Period Ponderings And Menstrual Musings (ladybits question)

Options

Replies

• Kimdbro
    Kimdbro Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    How much weight (if any) do you gain with your cycle? What time in your cycle does it appear/diminish? Do you feel that weight loss, weight gain, or increased or decreased levels of fitness have changed your PMS/PMT/menses?

I gain about 4-6 pounds NO JOKE, it shows up about 10 days beforehand it diminishes the day i start a full flow weird but true, i see the weight gain and i see it diminish my legs and lower tummy become quite swollen with water weight haha it would be hard to miss. My fitness level has not changed my pms other then i look in the mirror and know its from that dreaded time of the month and not me being inactive.

Almost exaclty this^^ 10 days before, then drops when I start. I started taking herbal charcoal pills for the bloat, that helps. Fitness doesn't change, I am not a hard core exerciser in any case, so I find that still walking and biking or yoga or whatever makes me feel better actually.
  • rhonderoo
    rhonderoo Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    About 1 - 3 lbs the week before, it goes away on Day one and then I get ravenous. I get grumpy/crazy/emo about a week before also.

However, my TOM is not as bad as my husband's. Now, a man's time of month... who knew they were so fragile?
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    right now? I'm a beached whale with an extra 10lbs of water retention. I could also eat the fridge door, and lord help anyone that looks at me crosseyed, because I'm just looking for an excuse to kick someone in the pee flaps. I need a hug :sick:
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    I found this thread hard to read as I have oddly quite a few posters in here on ignore? Not the funny one though, I got the giggles for sure.

This does bring me to an awesome question, can and how do I put TOM/PMS threads on ignore in their totality. Except for the one's I make once in awhile..of course. :embarassed: / :devil: = sorry/notsorry
  • lilRicki
    Options
    I found this thread hard to read as I have oddly quite a few posters in here on ignore? Not the funny one though, I got the giggles for sure.

This does bring me to an awesome question, can and how do I put TOM/PMS threads on ignore in their totality. Except for the one's I make once in awhile..of course. :embarassed: / :devil: = sorry/notsorry

you needed to come in here and ask how to ignore us? really? because you're that bored?
  • PurringMyrrh
    PurringMyrrh Posts: 5,276 Member
    Options
    right now? I'm a beached whale with an extra 10lbs of water retention. I could also eat the fridge door, and lord help anyone that looks at me crosseyed, because I'm just looking for an excuse to kick someone in the pee flaps. I need a hug :sick:
    I think I love you.
    1319566609_white_whale_gives_man_hug.gif
  • PurringMyrrh
    Options
    I think I love you.
    1319566609_white_whale_gives_man_hug.gif
  • PurringMyrrh
    Options
    F*uck sake! Can I not get this right?! :laugh:
  • lilRicki
    Options
    F*uck sake! Can I not get this right?! :laugh:

I copied and pasted the url lol
  • PurringMyrrh
    Options
    Feel free to ignore the original question now. I just felt the need to bring up the fact I'm PMSing so bad, I could eat an entire fridge full of food and go back for thirds. Sweet jeebus. Let me at 'em.
  • PurringMyrrh
    edited November 2014
    Options
    I discovered night before last that I don't even have to order these cool sheets now. I made some myself by letting aunt Flo ambush me in the night.

dextershowercurtain_queen_duvet.jpg?height=225&width=225

Oh, and I'm not sure if I was just paying more attention to my body this time, but I had my traditional water gain, and now that I've started my menses I'm urinating a lot more (despite the same liquid intake). And when I say a lot, I mean putting a racehorse to shame. I've never actually noticed my body dumping the water before, but am hoping that's what's actually occurring.
  • tindeyy
    tindeyy Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    This got a little off track, huh?

Just wanted to chime in that its always fun to "lose" 3-7 pounds after the PMS weight + the 1-2 lbs I've lost during that time come off. It sucks to have 10 days of no loss but then the number on the scale is way lower than when I started my period, so that's always rewarding. And a good incentive not to stuff my face DURING my period.
  • JeriAnne84
    JeriAnne84 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    rhonderoo wrote: »
    However, my TOM is not as bad as my husband's. Now, a man's time of month... who knew they were so fragile?

OMG this. I worked in radio and spent 4 hours a day, 5 days a week in a cramped studio with my co-host who was a man. You could tell when he got his man PMS because all the sudden he was a complete b*tch fest and complained about EVERYTHING! Nothing I did was good enough and he was just the b*tchiest man child ever. And it wasn't just him because our sister station, the female morning show host on it said her male co-host had the same issue around the same time my co-host did. Their cycles must have synced up. lol

I should have crushed up midol and snuck it in his drink. See if that did anything for it. Always have good ideas too late!

As for my period, I haven't had it since July of 2013 so I don't know. I do know that after I get my depo-shot I crave dairy. I could destroy a whole ice cream section at the grocery store if I let myself.
  • PurringMyrrh
    Options
    I hope you don't end up going to hell for what you posted. I will pray for you...
    But all my friends will be there. :sad:
  • PurringMyrrh
    Options
    What am I doing here?
    Sit on my lap and I'll tell you a story.

• PurringMyrrh
    Options
    JeriAnne84 wrote: »
    rhonderoo wrote: »

OMG this. I worked in radio and spent 4 hours a day, 5 days a week in a cramped studio with my co-host who was a man. You could tell when he got his man PMS because all the sudden he was a complete b*tch fest and complained about EVERYTHING! Nothing I did was good enough and he was just the b*tchiest man child ever. And it wasn't just him because our sister station, the female morning show host on it said her male co-host had the same issue around the same time my co-host did. Their cycles must have synced up. lol

I should have crushed up midol and snuck it in his drink. See if that did anything for it. Always have good ideas too late!

As for my period, I haven't had it since July of 2013 so I don't know. I do know that after I get my depo-shot I crave dairy. I could destroy a whole ice cream section at the grocery store if I let myself.
    Does your body ever feel weird not having a period? I'm not sure I would do something to stop mine entirely unless it was necessary. I bet you save a ton of money from not having to buy all the goods though!
  • Sinistrous
    Sinistrous Posts: 5,589 Member
    Options
    Anywhere between 1-6 lbs. On crazy times, I've gone up to 8.
  • Miss_1999
    Miss_1999 Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    I was on steroids this month for a nasty *kitten* sinus/ear infection, then that gift that just keeps on giving showed up. I was like, damn, really? So, I was swollen like a big ol' bullfrog. I almost cried when I stepped on the scales. I was up like 3 or 4lbs. At the doctors office I was up 5lbs. I was like ready to give up, but apparently, it was all fluid. Today, I'm down all of that, and had lost, I think 2lbs? So, I'm not gonna *kitten* too much. I'm just glad all of its gone away.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    1-2 pounds, tops. It disappears again by the second day. B)