Looks do matter

Options

Replies

• Sreneesa
    Sreneesa Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options
    I'm into Rick Ross(Guys who are tall and big with weight on them) looking guys so being ripped doesn't phase me.

So honestly a ripped guy never really gets my attention more like a big and tall dude who has a body like the guy I mentioned above.
  • sunglasses_and_ocean_waves
    Options
    Sadly, yes, it does impact a lot.

I've been single my entire life. A date here and there, but never had a relationship.

I KNOW it's how I look, because I know I'm a good person (I often have friends say I'm a nice and genuine person).

You have a very pretty face. Get thee to a GOOD hair stylist, get some blonde highlights and a sexy hair style, get a hotter pair of glasses and ... well ... no pics of your body, so I don't know how to dress you. You have a great base. Work it better.

Disagree. I'm sure the glasses have something to do with it, but I think she's got the hot librarian thing going on, and all that artificial meddling your talking about would only spoil it. She looks genuine as is. Artificiality would only detract.

But that's just me. I'm male and hairy and unexfoliated. What do I know? :D

well, she was the one bemoaning that looks mattered and it effected her. I was just trying to help, but I won't make that mistake again.

BTW I'm very good at the hot librarian thing. :wink:
  • JolienKeane
    Options
    I think looks mostly matter at the beginning. But, once you get to know a person and get to know their humour, kindness etc., I find that I gradually don't see the "less pretty" things in their looks and start seeing more and more of the beautiful bits. It changes, so.
  • ilfaith
    ilfaith Posts: 16,769 Member
    Options
    Of course they do. But they are only one piece of the puzzle of attraction. Of course there has to be some sort of physical turn-on, but kindness, sense-of-humor, intelligence, and overall personality count for much more.

And of course, everyone is attracted to different things. If a guy is into tall, voluptuous blondes, I am probably not going to be his cup of tea. While I might say I prefer a man to be tall, dark, and handsome, I've dated men who are short, fair, and scruffy. For the record, my husband is tall dark and handsome...but also about 60 pounds overweight. He was heavy when I met him, and he still charmed the pants off of me.
  • VBnotbitter
    VBnotbitter Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    Yes and no. In my single days picking up blokes in clubs, then it was looks. Thinking back on all the crushes I've ever had, well they all developed due to personality and ability to make me laugh, and a lot of them weren't particularly good looking. And ripped guys have never really attracted me.
  • Maryaly40
    Maryaly40 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    bump for later
  • floridakilos
    Options
    Looks can make someone interested, but looks will only get you so far. Personality is more important.
  • ShellF415
    ShellF415 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I would take funny and smart over physically attractive any day of the week.
  • jasonmh630
    jasonmh630 Posts: 2,850 Member
    Options
    I like my guys a little on to chubby side :)

I fully enjoy looking at the super ripped guys, but they're not who I want to be with. I'd rather be with someone fun than I guy who lives at the gym and can only talk about how much protein he needs.

And as I tall girl, I like my guys tall and bigger than me. Going through like I so rarely get to feel small, so it's nice to be with a guy that makes me feel like that.

:flowerforyou:
  • kborton1122
    kborton1122 Posts: 914 Member
    Options
    Yes, looks matter, but they are not the most important factor. One has to be physically attracted to their partner. And once you get to know that person inside and out, they become even more beautiful!
  • ThisCharmingFellow
    ThisCharmingFellow Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Of course they do. But they are only one piece of the puzzle of attraction. Of course there has to be some sort of physical turn-on, but kindness, sense-of-humor, intelligence, and overall personality count for much more.

All of this. And they have to at least tolerate The Smiths :D

I've been on a few dates recently yet I've some way to go with weight loss. I'm pretty sure this increased piquance is due to my increased zest for life, a consequence of me really trying to look after myself.
  • thatjosiegirl
    thatjosiegirl Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    It does matter to a point, everyone has their list of things they look for in a partner. For instance I'm not all that attracted to super skinny or super ripped guys, I want my partner to be taller and heavier than me. Personality is a huge deal for me, you could be the hottest guy in the world but if you are an *kitten* or rude or annoying its a deal breaker for me.

Oh and tattoos, I do love me some tattoos on a man. :drinker:

Honestly my partner right now is 17 years older than me and not in the best shape, but I love him to death! Wouldn't trade him for the world. At the end of the day it's how you treat other people that makes the biggest impact on how attractive they see you as a partner.
  • JTPug1980
    JTPug1980 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Sadly, yes, it does impact a lot.

I've been single my entire life. A date here and there, but never had a relationship.

I KNOW it's how I look, because I know I'm a good person (I often have friends say I'm a nice and genuine person).

You have a very pretty face. Get thee to a GOOD hair stylist, get some blonde highlights and a sexy hair style, get a hotter pair of glasses and ... well ... no pics of your body, so I don't know how to dress you. You have a great base. Work it better.

Disagree. I'm sure the glasses have something to do with it, but I think she's got the hot librarian thing going on, and all that artificial meddling your talking about would only spoil it. She looks genuine as is. Artificiality would only detract.

But that's just me. I'm male and hairy and unexfoliated. What do I know? :D

Bump
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    Looks are important sure, but a good personality is key.

I have met some very attractive men who are major *kitten* hats...a total turn-off.

Edited for spelling.
  • jasonmh630
    Options
    Looks do matter to an extent. What the problem would be is if that were the ONLY deciding factor for you to get to know them. Shallowness doesn't look good on ANYONE.
  • VBnotbitter
    VBnotbitter Posts: 820 Member
    Options

I've been on a few dates recently yet I've some way to go with weight loss. I'm pretty sure this increased piquance is due to my increased zest for life, a consequence of me really trying to look after myself.

Zest for life? And you call yourself a Smiths fan? :tongue:
  • mlanders22
    mlanders22 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Of course looks matter, but attractiveness is subjective.
    I don't find typical male celebrities attractive. Mostly because they're just a face and I have no context to base the attraction on. I need to know a guy's personality, his quirks, the way he laughs, etc to have any sort of attraction to a guy.
    But then I've been told that this is kind of strange, so who knows.
  • ThisCharmingFellow
    Options

Zest for life? And you call yourself a Smiths fan? :tongue:

Hehe :D
  • ThisCharmingFellow
    Options
    his quirks,

Must admit that it goes beyond mere quirks. I quite like a girl who is positively quirky.
  • jasonmh630
    Options
    Of course looks matter, but attractiveness is subjective.
    I don't find typical male celebrities attractive. Mostly because they're just a face and I have no context to base the attraction on. I need to know a guy's personality, his quirks, the way he laughs, etc to have any sort of attraction to a guy.
    But then I've been told that this is kind of strange, so who knows.

Agreed... I would like to know these things about a woman I'm might be interested in.