Period Ponderings And Menstrual Musings (ladybits question)

Options

Replies

• Junken__Diraffe
    Options
    I haven't gotten my period since February. Am I dying?

everything-hurts.gif

I haven't had a period since 2009. I definitely almost dead. It's been fun, guys!
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    However much it is or isn't, it beats gaining 40 pounds and another mouth to feed.

tumblr_inline_n61yxvlJjE1r2zxvb.gif
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    qkofgJs.gif

I don't remember that scene in Juno. Is that from the Director's Cut or is it an outtake?

I wonder the same thing every time I see this gif.

I think that's from a scary movie or epic movie or whatever, I never saw it but it was in the trailer. That's not Ellen Page.

Do you not know sarcasm?! Jeebus.

Shut it Jason! I was serious! LOL
  • liekewheeless
    liekewheeless Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    I must be weird, I always have a sudden drop in weight 2 days before... comes right back.

As far as PMS goes. Never had much problems until after I had my daughter.
    Now I can tell it's about to be that time because I feel angry ALL DAY. Only lasts about a day or 2. About the same time as the weight drop so you'd think I'd be happy.
  • odusgolp
    Options
    I haven't gotten my period since February. Am I dying?

everything-hurts.gif

I haven't had a period since 2009. I definitely almost dead. It's been fun, guys!

I got you beat!!! I haven't had one since Oct 2006!

ridiculous-college-classes-zombies.gif
  • Escloflowne
    Escloflowne Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    qkofgJs.gif

I don't remember that scene in Juno. Is that from the Director's Cut or is it an outtake?

I think that's from a scary movie or epic movie or whatever, I never saw it but it was in the trailer. That's not Ellen Page.

I knew you were serious and I felt I should offer some actually information for once
  • odusgolp
    Options
    qkofgJs.gif

I knew you were serious and I felt I should offer some actually information for once

Thank you ;) You are my second favorite Canadian :smooched:
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    How much weight (if any) do you gain with your cycle? What time in your cycle does it appear/diminish? Do you feel that weight loss, weight gain, or increased or decreased levels of fitness have changed your PMS/PMT/menses?

I do not "gain weight" with my cycle. I typically have my biggest loss of the month (1-3 lb) in the week before I start my period, and then stay at the exact same weight - 0 loss - until a few days AFTER my period. I'd say within a week after my period ends, I'm back to losing 0.5-1 lb per week again.

When I was around 300 lb (for a short time) I had heavier periods. But within the range of 220-270s for years mine were always textbook, every 28-30 days, light to medium flow, with some cramping on Days 1-2.

Now I am at 179 lb and since I hit about 210 lb last year, my periods are a bit lighter flow and lighter cramps (I'm 37 with no signs of early menopause or anything along those lines) and that's all good...but my cycle is shorter, around 24 days. Still like clockwork though.
  • Escloflowne
    Options

Woah what!? Who is the first!?

Images-article-2012-09-16-channel-ten-glee-crying.gif
  • PurringMyrrh
    PurringMyrrh Posts: 5,276 Member
    Options
    I am currently sitting on an extra 2 pounds. That's usually about right. It goes away about 3 days in and then, if I'm lucky, I'll see a "real" 1 lb loss.

Exercising has directly contributed to shorter and lighter periods (4 days instead of 8) and, weirdly, my dates keep shifting backwards. I used to start on the 11th of every month, but now it's cycling back 1-2 days every month and I get it earlier than expected. Also, cramps are all but nonexistent anymore.

ETA: I am still a raging b*tch. I don't mind that, though. :happy:
    I have found that the more healthy and active I am, the less I cramp. Especially directly beforehand. When I'm exercising more, I don't get my reliable telltale precramp...which sucks if I get caught unprepared.
  • PurringMyrrh
    Options
    :laugh: @ the reaction gifs in this thread.
  • WeepingAngel81
    WeepingAngel81 Posts: 2,232 Member
    Options
    I truly believe that PMS isn't real, kind of like the female orgasm, it's just an excuse for women to act crazy a few days a month and over eat food. That's why women actually complain about weight gain during that time, it has nothing to do with the "hormones". It's because you stuff your face with chocolate!!!!

If you don't think a female orgasm is real, you're doing it wrong.
  • PurringMyrrh
    Options
    I truly believe that PMS isn't real, kind of like the female orgasm...
    Wait a cotton pickin' second...does that mean I'm just having some sort of genital seizure every time I shower?
  • Escloflowne
    Options
    I truly believe that PMS isn't real, kind of like the female orgasm...
    Wait a cotton pickin' second...does that mean I'm just having some sort of genital seizure every time I shower?

Faking to yourself is just crazy, seek help!
  • odusgolp
    Options

Cat rescued me. She dressed me. She made me look pretty.

tumblr_mlq7udqeiC1so4yflo1_500.gif
  • Escloflowne
    Options

I always forget about Cat!!! I must remove her from MFP....
  • odusgolp
    Options

I always forget about Cat!!! I must remove her from MFP....

Don't be silly. You're Canadian.

slide_334373_3349324_free.gif
  • mariposa224
    mariposa224 Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options
    I truly believe that PMS isn't real, kind of like the female orgasm, it's just an excuse for women to act crazy a few days a month and over eat food. That's why women actually complain about weight gain during that time, it has nothing to do with the "hormones". It's because you stuff your face with chocolate!!!!
    I dare you to tell your mother/sister/ female friend/wife/etc this. See what happens. Guys must not ever suffer from low testosterone either, because, you know, hormones. WTF-ever. Stupidity abounds on these boards, as do trolls.

I sometimes gain, but sometimes the scale will actually go DOWN beforehand, then up a little, then back down. It really does vary from person to person.

Seriously? You need to google what a troll is...

There is a difference between someone trolling a thread and someone making a joke on a public post.

Also...how could anyone think that was serious!?

giphy.gif

I know what it is, thanks. And to me, it appeared to be *kitten* stirring, which is an attribute of trolling.

Sorry I misunderstood the tone. My telepathic powers must not be working today.

Since I'm not familiar with the person who wrote it, and there are plenty of people who would post a "trolling" post saying something similar... Yeah, apparently I must just be an idiot.

Sigh...