therefore I was also calorie restricting. That means at no point in my life have I weight-lifted while being at caloric surplus. I am very keen to see what I can do with my body when I truly fuel my weight lifting.
  • williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member
    Options
    Height: 5' 6"
    Highest weight: 161 lbs
    Starting weight: 157 lbs
    Current Weight: 150 lbs
    Goal weight: 130 lbs (or 140 lbs, dependent on the BF%, how much muscle I retain)
    Activity level: Lightly Active
    Weight loss goal: 0.5-1lbs/week
    Calorie Goal (TDEE -20%): 1640 (I don't do the MFP "rules"--I use IIFYM.com TDEE calculator, less 20% for weight loss)
    Average Calorie intake: 1523 (actual average per my spreadsheet over the last 6 weeks--slowly increasing to 1640 as I begin to "trust" the math)
    Exercise: Running/HIIT cardio, strength training (Total Gym), body weight training (YAYOG-style)
    Macros: 50% carb, 30% protein, 20% fat (something like that--110g protein/45g fat is my priority, rest eaten as fiber rich carbs--omnomnom)
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    Height: 5'11.75"
    Starting weight: 309
    Current Weight: 230
    Goal weight: 170 @ 25% bf
    Activity level: Lightly Active (about 10k steps most days)
    Calorie Goal (Net): 1800
    Average Calorie intake: 1900
    Exercise: just walking; sometimes lifting
    Macros: 30% Protein / 40% Carb / 30% Fat

I am open to suggestion, but my current calorie goal was set by my endocrinologist. I'm currently being treated for PCOS and take Metformin. Oh, and I'm not interested in ketogenic diets or Paleo/Primal.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    @Aaron since upping my calories towards maitenance I have noticed a significant difference in my lifts.

Esp in my upper body. My BP is nearing 130lbs....:noway: , my OHP is nearing 95lbs and I am not at maitenance...and these are the one's I always always stall on...

If this is any indiciation of what can happen with "more" food...(I say more as I am not at maitenance yet) then bulking for a guy must be just amazing for his lifts...I imagine for a woman too...

Have fun with it...
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    One thing I'll admit being a bit self-conscious about based on what I see the average male being is I am very light for my height.

I'm 6' tall and I've gotten myself down to about ~15% bodyfat in the past and at that %BF I was down to 155 pounds. Now when I saw myself like that I liked what I saw, I wouldn't call myself what I've come to know as skinny-fat (can judge for yourself from my profile pics) and yet 155 pounds 15% bodyfat would mean a lean mass of only 135 pounds.

Part of this is I know I am very small framed, my wrists are about 6.2'' in diameter which is very small for a 6' tall man. Yet still I can't help but feel that means I must be under-muscled for my size.

For my health and appearance my focus is at this moment fat loss since I'm around 17-21% BF right now and I want to get rid of that first. Still I'm chomping at the bit to get into surplus and try to put on some muscle.

Had a revelation recently that throughout my life the only time I weight lifted was on a fitness kick and the only time I was on a fitness kick was when I was overweight and therefore I was also calorie restricting. That means at no point in my life have I weight-lifted while being at caloric surplus. I am very keen to see what I can do with my body when I truly fuel my weight lifting.

Me too. I've already gone through one failed bulk and am more pleased with the results than anything else I've done in the past. The compound lifts that people are doing now are MUCH more efficient.
  • wyattj99
    wyattj99 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Height: 5 ft 3
    Starting weight: 184
    Current Weight: 118
    Goal weight: 115
    Activity level: Lightly Active (about 8k steps most days)
    Weight loss goal: Tone
    Calorie Goal (Net): 1650
    Average Calorie intake: 1500
    Exercise: gym (weights only) 4 times a week - evenings, jogging - mornings, walking - afternoons
    Macros: 29% Protein / 42% Carb / 29% Fat
  • Aaron_K123
    Aaron_K123 Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    @Aaron since upping my calories towards maitenance I have noticed a significant difference in my lifts.

Esp in my upper body. My BP is nearing 130lbs....:noway: , my OHP is nearing 95lbs and I am not at maitenance...and these are the one's I always always stall on...

If this is any indiciation of what can happen with "more" food...(I say more as I am not at maitenance yet) then bulking for a guy must be just amazing for his lifts...I imagine for a woman too...

Have fun with it...

Oh yeah definitely looking forward to that. At a caloric deficit of 600-700 calories per day I am not making strength gains to speak of, just maintaining strength and improving my form in prep for transitioning into regular lifting. I would hope that the strength gains would come pretty steadily when I transition to surplus.

This is pretty much the ultimate in emasculation for a man but I think you probably bench more than I can then. I don't bench in my routine so I have no idea what my bench is but I'm guessing its lower than that or in that ballpark.
  • chloeealicee
    chloeealicee Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Height: 5'4
    Starting weight: 133lbs
    Current Weight: 118lbs
    Goal weight: don't have one
    Weight loss goal: maintenance
    Calorie Goal (Net): 1650
    Average Calorie intake: 1300
    Exercise: running, pilates, yoga
    Macros: 30% Protein / 50% Carb / 20% Fat
  • akaiookami
    akaiookami Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Height: 5'4''
    Starting weight: 145
    Current weight: 126.8
    Goal weight: I was shooting for 120, but I don't think it will give me the body I want. So once I reach that I will reevaluate. Back into my size 4 jeans would be awesome! Mostly I just want to build strength and get my body fat% under control.
    Activity lvl: pretty sedentary- desk job
    Weight Loss goal: 0.5lbs a week.
    Calorie Goal (Net): 1300
    Average Calorie intake: 1400-1500
    Exercise: 60-75 minutes M-F of body weight strength training and cardio
    Macros: I'm still working on this, but I'm shooting to get at least 80-90g protein and 30-50g fat.
  • NickeeCoco
    NickeeCoco Posts: 130
    Options
    Height: 5'3
    Starting weight: 164 lbs
    Current Weight: 155 lbs
    Goal weight: 130 lbs
    Weight loss goal: .75 lbs/wk
    Calorie Goal (Net): 1550
    Average Calorie intake: 1400
    Exercise: circuit training, running
    Macros: 22% Protein / 50% Carb / 30% Fat
  • 7seas_sailing
    7seas_sailing Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Height: 6'0"
    Starting weight: 224
    Current Weight: 197
    Goal weight: 185 (Actually BF of 12% or less is the ultimate goal)
    Activity level: Sedintary
    Calorie Goal (Net): 2200
    Average Calorie intake: 1800-2000
    Exercise: Anaerobic with heavy lifting full body 3 days a week; HIIT 2 days a week, cardio (6 to 7 miles) running 1 day a week
    Macros: 30% Protein / 50% Carb / 20% Fat
  • RedRider230
    RedRider230 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Height: 5'5"
    Starting weight: 186
    Current Weight: 159
    Goal weight: 130 ish
    Calorie Goal (Net): 1460
    Average Calorie intake: 1650-1700 (eating some of the exercise calories back)
    Exercise: Jillian Michaels DVD's Mon - Fri, treadmill is collecting dust, maybe use it once a week
    Macros: Still figuring that part out lol

Criticism: Welcomed, I could use all the help I can get!
  • paymentm
    paymentm Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Height: 5'7"
    Starting weight: 195
    Current Weight: 181
    Goal weight: 155 (Then we will see)
    Activity level: Lightly Active (desk job but exercise)
    Weight loss goal: Lose 2.5 per week (Yes, its been working)
    Calorie Goal (Net): 1000
    Average Calorie intake: 1200
    Exercise: Running 40 min 6x week, walking to work and back 50 min 5x week, hot yoga
    Macros: 40% Protein / 40% Carb / 20% Fat

Criticism welcomed
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    Height: 5'8
    Starting weight (start of MFP): 150lbs
    Current Weight: 154lbs
    Goal weight: I don't care too much right now, but no higher than 158 preferably as that's the upper end of my weight category for comps.
    Activity level: Active. A standing job where I walk a lot + around 7-8hrs a week in the gym.
    Weight loss goal: I don't have one. Would like bf% a little less long term but don't have a time frame.
    Calorie Goal (total): Whatever keeps hunger at bay, and can provide me with tasty meals that hit macros/micros.
    Average Calorie intake: Around 3000 based on weight change.
    Exercise: 4 days a week lifting. 3 long sessions (2-2.5hrs) and 1 short session (~45 minutes)
    Macros: Around 140g protein, 300g carbs, 90g fat.