What is the oldest age you would ever go for in a partner?

Options

Replies

• no_russian
    no_russian Posts: 893 Member
    Options
    Early to mid thirties
  • Groovyca2022
    Groovyca2022 Posts: 21,378 Member
    Options
    10 years older
  • superman_149
    Options
    I'd go up to 40/45. but not a prof! thats a bad idea
  • riirii93_
    riirii93_ Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    The oldest I have gone was 6 years older. He was 24 I was 18. At that age I felt it was way too big a gap in maturity and where we were at in life. Now I'm 21 and my bf is 24. It' makes more sense to me. I think within 6-8 years when you're in your 20s max. Usually. There are outlying couples of course. I've always liked my men a little older than me. I like being protected :)

Dating someone who has a position of power over you is generally a terrible idea. Be careful.
  • upnorthtim
    upnorthtim Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    I'm a college prof and have regular contact (he he) with beautiful, smart young women. However I could lose my job (not to mention my family) just for hitting on someone. Not gonna happen.

True story.....young woman comes to my office two days before the final , "Dr. G....I really really need to pass this class. I'll do ANYTHING to pass this class. I don't need an A, I'll do anything just for a C." In my mind I immediately become Clint Eastwood in The Eiger Sanction ("go break out the books and study your little *kitten* off") which of course I did not really say. "So let's look at your grades and see where you stand .... blah blah, work hard I'm sure you can do this....yada yada". Would have been memorable though.......lol. :devil: :smoking:

btw...she managed the C all on her own......
  • lessbounce
    lessbounce Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Mid fifties for me - but I do have the old man thing real bad
  • BigT555
    BigT555 Posts: 2,068 Member
    Options
    i stick to the golden rule;

oldest i would date= my age (21) minus 7, times 2. so 28
    youngest i would date = my age (21) divided by 2, plus 7, so 18
  • ineedalifetbh
    ineedalifetbh Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Only twenty but I tend to swing two years older and a year younger.
  • Kakibot
    Kakibot Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    When I was younger I was also more attracted to older guys, but I guess that with age my man cravings are.. stabilising? I am 25 now and I think I wouldn't want to date anyone over 45, but the ideal would be somewhere between 30-35 I think!
  • vkdarling
    vkdarling Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Go for what makes YOU happy! Personally, my biggest gap has been about 27 years. If you want to give it a try then give it a try ! Maybe wait until he isn't a professor of one of your classes though!
  • Johnplusfour
    Johnplusfour Posts: 105
    Options
    Assigning restrictions to who you date based on their age over their personality seems pretty stupid to me. (Not talking about sup 18's btw) If your magic equation for success in partnership has to include their date of birth, their astrology symbol, or their bank account then you're just stupid. There's relative maturity based on age but there's also relative stupidity that is ageless.
  • miss_jessiejane
    miss_jessiejane Posts: 2,820 Member
    Options
    930 or so.

tumblr_m3m2toE6IU1r5x46zo1_500.jpg
  • BigT555
    BigT555 Posts: 2,068 Member
    Options
    Assigning restrictions to who you date based on their age over their personality seems pretty stupid to me. (Not talking about sup 18's btw) If your magic equation for success in partnership has to include their date of birth, their astrology symbol, or their bank account then you're just stupid. There's relative maturity based on age but there's also relative stupidity that is ageless.
    i can understand that to a degree, but to me theres too many differences between someone who is 20 compared to someone who is 50 (for the average person anyway)
    physical activity level
    sex drive
    years of life remaining
    financial stability
    maturity level
    generally the interests of a 20 and a 50 year old are vastly different, plus finding common ground between friends would be difficult as well. too many obstacles, ill stick with someone around my age
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    Oh we are talking dating. Umm I can see myself going into the early 50s. Some women do not age and I think it is from decades of fitness.

For marriage that number comes down and down.
  • UsernameisNick
    Options
    2 years older. (26)

At my age people are finishing up college/Uni and entering their first real jobs. Wouldn't be a great match if a partner was already well established since that opens up a lot of financial issues to stress a relationship.
  • judipatootie
    judipatootie Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    when i was young, i always liked older men. Maybe it was the maturity. My ex husband was 6 years older than me, but i was attracted to men that were older than him. 25 years later we went our own ways. I am now in a relationship with a man 20 years younger than me. We have been together almost 3 years now. It works- so please dont question it. Men have been dating much younger women for hundreds of years. Does that mean i am attracted to younger men? No, it doesnt. I am attracted to one younger man. So to answer the question, i beleive my answer is that if you are both mature, and and the attraction is obviously mutual, then follow your heart. we cant choose the people who we fall in love with.
  • MarziPanda95
    MarziPanda95 Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    My dad was 21 years older than my mum (ironically she died 14 years ago at the age of 35, when they always worried my dad would die and leave my mum with my sister and me) but I don't think I'd go that old. Probably about 15 years older, but only because I really don't think anyone older than that would have anything in common with me. My girlfriend is going to be 21 in September and I'm 18, 19 in October, and we have a lot in common. But if someone wants to date twenty years or more older than themselves and has a real connection (my parents were very in love) then there's no reason why they shouldn't as long as they're both consenting adults and one is not in a position of power over the other (e.g teacher, uni professor).
  • BringingSherriBack
    BringingSherriBack Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I just turned 40 and personally I wouldn't date anyone who was over probably 48 (50 at most). And even then they would need to be in good health and very active. I'm in my prime so I'm not looking for someone on the downhill slide to retirement. lol My boyfriend is turning 45 next month and the 5 year difference in our ages works out nicely. He's mature and settled without being old. :laugh:

As for younger guys, that depends on the maturity level but I think probably no younger than 32. Definitely not on the same page as guys in there 20s at this stage in my life. Would I have a NSA fling, one night stand or be FWB with a 20-something? Most definitely. :tongue:
  • Monkey_Business
    Monkey_Business Posts: 1,800 Member
    Options
    When I WAS dating, I never had an issue with age, up or down. It was maturity and personality.

Now that I am married, I love it when my wife take a 'position' of authority 'over' me.

Just one ole man's opinion ..........
  • jnichel
    jnichel Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options
    Depends. How rich is she?