I hate yogurt

Options
1235»

Replies

• melimomTARDIS
    melimomTARDIS Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    I HATE wheat bread and whole wheat noodles. I strongly prefer white rice.

Im not up at night sad about it, I just enjoy my white foods in peace. :) No matter what the pope, or my mama says, I am not switching over, whole wheat just sucks in pasta and bread.

I get my whole grains from popcorn, graham crackers, cereal, and quaker rice cakes.
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    I HATE wheat bread and whole wheat noodles. I strongly prefer white rice.

Im not up at night sad about it, I just enjoy my white foods in peace. :) No matter what the pope, or my mama says, I am not switching over, whole wheat just sucks in pasta and bread.

I get my whole grains from popcorn, graham crackers, cereal, and quaker rice cakes.

It's a few pages back, but I'm trying to get more high calcium items into my intake (without resorting to pills) for medical reasons.

Not really sure what to make of this post...but if it was in reference to trying to make myself like something for the sake of liking it, it's not the case. I'm moreso trying to get ideas for incorporating it in a way that doesn't consist of me eating it straight up.
  • melimomTARDIS
    melimomTARDIS Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    I thought you were asking for permission to dislike a certain food, in which case, permission given.

If you are looking for ways to up calcium, a slice of american cheese (borden is the brand I buy most often) has 45 percent your daily value.

A glass of almond milk is also high in calcium, at around 40 percent your daily value of calcium. If you added a calcium supplement, like tums/viactiv you might be all set, without eating yogurt at all. :)
  • foofyq
    foofyq Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I'm sure someone has already said this, but don't buy fat free yogurt! It's nasty and has the consistency of snot. (sorry....)
    I accidentally picked up 3 low fat yogurt containers last week and NEVER AGAIN. that stuff is gross. I don't like greek yogurt either because it feels like I'm eating frosting. I suggest you go to the store and pick up a few different brands to see if you like one better than the other. My personal fave is Brown Cow. I like getting plain yogurt because there is way less sugar in non-flavored yogurt. You can then add fresh fruit, granola or muesli, chia seeds, jam, or whatever you like. Giving it a bit of texture makes it way more palatable if you aren't used to it.
    You could also try kefir instead -- it's like a drinkable yogurt and has the same benefits of other fermented foods like yogurt.
  • ladyace0007
    Options
    You can use plain yogurt in place of mayo. Use it in egg/ham/tuna salad. Use it as a base for a light pasta sauce. Mix it with garlic and lime juice and use it for a dipping sauce or a topping for fish tacos or roasted eggplant. You can also use plain or sweetened yogurt in baking as a sub for oil or butter. You can also use cheesecloth to drain the water out overnight and use it as a spread on bagels, toast, etc.