Period Ponderings And Menstrual Musings (ladybits question)

Options

Replies

• odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Psst, odus has got a bun in the oven!

tumblr_mo9boqDKR11stkyfvo1_500.gif
  • Escloflowne
    Escloflowne Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    I truly believe that PMS isn't real, kind of like the female orgasm, it's just an excuse for women to act crazy a few days a month and over eat food. That's why women actually complain about weight gain during that time, it has nothing to do with the "hormones". It's because you stuff your face with chocolate!!!!
    I dare you to tell your mother/sister/ female friend/wife/etc this. See what happens. Guys must not ever suffer from low testosterone either, because, you know, hormones. WTF-ever. Stupidity abounds on these boards, as do trolls.

I sometimes gain, but sometimes the scale will actually go DOWN beforehand, then up a little, then back down. It really does vary from person to person.

Seriously? You need to google what a troll is...

There is a difference between someone trolling a thread and someone making a joke on a public post.

Also...how could anyone think that was serious!?

giphy.gif
  • Escloflowne
    Options
    I haven't gotten my period since February. Am I dying?

everything-hurts.gif

8045726.gif
  • odusgolp
    Options
    I haven't gotten my period since February. Am I dying?

everything-hurts.gif

8045726.gif

tumblr_inline_n1o0qdZx2f1rg0g8s.gif
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    Psst, odus has got a bun in the oven!

qkofgJs.gif
  • Awesomers
    Awesomers Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I am currently sitting on an extra 2 pounds. That's usually about right. It goes away about 3 days in and then, if I'm lucky, I'll see a "real" 1 lb loss.

Exercising has directly contributed to shorter and lighter periods (4 days instead of 8) and, weirdly, my dates keep shifting backwards. I used to start on the 11th of every month, but now it's cycling back 1-2 days every month and I get it earlier than expected. Also, cramps are all but nonexistent anymore.

ETA: I am still a raging b*tch. I don't mind that, though. :happy:
  • kinkyslinky16
    kinkyslinky16 Posts: 1,469 Member
    Options
    I gain 3-7 lbs.. average is about 4 or 5 lbs. I can always tell I am a week out from my period once my weight starts creeping up. About 3 days after my period is over, then my weight returns to normal. Sometimes it takes a full week for it to return to normal.

Essentially.. I only see weight loss on the scales for two weeks out of the entire month. The other two weeks are bloat from my period. It sucks.
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    Look I'm having mine now......................................................................................................................................................
    Nope false alarm, I'll take some cake now.
  • sammama5
    sammama5 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I have come to the conclusion that if I want real info and to not have my question highjacked, not to come into the Chit-chat, fun and games forum. First thing, search past topics. If I still can't find something, ask my friends. If I'm desperate, start a post in one of the other forms. This one turns into gifs, put-downs, and adolescent snark. Sometimes it's fun to see some new gifs though.
  • bd0027
    bd0027 Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    Up to 5 pounds. I weighed myself last night and was up 3 pounds and started my period this morning. I usually end up losing weight as soon as I come off of it though, so I don't sweat it.
  • Escloflowne
    Options
    I have come to the conclusion that if I want real info and to not have my question highjacked, not to come into the Chit-chat, fun and games forum. First thing, search past topics. If I still can't find something, ask my friends. If I'm desperate, start a post in one of the other forms. This one turns into gifs, put-downs, and adolescent snark. Sometimes it's fun to see some new gifs though.

To be fair, the OP brought up how many calories would be in a tampon...I think it's fair to say it was ok to play around, also it's in the chit chat section, if you want serious answers....go to another sub forum...
  • odusgolp
    Options
    qkofgJs.gif

I don't remember that scene in Juno. Is that from the Director's Cut or is it an outtake?

I wonder the same thing every time I see this gif.
  • sammama5
    sammama5 Posts: 92 Member
    Options

To be fair, the OP brought up how many calories would be in a tampon..*.I think it's fair to say it was ok to play around, also it's in the chit chat section, if you want serious answers....go to another sub forum...*

That is my point...wrong section to get real answers/replies. :-) Anything posted here is likely to get hijacked.
    edit: Sorry I didn't know how to make the text bold.
  • _Pseudonymous_
    _Pseudonymous_ Posts: 1,671 Member
    Options
    I have gained up to 10 pounds in preperation for war time. Then I become ravenous, achey and often imagine being the embodiment of Godzilla. I want to stomp, destroy, rampage, I want to shove everything in my mouth and tear it with my teeth and throat punch anyone who tries to speak to me. Maybe this is more Hulkish...

Surprisingly enough I am able to generally supress these urges and be moderately human. I smile, I laugh, I get stuff done, all the while I imagine doing all of those things with a cool, calm exterior.

There's a reason I'm single, me thinks...
  • Escloflowne
    Options
    qkofgJs.gif

I don't remember that scene in Juno. Is that from the Director's Cut or is it an outtake?

I wonder the same thing every time I see this gif.

I think that's from a scary movie or epic movie or whatever, I never saw it but it was in the trailer. That's not Ellen Page.
  • MomTo3Lovez
    MomTo3Lovez Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    I usually gain 3-4lbs and this starts 2 days before. It probably has to do with the amount of chocolate I eat during that time! I tend not to exercise because a lack of energy and it take 2-3 days after to get back to where I was.

This so sounds like me!