What is the oldest age you would ever go for in a partner?

Options

Replies

• runningagainstmyself
    runningagainstmyself Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    My partner of nearly 8 years is 18 years older than I am.
  • gettinthere
    gettinthere Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I'm 39 and would probably not go much above 50 or lower than 35
  • dbrightwell1270
    dbrightwell1270 Posts: 1,732 Member
    Options
    And how old are you?

I'm 19 and a 50 year old man (my college professor) had made it clear that he likes me. To be honest though I actually wouldn't mind going with a man that age! The only thing stopping me would be my parents and friends I guess.

It's weird but I've only ever been attracted to men between the ages of 35-60.

What about you guys? :D

I'm a terrible poster and thread reader - I didn't read the OP's post before responding.

MaggieMuggle ftw on this one.

The reason a man that much older than you, and in a position of power (sorry, he's your prof, the power imbalance there is astronomical) over you is making advances, he is NOT a guy to go with, age regardless.

The issue here isn't age, though a strong arguement could be made for the mental issues of a 50 year old man pursuing a woman so young he can't even take her wine-tasting, the issue is the absolute inappropriateness of the advance of a professor towards their student.

Say no. Drop the class, or if you really need the class, report his *kitten*. He's out of line in a major, major way.

As someone who at one time taught college courses, you don't have to put any effort into pursuing a young gal on a college campus if all you are interested in is sexual power and control. I was 34-37 when I taught and weighed almost 500 pounds. There were 3-5 18-yo girls every semester that would flirt with me all semester and another 4-10 that would offer services in exchange for grades at the ends of the semesters. It wasn't anything I ever followed up on but it was there every semester without fail.

To answer OP's question, my fiancée is 37 and I couldn't see dating much younger that. The gal I dated before I met my fiancée would be 49 now. I might have dated someone a few years older than that but not much.
  • mrfreestyle
    mrfreestyle Posts: 1,293 Member
    Options
    Being 32, the limit for me would be around 45.
  • PurringMyrrh
    PurringMyrrh Posts: 5,296 Member
    Options
    I'm 36 and would definitely consider someone in their 50s...provided they were not a broken down 50s and could still use their wiener for something other than wetting themself. I've always been attracted to older men as they are generally more mature (besides just the age number) and are established.

Not always the case though. When I was 19 I got with a 37 year old and he was the opposite of mature and established...and the opposite of witty and intelligent.
  • helenarriaza
    helenarriaza Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    My partner is 42, I'm 24.
  • Bellodesiderare
    Bellodesiderare Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Depends on how much money they have

^^ I ain't sayin' she a gold digger... hahahaha
  • yourlittleloretta
    Options
    I'm 29...so I'd say 26-35ish...
  • burning2much
    burning2much Posts: 4,846 Member
    Options
    Youngest I would go is 35 to oldest 50, depending on their physical appearance...I have standards (I expect the same of myself, why not others?)
  • 2aycocks
    2aycocks Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    100 year old! That is if he's loaded and doesn't have any kids swarming around like buzzards waiting for him to fall over! ha!
  • 2aycocks
    2aycocks Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    And how old are you?

I'm 19 and a 50 year old man (my college professor) had made it clear that he likes me. To be honest though I actually wouldn't mind going with a man that age! The only thing stopping me would be my parents and friends I guess.

It's weird but I've only ever been attracted to men between the ages of 35-60.

What about you guys? :D

Lol depends on the grade u would get. BTW I'm 31 my husbands 47.

To put this in perspective, he would be your PARENT'S PEERS. Or perhaps OLDER than your parents???
    Tell him to shove off and look at the cute guys that are still IN college!
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    Depends on how much money they have

^^ I ain't sayin' she a gold digger... hahahaha

She's good as long as he has a stong porfolio and a weak heart.
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    I'm 45, but whatever age keeps me secure. And buys me shoes. :bigsmile:
  • ScorpionQwean
    ScorpionQwean Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    I'm a Cougar... I like them late 20's to 40. Thank you, the end.
  • dogpaws4ever
    dogpaws4ever Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Never someone that has any type of authority over me.
    But I also won't date anyone that is old enough to be my parents age, or anyone that is more than a year or two younger then me.
    When they can't talk to me about things I was interested in when growing up and they are not heading in the same direction I am going in, than I don't want anything to do with them.
  • arscott94
    arscott94 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I'm 31. I think I would begin to feel uncomfortable above about 5-6 years. So at my age, a man who is 40...I can't say absolutely not, but at the same time, I do feel like 9 years is a big age difference.
  • lemonsnlove
    lemonsnlove Posts: 200
    Options
    I'm 31, age doesn't matter too much I think 45 would be my max...

I would rather go older than younger
  • Jim_Barteck
    Jim_Barteck Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    There's a general rule for guys: 1/2 your age + 7 years.

Anything younger than that and you're the creepy guy......

Half of 50 is 25. Plus 7 is 32. He's definitely a creepy guy.
  • OhhNiff
    OhhNiff Posts: 1,397 Member
    Options
    For me my age limit falls between "I like older men" and "I don't have serious daddy issues".
  • p8liwag
    p8liwag Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    I would rather go older than younger

I'm 31 so my max would be 40ish