Period Ponderings And Menstrual Musings (ladybits question)

Options
12346»

Replies

• jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options

dextershowercurtain_queen_duvet.jpg?height=225&width=225

Amazing. Could be used as camouflage during that time of the month. ;)
  • MadamMina
    MadamMina Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    notamoment wrote: »

I gain about 4-6 pounds NO JOKE, it shows up about 10 days beforehand it diminishes the day i start a full flow weird but true, i see the weight gain and i see it diminish my legs and lower tummy become quite swollen with water weight haha it would be hard to miss.

This! But as soon as the period ends the water weight comes back once more to stay another week.
  • MadamMina
    Options
    MadamMina wrote: »

I gain about 4-6 pounds NO JOKE, it shows up about 10 days beforehand it diminishes the day i start a full flow weird but true, i see the weight gain and i see it diminish my legs and lower tummy become quite swollen with water weight haha it would be hard to miss.

This! But as soon as the period ends the water weight comes back once more to stay another week.

• MadamMina
    Options

• MadamMina
    Options
    [

• JeriAnne84
    JeriAnne84 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    JeriAnne84 wrote: »
    rhonderoo wrote: »
    However, my TOM is not as bad as my husband's. Now, a man's time of month... who knew they were so fragile?

OMG this. I worked in radio and spent 4 hours a day, 5 days a week in a cramped studio with my co-host who was a man. You could tell when he got his man PMS because all the sudden he was a complete b*tch fest and complained about EVERYTHING! Nothing I did was good enough and he was just the b*tchiest man child ever. And it wasn't just him because our sister station, the female morning show host on it said her male co-host had the same issue around the same time my co-host did. Their cycles must have synced up. lol

I should have crushed up midol and snuck it in his drink. See if that did anything for it. Always have good ideas too late!

As for my period, I haven't had it since July of 2013 so I don't know. I do know that after I get my depo-shot I crave dairy. I could destroy a whole ice cream section at the grocery store if I let myself.
    Does your body ever feel weird not having a period? I'm not sure I would do something to stop mine entirely unless it was necessary. I bet you save a ton of money from not having to buy all the goods though!

My body doesn't feel weird, but in my mind I get occasionally paranoid. Especially if I'm not at home because all the sudden I will think "oh god...its here" and just picture it in my mind that its like that part on the Shining where all the blood floods out of the doors. Then I get paranoid and have to run to the bathroom to check and make sure if I started and see if I have blood all over my pants. Then turns out I was worried for nothing. My brain likes to screw with me I think. It is really nice not having a period though. And I have been saving a ton of money, which made up for the 3 months straight of having a period and it never stopping and having to constantly buy tampons and pads. Fibroids are @$$holes.
  • PurringMyrrh
    PurringMyrrh Posts: 5,276 Member
    Options
    Hmmm, apparently my body now wants to include headaches for the stupid TOM list. Not digging it at all. Anyone else get that right around your start date?

And tired...good grief, I feel like I could nap all day for the first few days. It wasn't like this until the last year or so. Boohooooooo...
  • eleanorella1989
    eleanorella1989 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I don't get 'em anymore but when I did I felt like I was eating the entire house and no matter how much I ate I never seemed to be full when it was happening. It was incredibly annoying. I'm pretty sure a lot of the weight I've gained was from that. haha
  • priscillam31
    priscillam31 Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    90j1z3y6hqo8.jpg

Yea...what the heck!!
  • _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,641 Member
    Options
    So many good posters who don't post much anymore in this thread...
  • PurringMyrrh
    PurringMyrrh Posts: 5,276 Member
    Options
    They must have all wised up and got a life. Some great comments at the beginning though. :laugh: Had me cracking up.

And I'm bleeding like The Shining.
    And I'm whiney.
    And I reeeeeeeeeally want a million things from fast food so I can stab at them angrily and then cry while I eat.
    As you were.
  • jennmpantoja
    jennmpantoja Posts: 1,080 Member
    Options
    I don't know about 5 pounds, but I swear I gain more than that. My lower stomach looks like it has swelled beyond my boobs and I am dog tired and just really angry at everything. It's sad. It's easy for me to gain the PMS weight, but to lose it is the worst.