Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Support from Husbands......

13»

Replies

• GravyGurl
    GravyGurl Posts: 1,070
    [/quote]

I can compliment my buddies 'Dude, you are looking awesome since you lost weight. If you were a chick I would totally kiss you on the mouth.' (:noway: )and my buddies are like 'You know it.' and I respond with 'Yep. Hey did you see that new (gun, car, motorcycle, sports team, guy conversation piece) etc...' we go on. Compliment accepted, not another thought given to it.

[/quote]

ok that made me crack up and busted out laffin here at work.... because I can just picture that conversation between a couple of my buddies :laugh: :laugh:
  • sgtinvincible
    sgtinvincible Posts: 2,559

I can compliment my buddies 'Dude, you are looking awesome since you lost weight. If you were a chick I would totally kiss you on the mouth.' (:noway: )and my buddies are like 'You know it.' and I respond with 'Yep. Hey did you see that new (gun, car, motorcycle, sports team, guy conversation piece) etc...' we go on. Compliment accepted, not another thought given to it.

[/quote]

ok that made me crack up and busted out laffin here at work.... because I can just picture that conversation between a couple of my buddies :laugh: :laugh:
    [/quote]

:bigsmile: :laugh:
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    LOL, my first baseball practice after 3 months off, I walked in and the first guy goes, dude, what'd ya do, go on the heroine diet? I looked at him and said, yep, want some? That was it. Not until I tore up the batting cages did they mention anything about me again, when they said. I guess what you are doing works!

total conversation time about my weight with about 11 other guys = 14 seconds
    out of 3 hours of interaction.

Later someone said I went from being David Wells (I'm a lefty pitcher) to casey fossum

that was pretty funny. If you don't know what I am talking about, google those two guys and you will understand.
  • Katy009
    Katy009 Posts: 579 Member
    Ok, so he is off the hook. I guess I'll just leave it at ...... men are men, women are women, and my dog looks spectacular. She has joined MFP to encourge you guys.....be nice to her, she worked hard chasing that frisbee to lose those pounds!

My husband, being unhappy with my mood swings, bought me a mood ring the other day
    so he would be able to monitor my moods.

We've discovered that when I'm in a good mood, it turns green.

When I'm in a bad mood, it leaves a big fricking red mark on his forehead.

Maybe next time he'll buy me a diamond. Dumb *kitten*.
  • foxfire9372
    foxfire9372 Posts: 184 Member
    To sum up the differences between guys and girls, to paraphrase Jeff Foxworthy; when is the last time you saw a man run out of the room crying and a woman chasing after him calling out what did I say. I tell my poor husband you are damned if you do, damned if you don't and you better figure out which is the lesser of two evils if you want to continue your "visits" to the candy store!
  • sgtinvincible
    sgtinvincible Posts: 2,559
    Ok, so he is off the hook. I guess I'll just leave it at ...... men are men, women are women, and my dog looks spectacular. She has joined MFP to encourge you guys.....be nice to her, she worked hard chasing that frisbee to lose those pounds!

My husband, being unhappy with my mood swings, bought me a mood ring the other day

AHAHAHAH!!! :laugh:
  • KrisKabob
    KrisKabob Posts: 1,250 Member

LOLOLOL!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • chiefiron
    chiefiron Posts: 305 Member

Hey you rock!!!! no really. that is super funny :laugh: :laugh:

I hope you have the type of relationship where you can tell that to your hubby, i know my GF says stuff like that and its one of the reasons we get along so well. We make each other laugh........alot

Tim
  • alimassa
    alimassa Posts: 275
    Laughter is the best ice breaker in a marriage!

BTW.. When I lost 30 pounds my husband rarely said ANYTHING to me about it. But you know what, when he did comment, when I wasnt expecting it, it sure did mean a lot more to me! 34
This discussion has been closed.